Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

You are right at the moment but if he starts to improve his disposal efficiency can you promise not to go back and air brush your comments like you have on earlier posts in this thread

It'll definitely improve in time, though how much will be out of Gallucci control. Forward line not being a flustercuck will be the biggest reason for an improvement as having working leading lanes will give more opportunities of high % kicks.

Stuff like turnovers will always be at risk of being high, but that's the nature of the beast for someone getting a lot of ball 50-90 m out from goal.

You are right at the moment but if he starts to improve his disposal efficiency can you promise not to go back and air brush your comments like you have on earlier posts in this thread
Airbrushed my ass, I went back to see exactly what you were talking about, pretty sure they were pictures I posted via my old photobucket account which I no longer have....and the site has had a changeover of servers since then as well which may be another reason. I get really pissed when people make FALSE and incorrect assumptions and accusations, why the * would I "airbrush" past posts as you put it when I could just delete them?

Airbrushed my ass, I went back to see exactly what you were talking about, pretty sure they were pictures I posted via my old photobucket account which I no longer have....and the site has had a changeover of servers since then as well which may be another reason. I get really pissed when people make FALSE and incorrect assumptions and accusations, why the **** would I "airbrush" past posts as you put it when I could just delete them?
No worries. I come in peace. Just that lots of your posts were blank and I didn’t know what else to conclude.

I rate your posts and views on perspective talent and I’m interested in why you have never rated gooch. He seems to be pretty exciting to me.

No worries. I come in peace. Just that lots of your posts were blank and I didn’t know what else to conclude.

I rate your posts and views on perspective talent and I’m interested in why you have never rated gooch. He seems to be pretty exciting to me.
Never rated is a bit over the top, I certainly don't overrate his actual output like some on here currently. He's had his moments in games but at this point in time I want to see more from a player taken in the 1st round well into his 3rd season on our list.

Jordan was not a skinny, gangly, physically underdeveloped young draftee lacking endurance like a lot of 1st year draftees in their draft year.
At the time Jordan was probably the best conditioned, most muscular, physically developed draftee we've ever drafted and if you follow the draft threads I mentioned this after standing next to him at a half time huddle here at Selkirk Stadium earlier in the year we eventually drafted him.

The best two conditioned and physically developed draftees I've seen since taking a particular interest in U18 footy are Jordan Gallucci and Josh Begley (Essendon) without a doubt, both had obviously done serious hours in the weights room prior to being drafted, interesting that the Dons thought Begley was too big and and have stripped him down unfortunately the poor kid did an ACL last year.

With Jordan I want to see him use his speed, agility and undoubted athletic prowess way more than he does at present to break games open.
During his time in the TAC I saw him take some absolute high flying hangers, can't say I can recall seeing that in any of his AFL or SANFL games thus far. There's no doubt he has talent and great athleticism but we need to see more of it consistently before the word "elite" should be even mentioned in the discussion.

Last edited:
Never rated is a bit over the top, I certainly don't overrate his actual output like some on here currently. He's had his moments in games but at this point in time I want to see more from a player taken in the 1st round well into his 3rd season on our list.

Jordan was not a skinny, gangly, physically underdeveloped young draftee lacking endurance like a lot of 1st year draftees in their draft year.
At the time Jordan was probably the best conditioned, most muscular, physically developed draftee we've ever drafted and if you follow the draft threads I mentioned this after standing next to him at a half time huddle here at Selkirk Stadium earlier in the year we eventually drafted him.

The best two conditioned and physically developed draftees I've seen since taking a particular interest in U18 footy are Jordan Gallucci and Josh Begley (Essendon) without a doubt, both had obviously done serious hours in the weights room prior to being drafted, interesting that the Dons thought Begley was too big and and have stripped him down unfortunately the poor kid did an ACL last year.

With Jordan I want to see him use his speed, agility and undoubted athletic prowess way more than he does at present to break games open.
During his time in the TAC I saw him take some absolute high flying hangers, can't say I can recall seeing that in any of his AFL or SANFL games thus far. There's no doubt he has talent and great athleticism but we need to see more of it consistently before the word "elite" should be even mentioned in the discussion.
Bit of context, hes played 24 AFL games. "Had his moments in games". He has been better than that.

Think its better to acknowledge your bias and just move on.

Jarrod Berry, SPP and Hayward are always going to be the comparison, and will probably colour his performance in the eyes of some forever, but he is clearly improving well this season.

Agree with this - all of those named were taken after him so you can't help but wonder what might have been. Then again, it's hard to know if players like Berry or Witherden would have been able to break into our best side immediately after being drafted and if Jordan went to Brisbane he might already have 50 games under his belt.

Not sure where to place Jordan just yet. If I’m being slightly optimistic, I think he’s an “almost” player but still has a chance to improve as he’s only had 24 AFL games. Best game so far was the 4 goal performance in R23 last year and I think we were all hoping he would build on that. Then again, that game was against Carlton.

In the GWS match it felt like he turned over a lot of ball with F50 entries, but I think it’s also the first time he’s had more responsibility especially given that Lynch was a late out. Looking at his stats he averages around 11-13 touches per match with a career Kick:Handball ratio of about 3:1. I like that he’s quick, can stick a tackle and could still turn out to be a very damaging player for us.

I don’t think there’s anything here that’s unreasonable or that his most ardent supporters could disagree with.

The tools he has are plain for all to see. We’d just like to see a bit more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How quick many were to write him off.

Over the next few years he will turn into a very good player.

Like we did with Dangerfield, Bock, O'Brien etc, etc, etc, etc,

We have a real bad habit of writing anyone off who isn't an immediate superstar. He might become one, but if this board had its way half of our past and present stars would have been traded/delisted after one season on the list...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back