Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
9F9D848B-837B-491B-93EF-DCD70BF5F5EF.jpeg
Ima just leave this here :blueheart::blueheart:

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
It’s about Saturday’s game.

Can be in both threads.

Plenty of other media in this thread.

Being a bit picky me thinks.

Yep I agree- there are MANY posts that have been shifted out of relevant threads into another one, when they could have stayed because they were relevant to both. Good to see a change in philosophy- finally!

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Yep I agree- there are MANY posts that have been shifted out of relevant threads into another one, when they could have stayed because they were relevant to both. Good to see a change in philosophy- finally!

Well if everyone posted in the correct threads relative to the topic at hand, posts would not have to be moved.

Pretty simple really.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We need more public holiday long weekends. Both wins have come when I'm on the Murray and can't watch the games.

Sounds like cripps turned it up another level or 2 and had alot more help

Almost the most impressive thing is to come back from nearly 40 points down and goalless mid 2nd term, a week after sacking the coach. I was predicting massive head drops but got the opposite. Crazy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Smegger

Club Legend
May 19, 2016
place without a postcard
AFL Club
Carlton
We need more public holiday long weekends. Both wins have come when I'm on the Murray and can't watch the games.

Sounds like cripps turned it up another level or 2 and had alot more help

Almost the most impressive thing is to come back from nearly 40 points down and goalless mid 2nd term, a week after sacking the coach. I was predicting massive head drops but got the opposite. Crazy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Surely you could stay there for 12 more weeks Frumpy. ;)

Blues_1864

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Casboult was huge. If he keeps his form up playing back Jones may have to come back through the VFL............

*runs and hides

In all seriousness, that should happen anyway. After the nature and extent of his layoff, I'd be disappointed if he came straight back to AFL at Casboult's expense - just unnecessary.

Just quietly, Casboult is the smarter footballer. Of course he doesn't have Jones' athleticism, but he makes a broader range of defensive decisions, and makes them well. He knows when to mark, when to spoil, and (most importantly) when to block when a team-mate is in better position (Jones never does this). Marchbank has flourished next to Casboult; tends to wither next to Jones. I think this is because Jones is such a one-dimensional spoiler; he kills plenty of contests in our D50*, which is great when the opposition key forwards are in good position, but he also robs us of valuable rebound when the opportunity arises for an intercept mark and quick release to slingshot.

So I hope Jones comes back through the VFL, and I also hope he is told that when he can read the ball in the air, he should be marking first and spoiling second. And hopefully he doesn't come back to AFL until he is making good decisions in those areas (as well as executing properly, of course).

*Edit: D50, not F50!

Smegger

Club Legend
May 19, 2016
place without a postcard
AFL Club
Carlton
In all seriousness, that should happen anyway. After the nature and extent of his layoff, I'd be disappointed if he came straight back to AFL at Casboult's expense - just unnecessary.

Just quietly, Casboult is the smarter footballer. Of course he doesn't have Jones' athleticism, but he makes a broader range of defensive decisions, and makes them well. He knows when to mark, when to spoil, and (most importantly) when to block when a team-mate is in better position (Jones never does this). Marchbank has flourished next to Casboult; tends to wither next to Jones. I think this is because Jones is such a one-dimensional spoiler; he kills plenty of contests in our D50*, which is great when the opposition key forwards are in good position, but he also robs us of valuable rebound when the opportunity arises for an intercept mark and quick release to slingshot.

So I hope Jones comes back through the VFL, and I also hope he is told that when he can read the ball in the air, he should be marking first and spoiling second. And hopefully he doesn't come back to AFL until he is making good decisions in those areas (as well as executing properly, of course).

IMO Jones has improved his decision making this year between marking and spoiling. Last season was like a kamikaze chook but probably because he was trying to do too much.

GoBlues!

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Any chance Cripps makes the team of the week, this week? 50/50? :)

Not often I've been in awe of a player the way I was on Saturday. That was truly something else.
I think Eddy McGuire summed it up when he said - can we give Crippa 6 votes. The 3 votes just doesn’t seem to adequately reflect his game yesterday.😁

rog1995

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton

Levi dare I say is a better version of Rowe. Better mark and kick.

Back