Coach James Hird - is it time to give him a second chance at coaching an AFL club? Gil says yes!

Should James Hird be given a second chance at coaching an AFL club?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a ridiculous and quite frankly an offensive statement. I am not sure if you are trying to be funny but if you are you have failed.

Further when Hird was a member of On the Couch his analysis was spot on and, for me at least, OTC was compulsory viewing. Hird does know footy so being asked back is not out of the question. I doubt he will get a head coach role again.

Who was offended by this?

It is almost like asking if giving Hitler a second change of running Germany would be fair thing to do.

Yeah he got a bad wrap, if you take out the concentration camp and trying to create a pure race stuff, he did some good things.

Obviously Hirdy didn’t do the above (yet), but seems to be logic Robbo applies to get Hird back as senior coach. “I mean aside from overseeing a club wide doping program, he was a great player, a dad and tertiary level education!”

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t get another coaching gig and nor should he. Don’t have a problem with him doing a bit of part time work with a club but that’s all

Back