The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like fifa 20 will have a fifa street style mode in it. yes pls. absolutely adored the first fifa street when it came out.
There was a bit of that in the journey last game at some point I think. When Hunter was in Brazil playing in the streets with some kid?

looks like fifa 20 will have a fifa street style mode in it. yes pls. absolutely adored the first fifa street when it came out.
Here is the trailer.

Career mode will still be junk most likely.

I was playing PES again yesterday, and my word it plays beautifully.

Faded away in the 2nd half of the season with PNE and missed the playoffs. Got new owners at the back end of the season will see what funds they give me for season 3 before deciding if I stay or take a new job in the summer

PES is ridiculous on top level though
I played it yesterday for the first time in about 6 weeks on the highest difficulty.

I didn't do too bad but I lost both games.

I want to start a new career but I need to download the English kits, and that takes a lot of effort.

I played it yesterday for the first time in about 6 weeks on the highest difficulty.

I didn't do too bad but I lost both games.

I want to start a new career but I need to download the English kits, and that takes a lot of effort.
I’m all for a tough game but teams like
Huddersfield shouldn’t be controlling the game when you have Barcelona for example. You can feel when the ball will never bounce the right way for you or it purposely missies a pass. It’s a fantastic game otherwise though.

I agree, but it seems to be nothing that no football game can master.
Yeah it's a massive flaw in not just this but FIFA and NBA etc. I haven't tried using manual passing however. Wonder how much of a difference that would make.

Hopefully FIFA have improved their career mode otherwise I won't be buying it again.

Yeah it's a massive flaw in not just this but FIFA and NBA etc. I haven't tried using manual passing however. Wonder how much of a difference that would make.

Hopefully FIFA have improved their career mode otherwise I won't be buying it again.
I think it's impossible to actually fix.

If you want it to be hard, it's unrealistic for Huddersfield to keep up with Barcelona, yet if they did, it would be almost paradoxical.

I don't envisage them putting the effort it deserves into it, but I just take FIFA for what it is - sign pretty much who I want and forget realism. It's beautiful to look at.

PES has the realism side down pat, but again, it's pretty much sign who you want.

I'm back on FM and it's obviously the most realistic of the bunch, but even then it has its flaws.

I think it's impossible to actually fix.

If you want it to be hard, it's unrealistic for Huddersfield to keep up with Barcelona, yet if they did, it would be almost paradoxical.

I don't envisage them putting the effort it deserves into it, but I just take FIFA for what it is - sign pretty much who I want and forget realism. It's beautiful to look at.

PES has the realism side down pat, but again, it's pretty much sign who you want.

I'm back on FM and it's obviously the most realistic of the bunch, but even then it has its flaws.
That’s a good point about it being a bit paradoxical.

It’s not like I’m a numpty when it comes to playing either. I know how to keep the ball and create opportunities. I also don’t expect it to always be easy against a low ranked team in certain conditions but there just needs to be a bit more of a balance is all and somehow remove the scripting bs that seems to favour the AI. Then it would be incredible.

The new PNE board sat me down end of season (took 3 points from my final 7 games with no wins) and said my job was on the line and I needed to take 11 points from the next 5 games. With a transfer budget of just 2.3m I did agree to it but started looking for my next role and got offered the Sunderland role who are still in League One with a transfer budget of 7.6m. Too good of an opportunity to pass up, it's a step down a division but a bigger club.

A massive step down on some of the roles mid season I was offered lol; Sevilla, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich (applied but didnt get it), Wolfsburg, Genoa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They almost need unwritten difficulty settings. Top clubs automatically play at the level you set it to **** clubs play down a level easier
Yeah, not a bad idea that. Who knows how hard it is to implement though.
That’s a good point about it being a bit paradoxical.

It’s not like I’m a numpty when it comes to playing either. I know how to keep the ball and create opportunities. I also don’t expect it to always be easy against a low ranked team in certain conditions but there just needs to be a bit more of a balance is all and somehow remove the scripting bs that seems to favour the AI. Then it would be incredible.
Yeah I am pretty decent too. The thing that annoys me the most is how clinical the computer is. They will often have one or two shots and score both.

I really wanna get back into ML again. Had a pretty good squad last time, but might sign some different players this time around.

But those damn kits are gonna drain my life.

The new PNE board sat me down end of season (took 3 points from my final 7 games with no wins) and said my job was on the line and I needed to take 11 points from the next 5 games. With a transfer budget of just 2.3m I did agree to it but started looking for my next role and got offered the Sunderland role who are still in League One with a transfer budget of 7.6m. Too good of an opportunity to pass up, it's a step down a division but a bigger club.

A massive step down on some of the roles mid season I was offered lol; Sevilla, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich (applied but didnt get it), Wolfsburg, Genoa
Hahaha wow spewing.

I had a disappointing third season.

I finished second in the league on 98 points(!). Liverpool finished top with 100. They lost two games all season (one to me, another to West Ham), and drew only four. At one point they had won 22 games in a row in the league.

I also lost the FA Cup Final to them after dominating. 15/9 - 10/7 or something.

Bundled out in the CL in the last 16 on penalties. Beat Juve 2-0 at home, then they beat me 2-0 in Italy, another game I dominated, and I lost on penalties.

Really rough.

