gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
What a Legend this Windie left arm quick is.All sports need there characters.

Attachments

• COTTRELLSALUTEjpg.jpeg
    COTTRELLSALUTEjpg.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 101

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marlon Samuels saluting Ben Stokes was brilliant but the salute is getting a bit old.

It's Cottrell's "thing" - he's actually a soldier and does it after every wicket in any competition (so no Matt Hayden doing the cross and looking to the heavens in televised test matches only). If it weren't a personal thing for him, I'd tend to agree it's a bit floggish but clearly not given the context.

Shame about the weather.

This is the second match I've been looking forward to all day because I can stay up to watch it to the end. The other one was Pakistan v Sri Lanka .... and that got washed out as well. :(

Don't worry, the next three matches have a decent likelihood of being rain affected too

heypenny

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think you popped this in the wrong thread mate

Haha, thank you - I did indeed!

On the right topic - a no result will completely kill South Africa's chances of making the finals (if not already confirmed). Additionally, you would have to feel sorry for the Windies again after their good start.

Good place for tournament cricket!!

The forecast indicates that the rain this week is moving in a kind of circle, so if there were reserve days there probably wouldn't be a problem. Instead, we stand a good chance at having 6/18 matches rain affected, potentially to the point of wash out (I don't expect that to eventuate, but it's a possibility).

Back