Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope so. I keep hearing he is building ..... ;)

Will be much better under Teague, not to worry.

McKay is copping the best defender at the moment, which is a mark of respect by the league. Apt time for Charlie to step up, he looks really threatening now.

It's all coming together.

Jones speed makes him an automatic selection for mine. ItsCasboult that makes way imho. It’s a tough business.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe it's Casboults spot to loose?. Jones may have to come back via Northern. I think it sends a poor message dropping guys who are playing good football.

McKay is copping the best defender at the moment, which is a mark of respect by the league. Apt time for Charlie to step up, he looks really threatening now.

Herein lies the strength of the McKay/McGovern/Curnow setup.
The opposition sent their best to Curnow early in the year and McKay cut lose. Now McKay is getting their best and Curnow finds better form.
McGovern has been chipping in and is a deadeye shot for goal who will become more important as the trio have time to gel.
Add an authentic dangerous small forward or 2 to Cuningham and Silvagni and we are off to the races ...

In regards to Murphy, i understand our situations a bit different but If Clarkson was coaching this team ask yourself whether Murphy would be selected.

Setterfields getting himself into the right spots if he starts finishing and his impact should be exponential.

Tough call either way

If Clarkson was coaching he wouldn't be facing this conundrum. Murphy would in my opinion be playing for an interstate side. Murphy hasnt done anything to suggest automatic selection. We need to stop overstating his contribution to the side as both player and leader.

As for Dow I think supporters are being overly harsh on him. Was impressed with his clearance efforts and tough contested marking in the forward line. The way he throws his body around needs to be applauded.

As for Harry although a fan, he has turned out to be a passenger over the past few weeks. Shouldn't be rewarded with automatic selection on potential alone. Needs to be dropped until we see an improvement in his work ethic and attack on the ball

Great progress from McKay this year.

Learning how to beat the oppositions best defenders and extra attention is his next learning curve.

Can't forget last year he only played a dozen or so games, this is his first season of being a regular best 22 player.

The opposition sent their best to Curnow early in the year and McKay cut lose. Now McKay is getting their best and Curnow finds better form.
McGovern has been chipping in and is a deadeye shot for goal who will become more important as the trio have time to gel.
Add an authentic dangerous small forward or 2 to Cuningham and Silvagni and we are off to the races ...

Get papley and we have one of the most dangerous forward lines in the league.

Key position - McKay and curnow
Medium - jsos and mcgovern
Small - Cunners and papley

That's right up there with the likes of
Collingwood, geelong and west coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newmans a lock until Doc is back. Dropping Levi on form would be criminal, but I guess he would make way for Jones??
Newman well and truly should be on notice turns the ball over way too much of which Jimmae warned of months ago wouldn't be surprised if fit Stocker replaces Newman agree on Cas .

Get papley and we have one of the most dangerous forward lines in the league.

Key position - McKay and curnow
Medium - jsos and mcgovern
Small - Cunners and papley

That's right up there with the likes of
Collingwood, geelong and west coast.
I'd even go so far as to suggest that'd be one of the most dangerous forwardlines in the universe.

If Clarkson was coaching he wouldn't be facing this conundrum. Murphy would in my opinion be playing for an interstate side. Murphy hasnt done anything to suggest automatic selection. We need to stop overstating his contribution to the side as both player and leader.

As for Dow I think supporters are being overly harsh on him. Was impressed with his clearance efforts and tough contested marking in the forward line. The way he throws his body around needs to be applauded.

As for Harry although a fan, he has turned out to be a passenger over the past few weeks. Shouldn't be rewarded with automatic selection on potential alone. Needs to be dropped until we see an improvement in his work ethic and attack on the ball

When Jones returns to the team i reckon we will see a far more involved McKay.
The occasional run in the ruck will do him the world of good in keeping him “in” the game.

Totally agree on this much as some downplay our need for a decent small forward or 2 actually think it is the ingredient that will make this side so much more dangerous to cover .

I'm around, there's only so many times you can criticize the team and suggest changes outside of your control when we're losing.

Excited to see how some development trajectories change under a more free wheeling coaching staff

Zee, Are you happy with the change in coach?
I know I am.

I’ll put my house on it Murph (if fit) is in for Dow. Tough for Dow BUT here’s why:

- our link up play yesterday was sensational. We got many ‘chains’ going
- LOB (well done son, well ******* done) was in many of them. The two way running of Gibbons, Walsh, Ed and LOB was bloody sensational and there’s no way are they undoing that.
- Dow was not really in that group. Seemed to play more forward with occasional midfield stints.
- Walsh will pick up the centre bounce stuff (he goes well at....EVERYTHING) and vacate the wing
- not a hope are they leaving out Murph. None. He takes the Walsh’s wing. Walsh assumes his rightful place....right alongside Batman. In the guts.

I don’t mind Dow going back for a while. Didn’t seem to hurt Weiters....

To recap: my Lord I was wrapt in LOB yesterday. HUGE intensity lift. HUGE. And kept working hard all day. Was horribly unrewarded in Q1 when Cunners ran forward and chipped to McKay who was covered when LOB had dropped his man on a 150m sprint that left him alone in the goal Square. Seems fitter. Looked much stronger but that must be intensity and mindset.

He IS gonna make it. So is Dow. But Dow may have to make way for a bit.
I reckon it will simply whoever needs a rest between Dow, O'Brien, Fisher and Setterfield. I'd be looking at Dow and Fisher.

Daisy was ordinary and at 32 I feel he will have to retire at seasons end as Dochers will be back and we have to keep playing our youth.
But good luck to him in his 250th this week however
Played well as part of the defensive unit and up the wing. Did you not notice the massive spread of disposal from that part of the ground?

They couldn't lock down our run and ball movement from defence because literally everyone was providing it.

When Jones returns to the team i reckon we will see a far more involved McKay.
The occasional run in the ruck will do him the world of good in keeping him “in” the game.

Would love to see Liam assist Kreuzer in the ruck. Has the athleticism to compete in the air and at ground level. Think he rucked in the VFL from memory and did well. As for Harry, he needs o be be protected from the physical demands of ruck work. Nowhere near ready. Repeat sprints for me until he learns to get separation from his opponent on leads

For all those pumping our tall forward forward structure, we aren't taking enough marks in our forward fifty to justify our confidence. Our marks inside 50 to date has me wondering whether we only play two talls at a time. Our opponents seem to take more marks with small forward structures.

Stocker is a straight in for me but as a small forward. Can see him causing damage by foot near goals.

Dirk

Just the one change. Murphy in for O'Brien, who is possibly out injured.

If Jones is fit and ready, just stick him in the VFL with a helmet.
Soapy has confirmed that LOB is fine and will play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back