Review Dees v Maggies: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
* it. We get up in a surprising win by 5 goals. Lever and May take marks but don’t really look like they know what they’re doing. Hunt with 5. Eddie melts down over score review or something. Booing occurs. Gawn owns Grundy. For once I can watch the replay.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
**** it. We get up in a surprising win by 5 goals. Lever and May take marks but don’t really look like they know what they’re doing. Hunt with 5. Eddie melts down over score review or something. Booing occurs. Gawn owns Grundy. For once I can watch the replay.

Whoa. We don't like these kinds of talks here. Only the Veil of Negativity(TM) and MFCSS(TM) talk allowed.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good: Neale Daniher
Bad: no MND cure
Ugly: that I haven't enjoyed footy and this team enough this year to miss my first queens bday match in a decade, possibly for the great man's last walk to the G. Bought myself a beanie and will watch on the couch..

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I honestly wish this club would fold, or relocate to some china/darwin/Tassie so I never waste another minute watching this shitshow of an organisation.

They are not doing Tmac favours keeping him in the team. Guy is bereft of confidence and his skills are moribund.

Gawn however, more possessions than hit outs as it stands.

Last edited:

Charlie_s123

Premium Platinum
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good: Not much to be honest.
Bad: Lead to the ball, they were able to flick it out to men on the run consistently, falling off tackles, goal kicking, s**t I don’t know where to stop.
Fugly: Having to watch the game with pies supporters clapping every good thing for them and every bad thing for us.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Garlett, thanks for the good years but your time is up. ANB, Lockhart or Dunkley even gets a go.

Lever warmed into it, he and Hore are going to be interception freaks when they gel together.

May did enough to have me positive, he just got torched by quick breaks which left him exposed to 1 on 1s with De Goey.

Hannan took 3 quarters to show up. Simply not good enough.

Something needs to be done about Viney and Jones because I feel like both are too limited to have in the same side.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
good- Gawn and the midfield dominance at clearances.
-Lever and May getting through their comeback games.

bad- failure to convert that clearance dominance into clean fwd 50 entries and marks.
- skills. they repeatedly let themselves down with horrible kicking, handballing and dropped marks.

ugly- Tmacs form :poo:. lots of poor moments but the best was his attempt to mark the ball with his hands about a 2 feet apart :oops:
-Garletts form aint much better. doing nothing really besides the odd goal out the back off the back of others work. looks even more scared of contact than he ever used to.

Good: May, Lever, Hore, Salem all into the backline for the same result. Now that the coaches have confirmed our woes are not personnel based, surely they will now get to addressing the game plan. You know, the plethora of uncontested possession chains and acres of space inside their forward 50 as they rebound yet another shallow entry or recover another turnover. Well done Melbourne FC on your thorough diagnosis

Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm going to be positive.
Good:
Neale daniher and co and everyone who contributed.
Gawny. Massive massive game. Well on top of Grundy.
Harmes, Oliver solid. Harmes' season would stand out more if we were actually a decent side.
Trac put in for most of that game. Took it on especially early when noone was.
Defence for a lot of that game did ok even without Frost.
Bad: Won't bother.
Fugly: DeGoey. This bloke absolutely ****s me. How about his strut?! Is a good player I know but he pulls so much out of his backside it's not even funny. I reckon Hibberd beat him yet he still ends up with 3 goals from like 5 possessions. Yes I'm salty I know.

Good: Not much to be honest.
Bad: Lead to the ball, they were able to flick it out to men on the run consistently, falling off tackles, goal kicking, **** I don’t know where to stop.
Fugly: Having to watch the game with pies supporters clapping every good thing for them and every bad thing for us.
So there was an absolute truckload of clapping!! Not sure who would have provided the most fodder for them.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
20190610182411.jpg

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just one of those seasons, can't wait for it to be over. Just 11 more weeks at least I feel this team can rebound with a good off season.

Dropping McDonald to the vfl should be seriously considered. He couldn't get near the ball earlier in the season and now that he is, his kicking is atrocious. When he got that gift from the umpire just butchered it, then that snap shot where he just hit the belly of the ball and finally that set shot to give us a chance and just butchered it again. Go to casey no pressure just put them through. Who replaces him doesn't matter.

Look at mason cox has played the game for 5 minutes but his kicking action well embarrassess well most our team in set shots.

Just get through this season there's a lot of work to be done in the off season. Also let's just try a few things now.

Back