Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeless Joe

Team Captain
May 22, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone interested in Callum Ah Chee ? Id be open to it, could be a good Ballas replacement in time as he is only 21.
Dont know much about Ah Chee..
What we all know is that we are desperate for a quick goalkicking small with X Factor

I thought Bolton may have been the answer but he needs to become more consistent

Bloody annoying that the flogs up the road have Rioli, Ryan,Pettrachelli and Cameron (showing good signs)

I think we need to trade for someone established whilst our window with Fyfie and Sonny is open

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Dont know much about Ah Chee..
What we all know is that we are desperate for a quick goalkicking small with X Factor

I thought Bolton may have been the answer but he needs to become more consistent

Bloody annoying that the flogs up the road have Rioli, Ryan,Pettrachelli and Cameron (showing good signs)

I think we need to trade for someone established whilst our window with Fyfie and Sonny is open

We have to be a little careful about this - for all the flogs they have in terms of small forwards for 2019, Matera (18 goals) and Walters(19 goals) are well ahead of Cripps (14 goals) and Petrucelle (13 goals).

The reality is that Liam Henry is probably a small forward at AFL level to add to Switkowski as players not mentioned, and the year after that Joel Western is probably also a goal kicking small forward.

Having said that, I agree there is probably room for one more in the mix.

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
Bit of talk that Freo will make a play for Tim English at the end of the year.
Really, really like this if true.
Not sure how we get him, but a mobile (average) ruck that is a great mark, great kick and excellent below his knees shapes as a real plus if we could get him.
Essentially another mid - not a lumbering one.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Bit of talk that Freo will make a play for Tim English at the end of the year.
Really, really like this if true.
Not sure how we get him, but a mobile (average) ruck that is a great mark, great kick and excellent below his knees shapes as a real plus if we could get him.
Essentially another mid - not a lumbering one.
Assuming it's true of course if I was the dogs list manager I wouldn't even contemplate a deal this year unless we were offering ludicrous overs. E.g. Darcy and this and next year's first as a minimum.

They gain nothing from letting him go now.
Just as a thought, if we made a play for Tim Kelly that meant we gave our first and our second this year, how would we go about getting Henry in the door?

Assuming we were into Kelly and English, I'd get Kelly through the door this year, then use Darcy/our first next year for English

Just as a thought, if we made a play for Tim Kelly that meant we gave our first and our second this year, how would we go about getting Henry in the door?
It will depend on when he is bid on.
If it's a first round bid then our first next season is reduced in value by the matching points.
If it's after the first round then our second next year will get incur the debt instead.

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Alternatively, trade next year's first round for an extra one this year and draft Jackson.

Perhaps Darcy in a deal for Kelly.
This makes more sense, why would Dogs swap English who is leading their ruck for a ruck who hasn't
proved his reliability, unless both are homesick?
I also have no doubt that Darcy will be as good as Sandi long term, a decade long player.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We’ll have to give up way too much for both. Unless say Darcy and Langdon are involved in some way with the Kelly and English trades - will require draft picks as well.

In reality we’re prob just keeping in contact with English and monitoring his situation. From what I’ve seen of both English and Darcy - English would have the higher value. Watching him in the WCE game he was awesome. Dean Cox came immediately to my mind. That’s not to say Darcy won’t be a good player he is more Mumford like.

I say offer our first round pick for Tim Kelly. Prob will be pretty close to pick 9/10 - ask for something back for the 3rd or 4th round. If that doesn’t work go to the draft and pick up a midfielder with our top pick and Henry with points accumulation. Effectively two first round picks.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
Trading Cox or Dixon is on the cards to get midfield depth or points or LH. I’ve not seen anything of Dixon but Duffield gave him a massive rap last year. Cox has shown enough to get a SA team to depart with a 2nd rounder I recon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you say they're worth? My guess is pick 30-odd for Cox and pick 50+ for Dixon.

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do we even have a second round pick this year? It feels like we have traded out (and sometimes back in) for the last 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back