Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT just now " Geelong and Collingwood are clearly the stand out sides in the comp".

Fair enough for Geelong.
But Collingwood are only 1 game in front of us and GWS.

The same Collingwood that lost to Fremantle last week, okay then

This was doing my head in. I couldn't believe it was Healey getting it wrong as well.
Worst thing was they replayed the passage of play that clearly showed Rioli and they kept saying Ryan.

Me too, you could clearly see it was number 44 not number 1. I couldn’t believe they kept calling the wrong name over and over.

Yep, it's going to be a tough week.

According to The Tackle, we're now a joke and we don't try.

5. What a joke West Coast
When the Eagles lose, they lose big. Their four losses this year have been by 44 points, 42 points, 58 points and 45 points against the Swans. They lacked Elliot Yeo’s grunt in the middle and Shannon Hurn at the back. They were destroyed by Sydney’s ball movement. There are damning stats and horror stats and the Eagles yesterday allowed the Swans to score 45 points from chains starting in the defensive 50m. The AFL average is 13 points. That is a horror stat. If you didn’t know any better, you’d say they didn’t try.

All fair observations.

It absolutely kills me that we were out coached in all out big losses. We had no answers tactically.

My fear is we make the grand final and we get pumped in a similar fashion and we see no response.

A lot needs to change from Simpson and his coaching staff.

All fair observations.

It absolutely kills me that we were out coached in all out big losses. We had no answers tactically.

My fear is we make the grand final and we get pumped in a similar fashion and we see no response.

A lot needs to change from Simpson and his coaching staff.

Calling us a joke when we're sting 4th is harsh.

I don't think much needs to change from Simpson at all.

Adding in NN, Hurn, Barrass, Yeo and Allen will make a huge difference.

Garry Lyon really is a rampaging flogbean.

Can't contain his excitement having negative WC highlights to go through.

Because as 'bad' as we are this year, we're still top 4.

Melbourne have a bad year and already they're thinking about who to pick up at pick 4 in the draft.

A3B1A9AC-3B1B-4665-9F0E-2C7B9CD597CB.jpeg

Found an article by Fox on clubs who are apparently playing as “flag winners”

Of course we’re 11th. I’m sure Hawthorn are a real threat for the flag, same with lol norf.

Sure we haven’t been playing amazing but I think us still sitting 4th on the actual ladder above most of the teams ahead of us on this tripe list should really say something about us playing like “flag winners”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flying underneath the radar, gliding low at night,
flying underneath the radar, gotta keep it tight,
flying underneath the radar, let's give everyone a fright!
(oh well, here's hoping?)
(screw the media)

Calling us a joke when we're sting 4th is harsh.

I don't think much needs to change from Simpson at all.

Adding in NN, Hurn, Barrass, Yeo and Allen will make a huge difference.

Tactically we've been found wanting in the games we've lost and even in the games we've won. In the games we won there were still large periods where the opposition were in control but just never could convert their chances to break the game open - Ade, WB, Melb come to mind.

Yes adding in Naitanui, Barrass, Hurn, Yeo will help immensely but tactically and structurally we are not as solid as last year and Simpson needs to improve it.

Tactically we've been found wanting in the games we've lost and even in the games we've won. In the games we won there were still large periods where the opposition were in control but just never could convert their chances to break the game open - Ade, WB, Melb come to mind.

Yes adding in Naitanui, Barrass, Hurn, Yeo will help immensely but tactically and structurally we are not as solid as last year and Simpson needs to improve it.
The one thing that has worried me in the losses is the apparent lack of hunger and obviously the extent of the loss. A loss I can handle - but they just seem to have turned up their toes when the game is not on their terms. It's obviously a mental thing. I know we were missing some key personnel yesterday but we just seemed to lack cohesion and were all over the shop. Think the MC had a bit to answer for though in the selections which didn't help.

Freo also beat GWS away and got pretty close to us. Collingwood are going pretty well.

We have also beaten GWS, Collingwood and Fremantle

It shows how even the competition is apart from Geelong so to say there is a second clear standout is just fanciful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back