Free Agency Adam Tomlinson [Signs for Melbourne, GWS receive #40 as compensation]

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No one is paying him over 700k.

He's a bits and pieces player that hasn't made a position his own and has never been a match winner.
I wouldn’t think so either but stranger things have happened. Youd imagine that would be around the mark to get him to leave

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The only parallel I can think of wuth Tommo is Blicavs. He doesn't get as much recognition but the coaches really do love him. He's now a guy they give pretty much any job to do with confidence.

I follow our games closely and I cant predict week to week what job he's got each game.
I think he's more valuable to us than people real8se and not easy to replace.
Yeah that’s fair enough, I suppose with you guys it’s just about smart management with your salaries, if u can get him to stay for 4-500k then that’s a win. Any more and I think it’s probably not worth it for u guys

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah that’s fair enough, I suppose with you guys it’s just about smart management with your salaries, if u can get him to stay for 4-500k then that’s a win. Any more and I think it’s probably not worth it for u guys
No doubt the bean counters are challenged.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Looking forward to seeing how he goes against us

Still not being best utilised imo

I would be interested to see where you think he is best used?
I rate him as a c grader and he only gets games because of his endurance and height really average at most other things imo

Just one of the role players that doesn't stand out but rarely plays poorly. Not going to make a huge difference to anyone that picks him up but still handy none the less
Our record with talls is woeful, he'd definitely make a difference for us.
We're playing a guy as a tall who wasn't even on an AFL list two weeks ago. I think he stays at GWS but I would be annoyed if we didn't at least approach Tomlinson given we have huge cap space as well.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our record with talls is woeful, he'd definitely make a difference for us.
We're playing a guy as a tall who wasn't even on an AFL list two weeks ago. I think he stays at GWS but I would be annoyed if we didn't at least approach Tomlinson given we have huge cap space as well.
I think he's likely to leave if Coniglio signs, especially if a cashed up Dogs pay him well. He may be able to make a difference structurally, but he won't have a huge impact on the game playing CHF or CHB.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Didn’t notice him today

Even went into the ruck

Just needs to be positioned at either end imo

Been tried fwd, has no burst speed, can't get seperation on the lead and isn't strong in contested marks. Defence he is quite good but again is one paced and can get burnt by quicker players, appears to lack desperation at the contest due to not being overly physical. He's basically an endurance mid in a KPP body. If he was more of a bull he could be a Cripps but he just isn't.

What he is that #12 to #18 selected that every team would love to have.
Need a winger? endurance forever and a great mark/kick
Need a 2nd ruck? Will more than hold his own
Getting beaten down back? Send Tommo to win the 1 on 1s and create the rebounds
Dude is the Swiss Army knife of the AFL and we love him.

What he is that #12 to #18 selected that every team would love to have.
Need a winger? endurance forever and a great mark/kick
Need a 2nd ruck? Will more than hold his own
Getting beaten down back? Send Tommo to win the 1 on 1s and create the rebounds
Dude is the Swiss Army knife of the AFL and we love him.
Not suited to a wing imo

Elite endurance yes
But no line breaking pace

Third tall defender is his best spot imo

Not suited to a wing imo

Elite endurance yes
But no line breaking pace

Third tall defender is his best spot imo
Sounds good - Morris unlikely to play in in 2020 and hasn't been sighted this year with his knee.
Tomlinson easily best 22 for us and we have huge cap space. I suspect the Saints will go hard as well.

Back