I've signed a regen from Atletico for 8m, got another from Getafe and Flamengo joining in Jan for 9m and 15m.

Sold Grealish for 35m as he wasn't really doing much. Nketiah, Mavropanos also have departed. ESR & Willock are back in the squad. Still got circa 100m to spend. Not sure really what to do.

Yeah, not a bad idea that. Who knows how hard it is to implement though.

Yeah I am pretty decent too. The thing that annoys me the most is how clinical the computer is. They will often have one or two shots and score both.

I really wanna get back into ML again. Had a pretty good squad last time, but might sign some different players this time around.

But those damn kits are gonna drain my life.

Hahaha wow spewing.
It’s not that hard to do but you can download option files and then transfer them across to PS4. I think only thing you need is to have a PS plus account for it to work too. So I have all official
Kits and names done for me.

It’s not that hard to do but you can download option files and then transfer them across to PS4. I think only thing you need is to have a PS plus account for it to work too. So I have all official
Kits and names done for me.
No PS Plus for me.

Before I changed HDs I did it all manually, took me a while. Only did it for English clubs, that's all I really wanted anyway.

In most FMs I usually have a save where I choose a National League North/South team and take them as far as I can. Started it over the weekend with York City this time. Chose them because York is a pretty big and obviously historical city whose premier football team is playing in the National League North. THey also suffered back to back relegations from the football league a few years ago, which means they have professional status and a few other perks that some of the 'smaller' clubs don't. Just finished the first season and went up as Champions. Hopefully a season of consolidation next before trying to get promoted again.

The other reason I'm posting this is because in that season Spurs did a domestic double, winning the PL and the League Cup, and they also made it to the final of the FA Cup, but lost. Incidentally, both cup finals were against Liverpool! It seems FM can't split them ahead of the weekend.
Sorry for the length and self-indulgence of this in advance!

So, after winning the National North with York, I expected a season of consolidation in the National League. Media predictions said that I'd fill the final relegation spot, while the expectation from the board was to avoid relegation. Players were happy with a target of a mid-table finish though, and I was pretty confident I could finish mid-table.

Well, with 10 games to go, my expectations were wrong. York City are currently sitting 5 points clear on top! That also includes a heavy 4-0 loss to Hartlepool, who are 2nd, at home about 5 games ago. I have a reasonable run home too, so hopefully I can see it through and not have to go through the play offs.

I'm getting excellent performances from players who are reported as being decent to good players for the National League, or even Leading player in League North by assistants who have a decent rating in judging players too.

For example, my CB pairing is the same as I had the season before: a 34 year old captain Daniel Parslow who is supposed to only be a leading player for North and Tom Allan who is rated as a good player for the National League, yet they've got average ratings of 7.2 and 7.3 respectively across 30-odd games each.

My RB is the same as last year, Josh Law, and to follow on from his 23 assists and 7.52 rating last season, he's got 3 goals, 16 assists, and 7.48 in the National League this season from 32 games. He does take my corners though, and I've got a lot of goals from there.

I did bring in supposedly 'better defenders' but they performed significantly worse than those guys, so I just kept them in. Hurts a bit given the new guys' squad statuses, but it's working for the team.

I have got a couple of guys in that have been really valuable further forward though. Particularly Luke Charman on loan from Newcastle. He's got a lazy 27 goals and 10 assists in 33 games. He's out of contract at the end of the season, so hopefully I can sign him permanently. He makes up a lethal front 2 with Corie Andrews who's got 18 goals and 5 assists himself, although only 3 goals in his last 14 games. He also got 30 in 36 for me last season.

I was able to bring in Anthony Grant on a free too which was a coup, given he was rated as a decent player for League One. Got him over the line by offering lots of money (which I was able to do because I got 1 million pounds in as a result of a pre-existing sell-on clause) and the Under-18 managers role as well as player.

I usually play a very high pressing game with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but it's a classic extremely wide 4-4-2 with overlapping wingbacks that's really working well for me at York.

Never played much FM19 but picked it up for the off season playing as Arsenal to get my head around it.

Out:
Mustafi > Utd 18m
Lichsteiner > Watford 5m
Jenkinson > Aston Villa 2m

In:
Tierny < Celtic 25m
Mancini < Atalanta 12m
Janjicic < Hamburg 7m
Clarke < Leeds 5m
Meunier < PSG Loan

Some for the future, some to play now and some for desperation RB cover.

3 Games in

2-0 over Palace
3-0 over Fulham
1-1 with Man City

Decent start to the season.

Mhki, Lacazette and Iwobi are the early stand outs so far.

Never played much FM19 but picked it up for the off season playing as Arsenal to get my head around it.

Out:
Mustafi > Utd 18m
Lichsteiner > Watford 5m
Jenkinson > Aston Villa 2m

In:
Tierny < Celtic 25m
Mancini < Atalanta 12m
Janjicic < Hamburg 7m
Clarke < Leeds 5m
Meunier < PSG Loan

Some for the future, some to play now and some for desperation RB cover.

3 Games in

2-0 over Palace
3-0 over Fulham
1-1 with Man City

Decent start to the season.

Mhki, Lacazette and Iwobi are the early stand outs so far.
Agree a fee for Sandro Tonali to come in Jan. TRUST me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back