Adelaide Crows 2019 - Will they play finals? ( Can they make the top 4 and be a serious contender )

Will the Crows play finals in 2019?

• Yes, they will make finals and be a strong contender

Votes: 101 35.8%
  • They will make the 8

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • They will miss out on the 8 again

Votes: 90 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Give me a star full forward and full back over a star half back flanker any day
Ben hart played over 300 games and 2 premierships played on Lockett Dunstall Ablett did a pretty good job
Modra was called godra in s.a kicked 400 goals in his first 100 games kicked over 120 goals in his second season of afl didn’t win the Coleman that year but did win one in a field I’ve mentioned
if his knees didn’t pack up on him who knows how many he would of kicked

How is Richmond's performances this season and the skill of Rance or Reiwoldt relevant to whether or not the Crows will play finals?
The captain has been on a bender.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A star full forward and full back are always more valuable than a star half back and mid
Ridiculous. Mids have the most influence on games and are the most valuable. If Full Forwards or Full Backs were more valuable they'd win more Brownlows/Poll a lot more.

They don't.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Ridiculous. Mids have the most influence on games and are the most valuable. If Full Forwards or Full Backs were more valuable they'd win more Brownlows/Poll a lot more.

They don't.
Don't agree.

Midfielder is easier to cover.

And a Brownlow is the biggest overrated load of s**t award in the game.

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
As Leigh Matthews said during pre-game commentary in 2015, good midfielders are a dime a dozen but quality key position players are hard to find. Are players like Sloane, Matt Crouch and Daniel Talia playing like real 'stars' at the moment? Probably not, but as long as we keep winning games I'll be happy.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Edited the thread title.

Can the Crows make the top 4 this season? Could they be a serious flag contender, or one of the more dangerous challengers amongst the other heavyweights?

Hobbes

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Edited the thread title.

Can the Crows make the top 4 this season? Could they be a serious flag contender, or one of the more dangerous challengers amongst the other heavyweights?

Well, definitely. I make them a favourite in all but two matches from here - Geelong in Geelong and West Coast in Perth. Most likely competition for fourth place is West Coast, who I also tip to win all but two. I think that everybody considers it a given that Geelong will finish top and Collingwood/GWS will come 2nd and 3rd.

My god you lot have no idea. Ricciuto and McLeod **** all over Riewoldt and Rance.
Plucking players from a different time to compare too.

Another Richmond versus the World game coming up,we are like the Australian cricket team.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Edited the thread title.

At this stage of the season I don't think there's any contenders outside of Geelong and Collingwood. That said, there's still half a season to go, so things could change with form and injuries.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
The thing is on anyones day anyone can beat anyone..

If that makes sense...

There is no reason why Essendon or Hawthorn or Freo couldnt get on a run and finish top 4.

I do think Cats will finish top.

& in some order

Pies/GWS 2 & 3.

Crows/Eagles/Rich 4 , 5, 6

Port/Freo/Bris 7,8,9

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Plucking players from a different time to compare too.

Another Richmond versus the World game coming up,we are like the Australian cricket team.
Riewoldt and Rance are better than any Adelaide player ever
That's how that come about. Both players important to Richmond but neither anything special. Just another key Foward and key Backman.

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
You might see it as hope. I see it with my own eyes.
At this stage Crows being contenders is a long shot but not out of the question. The 2019 version of the Crows is quite different than the 2017 one. Their game plan is built around contested ball rather than quick ball movement. A game plan that may well hold up better in finals. That said they have to make it 1st and there's a long way to go yet.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Their Remaining schedule

Richmond H
Geelong A
Port H
Gold Coast A
Bombers H
Carlton A