Toast Hail King ROB

Remove this Banner Ad

ROB is without a doubt the main reason why we’ve gone the form reversal since round 4 (1 W and 3 L). His form surge coincides with us winning 6 of our next 8 games.

His second efforts is what’s assisting the team more. More importantly, his inclusion is a simple message by the club “if you give it a fair crack, you’re going to keep being selected”. Take note crappy complacent version JJ and Gibbs.

Jacobs hopefully keeps performing in SANFL to push ROB to the max! The more competition for the 1st ruck spot, the better place we’re in as a club.

Must say, it's been a pretty good year for the Doc.

Stocks have risen. Girls winning and now ROB emerging.

Credit where it's due. Reputation had previously rested entirely on the shoulders of a Carlton trade. Has obviously played the major role in ROB's development and is tracking well.

I honestly didn’t think he’d make it. For me it was seeing what he had to offer and Jacobs was finished.

But the way he’s come on is amazing. He’s physically a beast, fantastic second efforts, clears the ball, not a bad mark and decent tap work.

Sure his kicking looks ugly and isn’t great but who gives a toss, kicking is the last of the proprieties for a ruckman.

Given the 6-6-6 rule it's probably not even a big deal his kicking is ugly. Having a ruck who can clear the ball from the middle and get it into the forward line quickly before defenders get a time to flood back is a big deal nowadays. Jacobs might be better at tapping it down, but don't think he ever had that sort of follow up work if our mids don't win it.

I honestly didn’t think he’d make it. For me it was seeing what he had to offer and Jacobs was finished.

But the way he’s come on is amazing. He’s physically a beast, fantastic second efforts, clears the ball, not a bad mark and decent tap work.

Sure his kicking looks ugly and isn’t great but who gives a toss, kicking is the last of the proprieties for a ruckman.

Seems like a competitive beast who thrives on contact and intensity.

Plenty of players have become guns based purely on those dominant attributes; he seems to be tracking in that direction - just loves the physicality and the contest.

He's effectively an extra clearance midfielder, massively valuable part of his game
This is what Grundy brings to a team, and why he is regarded so highly. I’m loving what ROB is bringing right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the 6-6-6 rule it's probably not even a big deal his kicking is ugly. Having a ruck who can clear the ball from the middle and get it into the forward line quickly before defenders get a time to flood back is a big deal nowadays. Jacobs might be better at tapping it down, but don't think he ever had that sort of follow up work if our mids don't win it.

I’m not convinced that Sauce is better at tapping it down. Would be interested to see the stats. At least comparing Sauce’s last couple years.

I’m not convinced that Sauce is better at tapping it down. Would be interested to see the stats. At least comparing Sauce’s last couple years.
Well he doesn't jump for starters!

I love that he wins his own clearances

And good luck setting up defensively to intercept them - he doesn't know where hell they're going either
baa ha ha

He also gets back where he's a big competitive unit to have to contend with - has taken some timely marks on the last line late in the game.

We need to make a decision very soon that he’s our main man going forward because he’ll get at least a couple of 1st ruck offers at very good money. If we’re hunting Grundy then we probably can’t afford ROB as a back up. We can’t have both but could end up with neither if we do chase Grundy but he doesn’t come.

ROB is running with a 27.9% hitout to advantage rate. Sauce has averaged between 29%-34% for most of his career. Even last year with a crook back he was at 29.4%. Hitout win % was between 43%-50% (2018 he averaged 47.8%), ROB is currently at 43%.

I love that he wins his own clearances

And good luck setting up defensively to intercept them - he doesn't know where hell they're going either
I remember his first set shot at goal, turning to the bloke sitting next to me and saying "this could go anywhere". Yep, out on the full ..

I remember his first set shot at goal, turning to the bloke sitting next to me and saying "this could go anywhere". Yep, out on the full ..
Yes and it was directly in front pretty much right?

If memory serves me right he did kick one in game number 2 though?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

This is what Grundy brings to a team, and why he is regarded so highly. I’m loving what ROB is bringing right now

Then we get Grundy as a FA to take over the Jenkins role

ROB is running with a 27.9% hitout to advantage rate. Sauce has averaged between 29%-34% for most of his career. Even last year with a crook back he was at 29.4%. Hitout win % was between 43%-50% (2018 he averaged 47.8%), ROB is currently at 43%.

So ROB not far off Sauce lifetime with ROB less than 20 games in. Plus ROB adds the extra clearances. I think where an in form Sauce was significantly better was being a link option when coming out of defence as he’d work to clear and be a safe option. But I’d take ROB for his extra grunt work over Sauce lifetime average right now. But I’d take Sauce at his peak though.

Agree!
Gawns effort after the siren yesterday !

Am stoked for this lad !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back