List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
stacky is about 3y behind tim Kelly, right now he needs to play across HB not ready for midfield, spent an unobtrusive half their on Friday night , that's right most of you didn't even know, that's how unobtrusive it was
When I mentioned Kelly it was to do with how Kelly played 1 season with Geelong then requested a trade back home. Nothing to do with Stack going into the middle, which BTW I thought he showed a couple of glimpses of what he could become in there.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Will Brodie 29(disposals) 9(marks) 9(tack.s) 1(goal) decent game
said at the end of his first yr when the exodus was in full swing that we should go after him.Said the same thing last yr as well.
The trouble we now have is he has not had just one good game he has strung a fair few good ones together and we will have to give up a fair bit to get him imo.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
When I mentioned Kelly it was to do with how Kelly played 1 season with Geelong then requested a trade back home. Nothing to do with Stack going into the middle, which BTW I thought he showed a couple of glimpses of what he could become in there.
If Stack has the motor there is no reason what so ever he cannot play some time thru the middle.Bolton is another one we should be putting some sort of time into.Finally it has been a firm opinion all yr that we should be playing Collier-Dawkins mainly as a fwd but with some midfield time.
On Kelly he is another i did suggest we take with a late nd pick not that it would have mattered as Geelong used a first rounder on him in a similar way to how they got Harry Taylor.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
stacky is about 3y behind tim Kelly, right now he needs to play across HB not ready for midfield, spent an unobtrusive half their on Friday night , that's right most of you didn't even know, that's how unobtrusive it was
He was moved there during the third quarter after coming off the bench. It was funny because I suggested we move him into the middle just before he was sent there. It was quite amusing seeing the 3 quarter time huddle. Stack didn't know which group to go to - the backs or the mids. Eventually he was directed to the mids.

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Can people stop mentioning Sier and Cunnington, as a club are we that desperate to fill the roster with plodders?

The club already has to offload Markov, Moore, Menadue, Weller, Aarts and Chol and not even St Kilda would take any of them.
Not sure about sier, haven't seen enough of him to comment but I did watch Cunnington closely yesterday and I just don't see us going for him, he
How I see our trade/delisting period playing out.

Delist:

Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

Trade Table:

Bolton
Broad
Butler
Menadue

Free Agency:

Astbury - should re-sign for another 2 years.

Edwards - expect him to go onto the rolling 1 year deals that Houli/Grigg have been on in recent time. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get 2 years either

Ellis - let him walk for anything that nets us a pick between our first and second round pick, especially if the piss up in Mildura stories are true.

Houli - 1 year deal with a 1 year option based on games played in 2020

The Rest:

Aarts - expect he remains on the rookie as I believe they rate him highly

Baker - should be elevated to the senior list at seasons end as his performances are becoming quite consistent.

Egg-Smith - is starting to show real talent at VFL level and could be a longer term option to replace Houli, could be a fascinating pairing with Stack on the other HBF.

McIntosh - 2-3 years would be a well earned reward

Naish - 2 years at minimum

Pickett - if he shows the same commitment that Stack showed when he arrived then keep him around.

Soldo - could be our version of Nank at the Swans, young ruck who gets a crack due to injury but forced out when the number 1 returns. May gain interest from opposition clubs if he holds his own the next 6-8 weeks. With CCJ in the wings we may look to cash in if the deal is right. I expect that he gets re-signed for 2 years.

Stack - a no brainer to be retained, question is whether it's as a rookie or we put him on the main list. Odds would suggest main list with a 2 year deal. Fingers crossed we don't get a Tim Kelly situation unfold as both WA clubs could look to lure him home with a bigger payday than what we can. At the moment everything he says indicates he wants to stay and repay the faith the club showed in him.
pretty good assessment here for the uncontracted players, Probably going against popular opinion here but I would throw Jack Graham on the trade table if it were to net us anything decent, I really like the kid but just not sure their is much upside with him.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
people keep saying we are okay for mids but are we really.We certainly lack for bigger mids in fact we lack a whole pile of medium sized players.
I count 12 genuine mediums on the list.
Townsend, Grigg, Markov, Menadue. Grigg has already retired and i personally have a line though the other three.
That leaves just 8 medium sized players
Defenders - Pickett, Vlastuin Turner.
Mids- Martin, Cotchin, RCD,Ross.
Fwd - Caddy some will say hes a mid either way it neither here nor there because there are so few mediums on the list.Three are 18/19y0 and one is a 27yo rookie who hasnt played a game.
Contrast that with the number of smalls a whopping 19 getting close to half the list and the list is so out of balance it aint funny.

