Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Toronto the better team, regardless of injuries.
Playing out of their minds and deserve the title.

Super interesting off-season coming up for the dubs.

Is there much they can do? I presume Durant and Cousins will leave. Klay will probably get the max, I’d be a little surprised if he took a discount. They’ll need to keep Looney and maybe Cook on cheap deals. They’d already be 20m over the cap so there’d only be the MLE and minimum contracts.

Unless you can see them making trades?

Is there much they can do? I presume Durant and Cousins will leave. Klay will probably get the max, I’d be a little surprised if he took a discount. They’ll need to keep Looney and maybe Cook on cheap deals. They’d already be 20m over the cap so there’d only be the MLE and minimum contracts.

Unless you can see them making trades?

Someone else will pay looney as well. He’s a starting level centre who can guard the pick n roll. Can see him landing $10m plus.

Unless they trade iguodala (would be super surprised), they’ll only have the tax payer mid level to find some scoring punch/shooting.

Suspect Livingston will retire as well.

Yeah. He was huge again. Without him they would have been 20 down at quarter time.
I just checked his stats across the 4 games. Averaging 30pts, 10 Rebs, 4 Assists, 2 Steals and a Block. Shooting percentages 45% from the field, 40% from three and 93% from free throw. Doesn't get much better than that.

Well done Ashleigh. So clinical and composed.
She's flown under the radar compared to headline hoggers like Kyrgios and Tomic. A true well-rounded sportsperson, unlike certain self-infatuated brats you see in top level tennis.

Well done Ash. A more worthy champion Australia could not hope for. An example of strength, resilience and maturity in taking a break when she needed to and coming back and reaching the pinnacle.

I hope she shows everyone out there as bad you think it might currently be - there are better days ahead.

Maybe Kyrgios should go off and play basketball for a couple of years, scratch his itch and then come back with a new commitment to tennis ................ bwaaaahhhhh! He couldn’t.

Women in sport doing is proud at the moment. Barty is great to watch, skill wise and temperament. Hope the Matildas can follow in her steps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a typical game for an Italian football team, a style we are used to seeing the men play. Physical with frequent cynical fouls but knowing just where the line is so they don't get red carded. Quite skillful on the ball but not necessarily with dominance on the field or a load of possession. Well organised in defence. An exquisite ability to contrive goals from a small number of half-chances, and even a winner in extra time.

Well played Italy and well coached. We looked good for most of the match but didn't do enough to seal a win or even a draw. An unfortunate couple of lapses in the last minute. As long as we qualify for the knockout phase I won't mind.

Maybe they should sack the coach? Oh, wait ... they've already tried that.

They just don’t go away, huge game from the Splash Brothers.

They did hit 20/42 from three and only won by one, so maybe not sustainable but you never know.

Looks like an achilles for KD which is an awful injury at this stage of his career. Wonder what the implications will be in free agency. Can’t believe they rushed him back to be honest.

Weird time out by Toronto when Kawhi had just scored 10 in a row and had the lead. Killed the momentum and Splash hit the 3s to turn it around. Still don’t think they can do that 2 more times. Draymond and Boogie need to become danger s in scoring or it comes down to double teaming the Splash Bros our off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird time out by Toronto when Kawhi had just scored 10 in a row and had the lead. Killed the momentum and Splash hit the 3s to turn it around. Still don’t think they can do that 2 more times. Draymond and Boogie need to become danger s in scoring or it comes down to double teaming the Splash Bros our off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boogie was great but a liability in periods of the last. Made a few costly errors. Been a great series.

Not sure why Lowry doesn't put Boogie in the pnr every possession he's on the floor. Showed he can basically score at will once switched on him. Guy has zero lateral movement.

Slightly surprised raps didn't close it out, but you can never count out this warriors team. For the minutes Durant played, I think he actually made a difference to the outcome. Pretty sad for the bloke. Wonder if it means he's more likely to stay now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back