Review Pies defeat Dees (98-57)

Remove this Banner Ad

We won in what seemed a pretty cruisey style, always a good sign. Sier looked good, so did the forwards today. Still some hardness and pressure to improve, but better signs than last week.

Yep, absolutely. Roughy, Howe and Aish were particularly excellent

More so given the absolutely pantsing the midfield got.

Absolutely zero pressure on the entries today.

Yep, absolutely. Roughy, Howe and Aish were particularly excellent
Sure were.
Levi also solid, he’s such a tough nut.

Sidebottom was on a mission today.. he was brilliant.
I expected him to regain form when he went back to the role he had before we recruited Beams.
Beams output, and the effect it has had with the Sidebottom positional change, has been a negative this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly s**t umpiring, and the FL expects respect for these amateur fools?
The game was nearly ****ed by the stupid and unjustifiable decisions these fools dealt out for 4 quarters.
Gillan the moron should be stood down for the s**t he has dealt out in his tenure.
Bloody embarrassment and a handicap to the game of AFL. The game has gone backwards under his stewardship.
Hocking should be sacked as well.

Tough as nails but his hands are so soft. Some of his ball handling in the contests was incredible.
It’s as if he’s found his place.

Been so dependable.

I love our defensive group.

(That’s a reason Quaynor isn’t getting a go)

Good win in the end.We saw the best and the worst of Collingwood today,so it was good to get the four points in the end.The clearance numbers were shocking though.I think we lost them 46 to 29.If we halved the clearances we probably would have won that game by 80 points instead of 40.It’s definitely something that needs to be addressed,but I don’t know what the answer is yet.

Sidebottom was on a mission today.. he was brilliant.
Flawed genius today.
An oddity or two, one cost a goal but his overall play outweighs any slight oddity.

His running and getting to contest after contest is a thing of beauty.

Truly **** umpiring, and the FL expects respect for these amateur fools?
The game was nearly ****** by the stupid and unjustifiable decisions these fools dealt out for 4 quarters.
Gillan the moron should be stood down for the **** he has dealt out in his tenure.
Bloody embarrassment and a handicap to the game of AFL. The game has gone backwards under his stewardship.
Hocking should be sacked as well.

Never thought I would be thinking "Things were good in the Demitriou days"...

Absolute joke. For a professional league I can't believe how incomprehensible the officiating has become.

Great to be sitting 9-3 going into the bye. Our defense was solid again, created plenty of opportunities for our forwards and our transition from the back half was a highlight. Centre clearances still an issue so hopefully we sort this out during the break. Not sure why Thomas and Brown can’t get some minutes in the middle especially with Adams out. Think either would be better options than putting Phillips in there which we did at times today.
Coxy’s timing was a bit off today which was probably to be expected but great to see him back. Sier was good and his ability to push off his man at centre bounces and get his hands on the ball will be massive as we look to improve our centre clearances.
Our pressure and tackling as a team has also improved the last couple of weeks.
Think we’ll sort out some issues over the break then bed them down first couple of weeks after the bye then unleash our full potential beginning with the Hawks. Our last eight games will all be tough but I feel we’ll be ready.
Go Pies !

Losing the clearances by 17 is a real concern, and also contested possessions by 27.

Says a bit about how well Gawn played that they so dominated the clearances, he had 10 on his own. The contested possessions probably said more about how much pressure we bought to them which resulted in a lot a poor disposal and yet another contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back