Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Jesus there's some crap being spouted here, Bryce Gibbs has been a very good footballer right up to this season where he's been struggling with playing to Don's perceived role for him. I don't think anyone that has watched Bryce right through his career has suggested he's ever been rated "elite" but some of the talk here is just ridiculous. Bryce has been a very good footballer and unlike some here dining out on his 'average' form this year I'll be hoping he can recapture his mojo and find his best form in the back half of the season.....we are a better side with Bryce playing at his best.

Last edited:
Tend to agree with most on here. I'd rate him marginally (just) ahead of Van Berlo. I can see why Reid did the deal, but he's been a massive flop.

Bryce Gibbs is a significantly better footballer than Nathan Van Berlo

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jesus there's some crap being spouted here, Bryce Gibbs has been a very good footballer right up to this season where he's been struggling with playing to Don's perceived role for him. I don't think anyone that has watched Bryce right through his career has suggested he's ever been rated "elite" but some of the talk here is just ridiculous. Bryce has been a very good footballer and unlike some here dining out on his 'average' form this year I'll be hoping he can recapture his mojo and find his best form in the back half of the season.....we are a better side with Bryce playing at his best.

How many other non elite footballers commanded the trade price Gibbs did in the twilight of their career?

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
How many other non elite footballers commanded the trade price Gibbs did in the twilight of their career?
And nothing you say or do can change anything, Bryce is Crow now and you're just a broken record..

giphy.gif

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
And nothing you say or do can change anything, Bryce is Crow now and you're just a broken record..

View attachment 689827

Nothing we say or do on this forum changes anything regarding the Crows anyway. So what exactly are you suggesting? we just shut the whole thing down? You're best off contacting the BF admins rather than me in that case mate.

Basically you know I'm right, you've got nothing to refute it so you're dodging and deflecting like you always do.

Speaking of I'm still waiting for you to come back to me with how many pack Marks Jenkins took in that performance you were praising him for right before he wasn't recalled. You said you'd let me know after the replay but rather than admitting you were wrong like a man you just hoped it never came up again.

Last edited:

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Between Pyke, Camporeale and Gooden; the players are getting mixed message and anything getting squid right now is being contradicted by another coach.

Wednesday night, Bryce was told he was playing by 1 coach, come Thursday afternoon a different coach told him he was out. Disgusting communication and no one is having any account of what they are saying.

Bryce Gibbs is part of our best 22.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Between Pyke, Camporeale and Gooden; the players are getting mixed message and anything getting squid right now is being contradicted by another coach.

Wednesday night, Bryce was told he was playing by 1 coach, come Thursday afternoon a different coach told him he was out. Disgusting communication and no one is having any account of what they are saying.

really? which one of our core inside mids does he replace? CEY, MCroch, BCrouch or Sloane?

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Nothing we say or do on this forum changes anything regarding the Crows anyway. So what exactly are you suggesting? we just shut the whole thing down? You're best off contacting the BF admins rather than me in that case mate.

Basically you know I'm right, you've got nothing to refute it so you're dodging and deflecting like you always do.

Speaking of I'm still waiting for you to come back to me with how many pack Marks Jenkins took in that performance you were praising him for right before he wasn't recalled. You said you'd let me know after the replay but rather than admitting you were wrong like a man you just hoped it never came up again.
To be perfectly honest I'd clear forgot about the Jenkins thing and I'm not bothered anyhow as your one poster on here I'm not particularly interested in much you've got to say. Gibbs has been a very decent AFL footballer largely for most of his career in any unbiased fair minded football watchers eyes. We certainly paid a premium to get him, I've never argued we didn't. He mostly met my expectations last season in an underperforming team wracked with injuries after a epic failure of a pre-season, not so much this season. Bitching and carrying on still over what we gave up to secure him changes what exactly? You win some, you lose some, that's life, get over it.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be perfectly honest I'd clear forgot about the Jenkins thing and I'm not bothered anyhow as your one poster on here I'm not particularly interested in much you've got to say. Gibbs has been a very decent AFL footballer largely for most of his career in any unbiased fair minded football watchers eyes. We certainly paid a premium to get him, I've never argued we didn't. He mostly met my expectations last season in an underperforming team wracked with injuries after a epic failure of a pre-season, not so much this season. Bitching and carrying on still over what we gave up to secure him changes what exactly? You win some, you lose some, that's life, get over it.

You do win some and lose some.

I'll take it you agree we lost this one.

In that case you are 100% right and you and I no longer need to debate this point.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
really? which one of our core inside mids does he replace? CEY, MCroch, BCrouch or Sloane?

Considering most elite AFL midfields run 8 deep these days, I’ll leave it at that as I’m sure you will find something wrong with my selection.

Jack McKraken

All Australian
Jan 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What star player did we get?

Because Gibbs isn't a star of the competition in any sense of the word. If a player hasn't made the AA list in over 10 years of their career and has no other accolades worth mentioning... how do you justify the title of star?

when you use the words star/gun so loosely they lose all meaning.

The BEST you can say about Gibbs is that he was a solid player in a terrible team.

You want to see how a star in a terrible team looks? Look at Patrick Cripps.
-6 years younger
-already has an all Australian
-has already won more carlton B&F (not that those are worth much).
-has already finished 4th in the Brownlow medal count, Gibbs has never even cracked top 10 iirc.

Cripps is a star, Gibbs is not.

Cripps is worth 2x first rounders, Gibbs is not.
True, but the Cripps first rounders will each be single digits

What star player did we get?

Because Gibbs isn't a star of the competition in any sense of the word. If a player hasn't made the AA list in over 10 years of their career and has no other accolades worth mentioning... how do you justify the title of star?

when you use the words star/gun so loosely they lose all meaning.

The BEST you can say about Gibbs is that he was a solid player in a terrible team.

You want to see how a star in a terrible team looks? Look at Patrick Cripps.
-6 years younger
-already has an all Australian
-has already won more carlton B&F (not that those are worth much).
-has already finished 4th in the Brownlow medal count, Gibbs has never even cracked top 10 iirc.

Cripps is a star, Gibbs is not.

Cripps is worth 2x first rounders, Gibbs is not.

+1

If Gibbs didnt go Pick 1 and went for a pick in the 20s at the time, he would have been like any South Aussie kid wanting to come home and his value would have been considerably less.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's similar to what we gave for Gibbs....didn't I tell you this yesterday.

Yeah you kept repeating it despite repeated evidence using the actual picks showing you were wrong.

Part the fact Deledio is a better player than Gibbs by a fair margin. 2xAA to none for a start.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You find me an elite AFL midfield running 8 inside mids, I'll wait.

Guess you will be waiting a long time as I’m now turning the footy on and shifting my care factor to zero.

Enjoy your petty argument. Means nothing to me now!

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guess you will be waiting a long time as I’m now turning the footy on and shifting my care factor to zero.

Enjoy your petty argument. Means nothing to me now!

Ah the cowardly retreat from someone who realizes they're wrong.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Bryce Gibbs is a significantly better footballer than Nathan Van Berlo

Anyone who compares van Berlo to Gibbs knows nothing about football.

One was an athlete trying to play football, the other is a very good footballer for most of his career forced to endure mediocrity his entire career until 2018.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Why would he be told he was playing a day before main training and the MC meeting to select the team ..?

Back