Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The loss has been tempered greatly thanks to the dream French Open. Ash winning and Nadal winning his 12th. Hard to explain to non tennis fans how incredible that achievement is.
Dylan Alcott won too but sadly his amazing achievements barely rate a mention. Well done to them all .

Dylan Alcott won too but sadly his amazing achievements barely rate a mention. Well done to them all .

Really? I've seen quite a bit of Dylan's win online. Has it not in traditional media?

Yeah on the TV new shows Dylan's win is also talked about almost as much as Ash's. In fact more so than Nadal's 12th title. Understandable being a high profile Australian.
Ok haven't had much TV as we have been on the road .Hadn't seen it on any news so may have got a bit defensive of him.I only noticed it online. Thats good to know then .he deserves it .

The disappointment in how our game is officiated is outweighing the enjoyment I get from watching good football at the moment.
Byes come at a good time!

The Demons just consistently handball backwards. Even when Oliver is free forwardside of the contest he turns back into traffic to handball backwards to someone under pressure.

Stephenson is such a great footballer. Kicking has let him down today but he will be a gun in a couple of years.

Stephenson is such a great footballer. Kicking has let him down today but he will be a gun in a couple of years.

Collingwood rewarded for backing him in despite his reported heart issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already is a gun. Wait till he starts playing in the midfield. Superstar in the making.
A few of the BF phantom drafters had Jayden Stephenson in contention for the number 1 selection in his draft year, more had Cam Rayner as the number 1 though. I'm not sure how highly our recruitment staff rated Stephenson pre his reported heart condition, it would be interesting to know.

Stephenson looks like the exact type of player we need, speed speed speed and x factor, hopefully Cam turns out the better long term.

Stephenson is such a smart footballer for someone so young. I love how he leads into open space. Proving that a leading forward still is damaging in AFL. Buckley quite rightly keeps the forward 50 very open for Stephenson and De Gory to use their pace. Wish some of our guys and coaches would do this. Its not like its never been done in 100 years!

Stephenson is such a smart footballer for someone so young. I love how he leads into open space. Proving that a leading forward still is damaging in AFL. Buckley quite rightly keeps the forward 50 very open for Stephenson and De Gory to use their pace. Wish some of our guys and coaches would do this. Its not like its never been done in 100 years!
To be fair to Fagan, I think he has cleared the forward 50 out for Cameron on occasions this year. IIRC, he may also have isolated Rayner in the I50 during the second or third quarter against Gold Coast.

Unfortunately for Rayner though, he has neither the pace or ability to mark anything (marking wasn't an issue last year) so leaving the I50 open would only play to any opponents hands given Rayner's fitness issues in providing any forward pressure or following his man up-field (fortunately not an issue McCarthy or Cameron has).

To be fair to Fagan, I think he has cleared the forward 50 out for Cameron on occasions this year. IIRC, he may also have isolated Rayner in the I50 during the second or third quarter against Gold Coast.

Unfortunately for Rayner though, he has neither the pace or ability to mark anything (marking wasn't an issue last year) so leaving the I50 open would only play to any opponents hands given Rayner's fitness issues in providing any forward pressure or following his man up-field (fortunately not an issue McCarthy or Cameron has).

Do you have a list of Rayner comments prepared which you can then insert into any discussion?

One man’s obsession.

Who do you propose I speak about when discussing our non key position forwards or players from the same draft as Rayner?

Darcy Gardiner perhaps?

Well it comes across as you looking for any opportunity to take a pot shot at him and makes you look irrational and petty. So go ahead if that’s what you want.

Well it comes across as you looking for any opportunity to take a pot shot at him and makes you look irrational and petty. So go ahead if that’s what you want.
So when discussing who to leave the forward I50 open for and royboys4eva cites how Buckley successfully uses samller agile players such as De Goey and Stephenson as prime examples, you don't want me to mention certain players or should I just limit my discussion to Charlie Cameron and Lincoln McCarthy and exclude Rayner?

How's that irrational and petty?

So when discussing who to leave the forward I50 open for and royboys4eva cites how Buckley successfully uses samller agile players such as De Goey and Stephenson as prime examples, you don't want me to mention certain players or should I just limit my discussion to Charlie Cameron and Lincoln McCarthy and exclude Rayner?

How's that irrational and petty?

The fact you need this explained to you isn't surprising. Maybe don't post? Maybe post that you hope Rayner can develop into this sort of player. Maybe don't post things about his fitness for the millionth time? Maybe don't post about him multiple times a day in other threads?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back