Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think guys like Voss could be a better coach second time around, I just prefer Carlton not being the Guinea pig

I agree, Voss will be better 2nd time around, but get the feeling Clarkson, Lyon, Roos and Scott are in the preferred group of candidates.

"Carlton is open-minded about Brendon Bolton’s replacement, but won’t appoint a coach with training wheels on”
“No one is out of the question yet, but there’s a very clear focus,” Carlton football director Judd said.
“We’re not going to bring in a coach where’s there’s a feeling that they have got training wheels on, or there has got to be drop before there’s an uptick.
“We think there’s a lot of talent on our list and whoever comes in, be that a young coach or an old coach, we’re hoping an expecting an uptick on day one.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...t/news-story/78c2377121516c1bf787a09c6719bd25

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the words from Judd, this club is going to set standards with the playing group.

We can see it, the club can see it, we just need the youngsters to see it. Th club are going to bring in the best candidate they can get their hands on to show the group how to see it clearly, there is expectation that a senior coach having been there in the high heat of finals and grand finals will give the players the best chance to get the most out of themselves.

BB ws the development coach we needed, he started by teaching the boys team defence, which they learnt. He was then asked to teach the boys to attack whist maintaining his team defence structures they couldn't, it became to complicated, so he went back to square one, which started to frustrate the players and clearly from DTs comments, the assistant coaches too.
To my untrained eye the only thing I saw us do differently was actually look to use the corridor and put Ed in the middle as a tagger where he belongs. And Cripps got a rest up forward.
Nothing groundbreaking, we've been doing this the last 3 years

To my untrained eye the only thing I saw us do differently was actually look to use the corridor and put Ed in the middle as a tagger where he belongs. And Cripps got a rest up forward.
Gibbons in the middle, less negative roles for players (like L'Ob who was far freer), made the field a lot longer as in we didn't compress into our own half when defending, key forward targets were far better positioned, Walsh off the wing and into the guts, Marchbank played a more involved and intercepting role, one key target always within 60 from goal, Weitering rolling back to stay deeper instead of letting plow and Marchy continuously be dragged to the goal square, more balanced setup around stoppages. Essentially I noticed a lot of differences, no idea if the differences were Bolton vs Teague or if they're lack of confidence vs circuit breaker or a bit of both.

Think there was more times when we kicked to one of our big key forwards closer to goals than previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back