Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Fraser Turner, pick #58

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
For what I assume will be the last time before he flys back, saw Fraser in the gym again this morning. Usual cardio/weights program

Overheard a convo. He’s living with Townsend. Training is hard. He went to Falls festival on New Year’s Eve and got drunk, but said he regretted it which to me is a great attitude of a young man yet to play a game. I know I’m a creep listening in, but thought I’d share with you guys haha

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
For what I assume will be the last time before he flys back, saw Fraser in the gym again this morning. Usual cardio/weights program

Overheard a convo. He’s living with Townsend. Training is hard. He went to Falls festival on New Year’s Eve and got drunk, but said he regretted it which to me is a great attitude of a young man yet to play a game. I know I’m a creep listening in, but thought I’d share with you guys haha
1546589005804.png

BTW it was a bloody good concert tour...

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Will be fuming we haven’t picked up another 10 talls
Just spotted this.

No was very pleased with our draft where we addressed the most pressing needs of the list. only player im a bit lost on is Aarts. Not sure if he is good enough and we have an abundance of small fwds.Not so sure about Weller either we will find out.
could have gone on a tall or a mature ruckman with these picks.

All of our reserve talls including ruckmen have virtually no games behind them we must find a way to get games into them now that we have not taken a mature backup in any areas.
Its why im so bullish about getting games into Moore Garthwaite Balta somewhere along the line we will cop serious injuries to our talls and it would be ideal to have kids step up with games behind them.

On Turner he is needed we have soft Ellis Fumbly McIntosh who doesnt get the ball, 30 yr old Grigg who everyone says has to be fazed out, and Menadue who fails every time he gets a game.
Turner is a needed outside mid who we need to come on and make it.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Just spotted this.

No was very pleased with our draft where we addressed the most pressing needs of the list. only player im a bit lost on is Aarts. Not sure if he is good enough and we have an abundance of small fwds.Not so sure about Weller either we will find out.
could have gone on a tall or a mature ruckman with these picks.

All of our reserve talls including ruckmen have virtually no games behind them we must find a way to get games into them now that we have not taken a mature backup in any areas.
Its why im so bullish about getting games into Moore Garthwaite Balta somewhere along the line we will cop serious injuries to our talls and it would be ideal to have kids step up with games behind them.

On Turner he is needed we have soft Ellis Fumbly McIntosh who doesnt get the ball, 30 yr old Grigg who everyone says has to be fazed out, and Menadue who fails every time he gets a game.
Turner is a needed outside mid who we need to come on and make it.

1. Nankervis
2. Balta
---
3. Soldo
4. CCJ
5. Chol
6. Miller

isnt too bad

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It's silly to expect too much too soon from any first year player, much less one as young as Turner, but if I have the right guy from the practice match highlights he looked very promising. Looked like he may be ready for AFL physically about as soon as he gets the hang of how to play within the team structure etc. I look forward to seeing how this guy gets on in 2019.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
It's silly to expect too much too soon from any first year player, much less one as young as Turner, but if I have the right guy from the practice match highlights he looked very promising. Looked like he may be ready for AFL physically about as soon as he gets the hang of how to play within the team structure etc. I look forward to seeing how this guy gets on in 2019.
Are you predicting a meteoric rise?

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Might end up the best of the lot, Turner?

Turner - solid game from Turner backing up a good game in round 1. Finished with 22 disposals 4 marks and 2.2. Alternated between the wing, centre square and up forward. After a slightly slow start to the season in the practice matches it's good to see him hit some form.

Colonel

Senior List
Oct 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Sounds like the kid has talent. What’s his defensive game like? Noticed he didn’t have any tackles on the weekend

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Kid is definitely coming along beautifully he has adapted to VFL level extremely well and has not missed a beat

I dont have the exact stats but pretty sure he has had over 20 touches in 4-5 games

He as also added size to his frame gaining 8kgs since arriving

I have very high hopes for Turner

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Kid is definitely coming along beautifully he has adapted to VFL level extremely well and has not missed a beat

I dont have the exact stats but pretty sure he has had over 20 touches in 4-5 games

Yep. Is currently the pick of last years recruits that hasn’t been given a call up......

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

He’s averaging over 20p for first 8-9 games of vfl that generally is a really promising sign. Straight from draft year. It’s what you see from very good players . I’d like to see him sooner rather than later , can you play him and naish together , we don’t generally overload with rookies

In 9 games he averages per game:

20.6 disposals
11.8 kicks
8.8 handballs
3.9 marks
0.8 tackles

Plays a true outside game having laid only 2 tackles in the last 6 games. Would like to see him add that to his game just to make him a more complete player.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers

20.6 disposals
11.8 kicks
8.8 handballs
3.9 marks
0.8 tackles

Plays a true outside game having laid only 2 tackles in the last 6 games. Would like to see him add that to his game just to make him a more complete player.
Maybe just get 3 or 4 games into Naishy first. The knock on his game was his defensive efforts too. But Ellis injury opened a door for him.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

20.6 disposals
11.8 kicks
8.8 handballs
3.9 marks
0.8 tackles

Thats fantastic numbers and we need to look deeper into this, We all know that he was the youngest player taken in the draft and if just 1 week younger would not have been eligible and would be playing tac this year.

If Fraser turner was getting these numbers at tac this year he would be selected as a 1st rounder but he is actually doing it at vfl level which is significantly higher and against big mature men which is just fantastic

Back