Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

That incident was irrelevant as to Moore’s position because it was Aish who turned the ball over resulting in the quick re-entry.
Aish simply trying to fix his mistake. He failed.

Well ysterday I can say the same about just every player

If Aish could bust through packs and gut run time and time again like Crisp then I will start to excuse his Butchery.

Well Crisp is lot Faster then Aish and Aish is has not got the Body for Bursting Runs

PieAlways

Draftee
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish has been a very solid/good player at Collingwood. He plays his role very well, negates his opponent and has very clean hands. However, he does not inflate his possessions by running past for the easy handball or seeks the easy 1:2. Is this why he can sometimes be criticised? I hope not...
He is always picked when available - does this tell us something?

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think people expect him to be a star because of where he was picked in the draft. That's not unreasonable.

For me, he's a good footballer without being a stellar athlete. I have a soft spot for guys like that. He's also been cruelled by injuries every time he started to really show us what he can do.

The club is a better place with James Aish in the squad and I'm glad he's a Pie.

Aish has been a very solid/good player at Collingwood. He plays his role very well, negates his opponent and has very clean hands. However, he does not inflate his possessions by running past for the easy handball or seeks the easy 1:2. Is this why he can sometimes be criticised? I hope not...
He is always picked when available - does this tell us something?

Agree him Keeping his Spot is Telling Everything.

IF he was as s**t as some people make him out to be he would not even be on a AFL List

I loved the 'Hollywood' no look hand pass over the shoulder. I don't know if his coach will..Very good today.

Showed he had his Confidence Up.

Hope the Bye does not hurt that

Yes, he's definitely playing with confidence at the moment. I think he'll be okay, it's normally and il timed injury that breaks his run of form. Let's hope he has some luck this time round.

2nd That. Hopefully stays injury free so he can keep Building Confidence and Form.

He was in Great Form last year before his PCL Injury

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The issue with Aish is his disposal decision making.

He has three types of kicks:
- Short, sideways, usually 15-25 m. Non aggressive
- Up the line as far as he can go, rarely to the advantage of our players
- The blind kick where he just throws it on the boot under pressure. More often than not marked by opposition

The first is rarely helpful, and slows our play down. The second two often result in the ball coming straight back.

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish is a skilled brave płayer, stands under sky balls, and even laid some surprisingly good body pressure recently.

For a tiny bloke he puts in, punches above his weight. For some reason he's a whipping boy, but he has won me over.
Agree, he is great in the air for his size.

As above though, it is his effectiveness by foot that hurts us over and over, and the reason I want him out of our 22.

Countrypie

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2012
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. I thought they'd lack pace, but they're not getting shown up for it.
think they both have what Crackers Keenan called hidden pace - in as much as they read the play very well and position themselves accordingly. I've been in Aish's corner since the day against Hawthorn when he got his jaw broken. Getting better every week

Back