Roast Luke Dahlhaus

Having a great year. Love his industriousness in the forward half.

F341D221-3B25-4958-AE9F-28F2CB3B5F82.jpeg

90928FAA-C289-4F1D-95BB-048C2AC3C55A.jpeg

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Been waaaaaay better than I thought he would.
Back to his 2016 best, and then some.

Sneaky.
Somewhat of a human meatball.

The past two weeks I thought he started a little slowly and then stepped up to be the type of mid-forward that all good teams need.

Agree CE, he has had a big years and deserves a toast. :beercheers:

How bloody good is his ability to pick the ball up off the deck and release by hands all in the one motion.. That was a doggies trademark the year they won the flag and is such a good string to the bow and weapon forward

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Good to see him get a little recognition - he's been a huge part of our rise this year. I kind of view him, Atkins, Miers and Rohan as one group that has been the biggest improvement to the side, but I think Dahlhaus has probably been the most consistent of all of them; he is almost a mix of the best parts of the other three rolled into one.

Putting together a very good (and underrated) season.

Mr Meow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolute terrier. Team morale is improved by players such as these. His ability to turn what would almost certainly be "dead ends" or spilling to the opposition, into ball retention and quite often space releasing handballs - absolute asset that he does better than any Cat. He's a big part of the forward pressure down there, and by that I don't necessarily mean chasing blokes down, but more in the scrapping at 50/50s and finding his way to the common areas where oppo mop up. Always brings others into the game, too.

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon his year has been severely underrated (or just not mentioned) by most. He's mentioned alongside our other ins but rarely is it talked about how consistent he's been. Week in, week out you know exactly what you're going to get (20 touches, probably a goal, lots of pressure). Having a tremendous season.

He and Rohan both, they play with their emotions closer to the surface than most players.
Enthusiasm is infectious though Fred isn't it, i have no doubt they are both a big part of the change off field as we as what they are doing on field

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Enthusiasm is infectious though Fred isn't it, i have no doubt they are both a big part of the change off field as we as what they are doing on field

I commented to a mate during the game (and have done so a couple of times this year) that our team seems to be happier and more "together" than I remember for quite a while. It shows in little things - Dal and Rohan bring enthusiasm, which Hawkins has always had and it just appears like the forwards all love to work for each other. Same goes for the way Harry and Tuohy flew the flag for Clark when he was knocked down. There's been times in seasons past where blokes like Selwood and Danger have copped it and looked all alone out there but this year feels different. Really feels like we're playing as a team and a close-knit unit.

He's a funny player because you notice his defensive work, the chasing, the tackling, the contesting in the air, the knock ons etc but I'm always surprised when i look at the stats sheet and he has had 20+.

I know. He just does the little things and the team things so well. Really valuable to us and back to some of his best form i reckon.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
I commented to a mate during the game (and have done so a couple of times this year) that our team seems to be happier and more "together" than I remember for quite a while. It shows in little things - Dal and Rohan bring enthusiasm, which Hawkins has always had and it just appears like the forwards all love to work for each other. Same goes for the way Harry and Tuohy flew the flag for Clark when he was knocked down. There's been times in seasons past where blokes like Selwood and Danger have copped it and looked all alone out there but this year feels different. Really feels like we're playing as a team and a close-knit unit.

Great post and completely agree. I loved the way the entire team got around Stanley when he kicked the goal from the downfield free after the 3/4 time siren. Complete buy-in, complete enthusiasm.

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
We're looking at a situation right now where the two best recruits from other clubs in this AFL off-season both may have landed at the Cattery. Certainly in terms of the price paid and value added, anyway.

Chucky and Dahl have been absolutely magnificent, and their contribution to team morale has been truly stellar as well. Hard to imagine two boys who are more in love with playing for the mighty Cats.

Will admit I really liked the look of him at the Dogs back in the day. But he looks so at home in the hoops now.

Back