Preview Round 14 - Geelong vs its mental demons (a.k.a. The post-bye) and also Port, Saturday 22 June @ 7:40pm @ AO

Will Geelong win post-bye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The club says SavRat only has hamstring tightness and will be fine to play after the bye, but I guess we will see.

If Sav is right to go the he plays till he next needs a rest..his two weeks since his rest have been enlightening and rewarding. He must be played enough to develop and managed correctly to be at his best come the hot zone of Aug plus..

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
If Sav is right to go the he plays till he next needs a rest..his two weeks since his rest have been enlightening and rewarding. He must be played enough to develop and managed correctly to be at his best come the hot zone of Aug plus..

Absolutely, he has momentum and confidence at the moment and we need to keep it going.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
The club says SavRat only has hamstring tightness and will be fine to play after the bye, but I guess we will see.
He was only moving at half rat pace when he had the problem but the way he grabbed at it straight away wasn't a great sign.
Just on the post bye,I was genuinely surprised to see a thread started on the subject.LOL.

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Who would he come in for anyway? Esava has just played his best ever game and then there’s Hawkins.
It would only be if his Savness needs to manage his hammy. ...It an interesting condrum ... Krock saying Buzza pressing .. and GA telling Krueger is pressing. Two KPF showing enough form to be considered .. and I cant see a spot for either atm. If Krueger comes in...what role does he play.. its a different sort of issue ..that its been a long time since we have had a potential choice like this.. I think no harm being patient , its only his first year on the list but If put another handful game together it may really start ramping up selection pressure..

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...n/news-story/f228de6d57c79445fda116d230bc1d66

Geelong VFL: Nathan Kreuger puts name in front of selectors after three-goal return
Young utility Nathan Kreuger’s name will start coming up in AFL selection committee after the 19-year-old booted three goals in a half of VFL footy on Saturday. ...

YOUNG utility Nathan Kreuger’s name will start coming up in AFL selection committee after the 19-year-old booted three goals in a half of VFL footy on Saturday.
Named the Cats’ best in their 23-point loss to ladder leader Richmond, Kreuger starred at both ends of the ground, playing brilliantly as a key defender in the first half before being swung forward at the main break.

He finished with 10 disposals, seven marks and three goals, which comes just two weeks after slotting six majors against Coburg.

While he hasn’t been named a Cats emergency yet this season, VFL coach Shane O’Bree said his name would have to come into selection discussions.

“He’s an interesting one,” O’Bree said.

“I think he will start coming into the conversations a lot more just with his impact on the game at the moment.

“Not too sure how far away he is from selection at the moment, but he’s coming along nicely.

Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Geelong have won 18 of the last 20 games against the Power dating back to 2005.

I'm confident your boys will go over there and get the job done.

Where is Jed Bews currently at by the way?
Is there a place for him in the back 6 at the moment with Blicavs, Stewart, Kolodjashnij, O'Connor, Henry and Tuohy forming what is currently the best backline in the comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably but that's the way i'd go if he's 100% ready.
Your definition of 100% ready? Surely he needs match time, at VFL for a few weeks. Scooter would have claims ahead of Sam, imho.

Geelong have won 18 of the last 20 games against the Power dating back to 2005.

I'm confident your boys will go over there and get the job done.

Where is Jed Bews currently at by the way?
Is there a place for him in the back 6 at the moment with Blicavs, Stewart, Kolodjashnij, O'Connor, Henry and Tuohy forming what is currently the best backline in the comp?

We hadn't lost to the dogs in longer than that last year.

Your definition of 100% ready? Surely he needs match time, at VFL for a few weeks. Scooter would have claims ahead of Sam, imho.
If he's overcome injury he's a walk up start. He is one of the fittest players on our list and an important part of the team. Neither Clark or Tuohy are playing well enough and Clark isn't a midfielder.

As CS said, Port in Adelaide after a bye will be a huge challenge. He thinks about that minutes after beating Richmond; hardly a moment to savour the win for a coach. Who'd want that job?

Menegola has only just started running. He is zero chance. He would still be 2-3 weeks away.
Well according to Scott he'll be available after the bye which is two weeks away.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Well according to Scott he'll be available after the bye which is two weeks away.
I heard his interview on krock last week, and he said he was going a bit slower than expected and had just started running. Yeah he will play after the bye, but not the first week by the sound of it. No doubt they give him a couple of games in the vfl as well.

So technically scott is right saying after the bye. Could be 5 games after and he would still be correct. No chance he plays port.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
If Sav isn't fit enough, I can't see Freddie been his replacement, as we need the replacement to be a 2nd ruckman... If it is Buzza, it's hard to make your season debut on the road especially when it's Interstate..

Very literal Crockar. After the bye means any week after the bye, not necessarily Port, and in reality, NOT Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back