Status
Not open for further replies.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey eDPS and Pie 4 Life, how deep do see the depth of that second tier of players going this year?

Before the end of the first round, or does it look like extending in to early or mid second round?
It’s extremely close, I have a confident top 4 or so but from there to about 20 it’s pretty close and then after that you could raffle another 20-30 players.

Ravenhawke

Debutant
Jun 3, 2018
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was about what I expected from him, I had him at 16 so not that suprised, still want to see a few more things to suggest puting him higher.

Mate if you picked up Dev Robertson at pick 16 in the National Draft, as a club you'd be absolutely licking your lips.

He's very clean off the deck. Tough as nails. Has great leadership qualities, finds a sh!t ton of the footy and has worked on his engine with room still to improve in that area. You also know he can play at half forward while he builds that AFL level midfield tank.

Obviously with about the first 5 picks in the draft you really need to take best available and from their you start to look at picking by needs which may mean he slips past 10. I just think at 16 he's a massive value pick imo.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Mate if you picked up Dev Robertson at pick 16 in the National Draft, as a club you'd be absolutely licking your lips.

He's very clean off the deck. Tough as nails. Has great leadership qualities, finds a sh!t ton of the footy and has worked on his engine with room still to improve in that area. You also know he can play at half forward while he builds that AFL level midfield tank.

Obviously with about the first 5 picks in the draft you really need to take best available and from their you start to look at picking by needs which may mean he slips past 10. I just think at 16 he's a massive value pick imo.
Similar things said about Higgins in his draft year, sometimes clubs value ceiling of a player more so than their floor

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Have a few things to say about a few players and a list of players that are on the cusp of my top 30.

WA

Jeremy Sharp
I had him as one of WA’s better players but there are still a few questions with his contested side of his game and his kicking efficiency should be higher for how many uncontested possessions he had, Rivers is a good chance to pass him once the champs have been done.

Liam Henry
Also one of the better players for WA but he was a bit showy at times and his kicking in general play while good I think could be even better. A strong game against SA will put him in my top 20.

Elijah Taylor
Watched him play for the all stars last year on the wing and I really liked what I saw and had him as a top 30 prospect and finally getting a look at him this year he looks just as good if not better as a pure forward, he has also grown a few cm since last year aswell. Very exciting prospect.

Ben Johnson
Nobody has talked about him and despite the lowish numbers (11 disposals) he was extremely efficient and kicked two very long goals on the run so he is a damaging kick both short and long, he also has some decent speed about him and if he can lift his disposal numbers I could see him being a real bolter.

Metro

Louis Butler
He goes through periods of games where his kicking is a bit too high for the leading player but at other times it is absolutely on point and rather damaging especially in the second half on the weekend. Would like to see him played in the midfield for Sandy once school football is over to show his contested side because he is playing a strictly outside role so far. He is one of the better running defenders so far in the champs.

Darcy Cassar
I still don’t see it, plenty I know rate him a top 30 prospect but he really doesn’t do anything for me. Very outside and doesn’t show much speed in his play.

Nick Bryan
Jackson beat him but I thought he still played well and improved on his first game against Country, I can certainly see the talent their and he will be a longer term prospect compared to Jackson.

Charlie Dean
Getting some absolutely poor delivery and the coaches seem reluctant to play him up the ground where he can be a good target. Not playing well but expect him to have a big game if Metro switch into gear at all.

Allies

Mitch O’Neill
Now that’s better! I thought that was the best game I’ve seen him play, he was genuinely damaging on the wing especially when his team was smashed he managed to win plenty of it. He was composed, moved well and showed class way beyond anybody else for the Allies. More games like this and a top 10 showing could be very likely.

Connor Budarick
Took the Allies awhile but they finally realised late in the game that he is best used through the midfield, I know they are trying to show his versatility playing in defence but personally I don’t like that role for him and he looks far better playing as a midfielder in the Devon Smith mould. Hopefully won’t be playing half back from here on out.

Country

Cameron Wild
Thought he was stiff not to play in the first round but I thought he played a very good game on the wing on the weekend working hard defensively and offensively and certainly knows how to get to the right spots, his ball use was good and I think he could also be a sneaky forward option to hopefully even give Mitch Martin a go on the wing.

Brady Rawles
Is highly rated by Country coaches and despite a slow start last week he really showed his trademark speed and ability to take the game on. More games like that and he will start to get noticed a lot more.

