FTA-TV Chernobyl

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I didn't quite get this as a criticism - do people feel it would have been improved with everyone trying to do ropey Russian accents?

I got over it quickly. Would prefer over dodgey Russian accented English. Makes sense they did it to make the acting and story etc. better. I'm in the minority that doesn't mind subtitles but obviously not going to get anything HBO budget wise not in English. Plus at the end of the day it also gets better actors.

Pretty outstanding piece of television.

Haven't loathed a character (person) like Dyatlov in some while. Was at awe with the amount of tension they were able to extract from that rooftop scene.

Breaking down the science into understandable language, might actually be the series' greatest achievement.

The end card saying Khomyuk was a composite character of all the brilliant scientists, really got to me. Between this and the Terror, Jared Harris is having one hell of a post Mad Men run.

It took me all of 10 minutes to get over the English/British accents.

It's haunting and stays with you well after the credits roll. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I watched the 1st 3 episodes backwards, yet it still worked.

Thanks Billy Ray for putting me onto the podcast... It's great.

It's a truly brilliant piece of work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3a0ae2c0-0f8c-43c2-a6a9-5f15b2d90102-a6e2f8daf120b54f869c6314d5d8bb449217064adf782530c4f74fef995035b6005e1fdc8e1faee847f46b863c02926a.jpg

Saw a discovery channel doco on youtube. Dytalov has been in a incident before when fitting nuclear devices to submarines in Siberia. Was exposed to radiation then also. Not long after his son died of Leukemia.

He was a bit too black n white villian in the show i thought. But doesnt seem that far off the mark based on the doco as well.

Saw a discovery channel doco on youtube. Dytalov has been in a incident before when fitting nuclear devices to submarines in Siberia. Was exposed to radiation then also. Not long after his son died of Leukemia.

He was a bit too black n white villian in the show i thought. But doesnt seem that far off the mark based on the doco as well.

Wonder whether these stories on Dytalov are Russian job to discredit him and blame US (from CIA story)?

Of course it being in English detracts from the series.

It happened in Chernobyl not Newcastle in England.

English are better actors? How naive are you people. With the population Russia has, they couldn’t find quality actors for this? Give me a spell.

English are better actors? How naive are you people. With the population Russia has, they couldn’t find quality actors for this? Give me a spell.
Shhhh

Needed more Russian actors speaking broken English for realism

I agree with this guy.

Russian actors with subtitles would have been perfect. And surely HBO could have found elite Russian actors with ease.

I loved it anyway but it didn’t feel as realistic as something like Der Untergang for this reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back