Opinion If we were to make this years Grand Final, who would be the preferred opposition?

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS are kind of the great unknown with grand finals. They have experience in there but only Heath Shaw, Matt De Boer and Shane Mumford have played grand finals K think. Also consider they'll have about 15k fans there if they're absolutely lucky.

Geelong I would not be confident in the slightest. They have our measure.

Collingwood would be intriguing. We have their measure for the time being but they still push us.

Richmond are still unknown for me. Their form is all over the place.

I don't see Brisbane, Adelaide, Port or Freo making a grand final but I think we'd have Brisbane and Freo covered. The two Adelaide teams could jump us though.

GWS, just to kick start the conversation on what is wrong with footy in Victoria.

I’d be quite happy versing any of the current top 5. I think we do play well against the teams around us at the minute.

Even though we got thumped by Geelong this year, I can’t see us turning up against them with that low level of intensity again. We will be a different side if we meet again. Also, given Geelong have a very soft draw home, they might be the kind of team you’d want to come up against- the level of pressure we can apply wouldn’t be something they would be as prepared for.

We seem to have Collingwood's measure. We will do to them what Brisbane did in 2003.
I keep picturing that.

Like smashing them from the first minute and dont look back.

A day where everything clicks.

A LONG LONG LONG way off going by yesterday.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven’t you heard? Their 4-8 makes them new finals favourites apparently
The Swans love always preplexes me. They have a shocking record this year, yet the moment they beat the Reigning Premiers they have suddenly finished the quickest rebuild of all time and are a real chance to make the finals. The reality is that they have been pretty average for the last two years and probably have a few more years of rebuilding while they phase out their veterans and try to build a forward line that doesn't rely on Buddy. I suspect they will be a bit like Hawthorn, hovering around the 8 for a few years but no threat for the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely Geelong... we either go 3-0 up or it’s back to 2-1 overall, but the chance to go 3-0 is too mouthwatering... plus they’ll be getting the staggers by then after cruising in week 1 of finals, coming off a gut busting prelim. Ripe for the picking. This is my prediction, eagles by three jack darling in the goal square goals

This is an interesting article. This is a great indicator from numbers point f view. I am so happy to see us sitting 4th after reading this.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/a58cf8b128b7f164a6c22378ef623fb7

It's a funny business this footy caper. Pundits screeching about how awful our numbers are and we are no show.

I look at it and see a side that has played pretty rubbish footy for half a season yet sitting a game clear in 4th. Geelong are absolutely humming and deserve to be on top of the the ladder. Collingwood and GWS up at the top of the numbers too. Can they play much better?

We knocked 2 of these sides off already and clearly have several gears left to find. Our rubbish footy is good enough for 4th. Heaven help the rest of them if we find our mojo.

It's a funny business this footy caper. Pundits screeching about how awful our numbers are and we are no show.

I look at it and see a side that has played pretty rubbish footy for half a season yet sitting a game clear in 4th. Geelong are absolutely humming and deserve to be on top of the the ladder. Collingwood and GWS up at the top of the numbers too. Can they play much better?

We knocked 2 of these sides off already and clearly have several gears left to find. Our rubbish footy is good enough for 4th. Heaven help the rest of them if we find our mojo.
I just figure they're using incomplete data. Those stats obviously don't fully analyse our style of play as they can't explain why we're fourth when they indicate we should be bottom 4.

I want variety in our victims, so definitely not Geelong or Sydney. Would be happy to beat GWS out of the current contenders, or Richmond, if they get their **** together.
2 teams Id LOVE to beat in a GF.

Essendon or Hawthorn.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd love to knock off Collongwood again, last year was far too sweet to only taste once. But if not them, then any other non-Vic team to neutralize that MCG advantage.

GWS are kind of the great unknown with grand finals. They have experience in there but only Heath Shaw, Matt De Boer and Shane Mumford have played grand finals K think. Also consider they'll have about 15k fans there if they're absolutely lucky.

Geelong I would not be confident in the slightest. They have our measure.

Collingwood would be intriguing. We have their measure for the time being but they still push us.

Richmond are still unknown for me. Their form is all over the place.

I don't see Brisbane, Adelaide, Port or Freo making a grand final but I think we'd have Brisbane and Freo covered. The two Adelaide teams could jump us though.
Wouldn't worry too much about Geelong, as in GF's we have their measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back