Lachlan Williams
Got 20 touches but thought his kicking and decision making was very poor compared to others for Country, wouldn’t have had him close to the bests for country as some have otherwise noted.

Players to watch as potential top 30’s
Liam Henry
Elijah Taylor
Riley Baldi
Ben Johnson

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It was about what I expected from him, I had him at 16 so not that suprised, still want to see a few more things to suggest puting him higher.
Agree, a solid all round midfielder. But something lacking to make him top range, leadership would be highly appealing for some clubs though.

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
WA

Elijah Taylor
Watched him play for the all stars last year on the wing and I really liked what I saw and had him as a top 30 prospect and finally getting a look at him this year he looks just as good if not better as a pure forward, he has also grown a few cm since last year aswell. Very exciting prospect.

Ben Johnson
Nobody has talked about him and despite the lowish numbers (11 disposals) he was extremely efficient and kicked two very long goals on the run so he is a damaging kick both short and long, he also has some decent speed about him and if he can lift his disposal numbers I could see him being a real bolter.

Taylor, I swear if he tested fine for off field, the kid is going super high. He was impressive at the game, then watching the replay, I even missed a heap of things he did.

Johnson, once he kicked those goals, I started to watch him and I am not sure where he belongs at the moment. Did not massively impress me, but his boot is next level and that kind of weapon is always useful, just needs work on his output.

Muzzz68

Draftee
May 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have a few things to say about a few players and a list of players that are on the cusp of my top 30.

WA

Jeremy Sharp
I had him as one of WA’s better players but there are still a few questions with his contested side of his game and his kicking efficiency should be higher for how many uncontested possessions he had, Rivers is a good chance to pass him once the champs have been done.

Liam Henry
Also one of the better players for WA but he was a bit showy at times and his kicking in general play while good I think could be even better. A strong game against SA will put him in my top 20.

Elijah Taylor

Ben Johnson

Metro

Louis Butler
He goes through periods of games where his kicking is a bit too high for the leading player but at other times it is absolutely on point and rather damaging especially in the second half on the weekend. Would like to see him played in the midfield for Sandy once school football is over to show his contested side because he is playing a strictly outside role so far. He is one of the better running defenders so far in the champs.

Darcy Cassar
I still don’t see it, plenty I know rate him a top 30 prospect but he really doesn’t do anything for me. Very outside and doesn’t show much speed in his play.

Nick Bryan
Jackson beat him but I thought he still played well and improved on his first game against Country, I can certainly see the talent their and he will be a longer term prospect compared to Jackson.

Charlie Dean
Getting some absolutely poor delivery and the coaches seem reluctant to play him up the ground where he can be a good target. Not playing well but expect him to have a big game if Metro switch into gear at all.

Allies

Mitch O’Neill
Now that’s better! I thought that was the best game I’ve seen him play, he was genuinely damaging on the wing especially when his team was smashed he managed to win plenty of it. He was composed, moved well and showed class way beyond anybody else for the Allies. More games like this and a top 10 showing could be very likely.

Connor Budarick
Took the Allies awhile but they finally realised late in the game that he is best used through the midfield, I know they are trying to show his versatility playing in defence but personally I don’t like that role for him and he looks far better playing as a midfielder in the Devon Smith mould. Hopefully won’t be playing half back from here on out.

Country

Cameron Wild
Thought he was stiff not to play in the first round but I thought he played a very good game on the wing on the weekend working hard defensively and offensively and certainly knows how to get to the right spots, his ball use was good and I think he could also be a sneaky forward option to hopefully even give Mitch Martin a go on the wing.

Brady Rawles
Is highly rated by Country coaches and despite a slow start last week he really showed his trademark speed and ability to take the game on. More games like that and he will start to get noticed a lot more.

Lachlan Williams
Got 20 touches but thought his kicking and decision making was very poor compared to others for Country, wouldn’t have had him close to the bests for country as some have otherwise noted.

Players to watch as potential top 30’s
Liam Henry
Elijah Taylor
Riley Baldi
Ben Johnson
Didn’t you already have oneill in your top 20 he was 19 in your June rankings?

Zurgblade

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Ben Johnson

I'm a West Perth supporter and have watched Ben a few times at Colts level. He has some amazing fluidity with the ball in hand and has an x-factor about him. Those shots at goal against VicM are just part of his regular arsenal of shots at colts level. Prior to being plucked up for State duties, I think he was the highest goal scorer for WP and has only played in the backline.