Personally id be looking to cut/trade say half a dozen smalls and target more medium and tall players.

Not sure about sier, haven't seen enough of him to comment but I did watch Cunnington closely yesterday and I just don't see us going for him, he

pretty good assessment here for the uncontracted players, Probably going against popular opinion here but I would throw Jack Graham on the trade table if it were to net us anything decent, I really like the kid but just not sure their is much upside with him.
Mentioned elsewhere that if we wanted Brad Crouch that I'd dangle Graham and our first on the table and see if they bite. Crouch would be a perfect addition to our midfield moving forward.

Really don’t get the love for crouch. No way we give up a first rounder for him.
See below
Hes a 186/86 25yo inside mid whos average numbers for the role are
26.1 disposals, 5.7 tackles,10.8 contested possesions, and 5.0 clearances his numbers are as good as anyones going around.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
don't know if we need to trade much at all, have plenty of development to come from our youngsters. have inside mids with ross and Pickett, but both are injured, also collier-dawkins who still needs time to mature. just see if we can offload and trade some of our 20-26th listed players and keep on bringing youth in. if we didn't have the injury list, our 2's would be stacked full of talent.

I’d say we will” likely invest in draft , focus will be on intercept kings that roam defence. A med goal kicking machine and two inside bulls > 181 cm that rackem up all day

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Can people stop mentioning Sier and Cunnington, as a club are we that desperate to fill the roster with plodders?

The club already has to offload Markov, Moore, Menadue, Weller, Aarts and Chol and not even St Kilda would take any of them.
I don't know Sier at all. First time I've noticed him was y'day. Is that his normal game? If that is plodder. You have high standards. I don't want Cunnington, too old, too expensive. But Sier looked good.

Brad Crouch would cost us an arm and a leg given he is contracted until 2020.
He’s a good player, but I’d be waiting until next year ( getting in his ear now) where our bargaining power will be stronger
Unrestricted free agent next year means Crows would only get a single compo pick, more chance for them to cash in this year

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree with others we need more bigger bodies but I wouldnt trade or pay a high price for an established one at present, Use our first this year for another bigger bodied pure mid, then we have 3 there ready to come on in RCD, Ross and this years first. Someone like Brodie for Bolton via a 3 way or Sier is a better option.

What we deparately need is KPD, no guarantee Rance will be back with no issues and Astubury could fall off a cliff he isnt the most agile bloke and sometimes players like him can age in one off season. I would go all out for Keith from Adelaide, spend whatever Money we have on him, he's out of contract end of this year and a Vic boy. Be prepared to be aggressive with our trading. We really shouldnt be playing any more than 3 of Higgins, Bolton, Baker, Castagna, Rioli, Butler, and with Rioli jnr coming next year aswell we may as well trade 2 of those and Ellis also, lets get some good picks in this year and try upgrade our first to a top 8 pick.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We need to be creative. Because we aren’t a Premiership threat anymore but have significant pieces to get back to this.

Too many passengers now, time to build a new list. Hawthorn never stood still, we need to adjust to launch again.
LOL. 2 weeks ago the media were saying we had the most promising kids in the league now all of a sudden we have too many passengers. Were missing half a dozen of our absolute best or most important players.

Lets wait and see how we go when we have one of the greatest defenders of all time, a 3 time coleman medalist, our starting ruckman plus a few other key players back.

Last edited:

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Unrestricted free agent next year means Crows would only get a single compo pick, more chance for them to cash in this year
That’d be a win for them but we’d have to trade pick/s and or players.

Wait 12 months and get him for zilch.

I’m really keen to go to the draft again this year and continue to build that inside midfield similar to last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back