He also clocked in at 2.82 sec in the 20m at the colts combine at the start of the year so he certainly has the pace.

Jaxon prior is also another one to keep an eye on. Whilst not as Flashy as Ben, he has a lot more composure under pressure and is a smooth operator in the backline.

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Jaxon prior is also another one to keep an eye on. Whilst not as Flashy as Ben, he has a lot more composure under pressure and is a smooth operator in the backline.

Prior had a few fumble moments and also a moment where he looked like he shirked a contest. Then I watched him later smash it into a pack, it was a strange day for me watching Prior. Initially I made some harsh calls, then he slightly changed my mind, really need some more vision of his game.

ft2010sc

Debutant
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ticks a lot of boxes for me as a forward/mid

Natural footballer
Good leap/overhead marking
Tough
Goal sense

And despite his endurance not being great he still manages to be amongst the major ball winners wether that’s in the midfield and even up forward he doesn’t have a hard time winning a fair amount of the ball, reminds me of Toby Greene a bit and don’t think his size will detract him being a very dangerous player.

Serong’s engine is actually pretty good. His gps numbers are above average for a mid.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ft2010sc

Debutant
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I haven’t really been able to judge Flanders well because everytime I try to watch him I end up watching serong.

Flanders is a power athlete. He is spending more time in the middle to show his range of skills. He likes 1v1 contests in the forward half. He rarely gets beaten. Should kick more goals than he does with his strength and speed. I don’t think Gippsland Power isolate him enough. Defenders always look worried if they don’t have help on its way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Some thoughts on the WA vs SA game

Personally thought it was one of the worst standard champs games I’ve watched, a few good highlights here and there but mostly a very scrappy game to watch.

A few little things to say about some players

WA

Liam Henry
Jet

Riley Garcia
lacks hurt factor for mine, his kicking also needs work, gets a lot of the ball and solid speed but yeah still not sure

Deven Robertson
Ball magnet but lacking in overall damage

Ben Johnson
Kept Pickett relatively quiet, kicking not as good as last week which is a shame

Jeremy Sharp
getting less and less sold on him, speed and agility are there but lacks finesse by foot

Elijah Taylor
Big fan, very talented with a lot to work with, high risk high reward

Trey Ruscoe
Wish he was taller, is at an awkward size but I do like how he plays. If he was 195cm he would be top 30.

Trent Rivers
Like his kicking but could be a little better, I still like him a lot for his clean hands and speed to go with his smarts.

Luke Jackson
Another solid game, AA ruck will be his to lose, his follow up work is outstanding

SA

kysaiah Pickett
Was disappointed the coaching staff didn’t give him a couple of minutes in the midfield, could have added some spark at times. Still a freak and really like him

Dylan Stephens
Yeah not really the best showcase of him as a top 10 caliber player but in the conditions which I thought didn’t suit him he still managed to win a lot of the ball and use it cleanly, need to either see a bit more desire for the contest or real speed outside to really set him apart from other mids in this draft

Cameron Taheny
Kicked a clinical goal from a lead up mark and second goal was from a pretty soft free kick, was only ok in conditions that didn’t suit forwards, want to see more tricks

Josh Shute
Don’t mind him, like his size and the way he moves. Skills can be better

Will Day
Like what I see, wanted to see a bit more of his run and dash but a very solid start to the champs for him

Jackson Mead
Very good footballer, didn’t win a whole lot of it but still rate him

Josh Morris
Thought he looked really good when he was around the ball, would like to see more of him a bit deeper

Lachlan McNiel
Very well balanced through the midfield, hope to see some more tricks to really push his case

Will Gould
usual day at the office

Dyson Hilder
I didn’t think he was that good, solid but personally thought Finlay was the better defender

Karl Finaly
Really like the way he intercepts, a real natural and smart user of the ball

Really liked Edwards aswell

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Anywhere I can find the Results from the U16's game played down at Geelong today VC vs VM?
Metro won by 3 goals

Josh Sinn, Tyler Sonsie and Alex Lukic where the standouts for Metro and Ben Hobbs the standout for Country

This is Sonsie pictured celebrating a goal
26B72088-FBF5-4F05-8FAE-103E99EA4BF7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back