Unofficial Preview Changes/pre-match discussion vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree w some of your comments.

I booed many annoying players.
I'm extremely happy Brad pissed off.
I don't wanna see Gibson and Petrie any more. But I wanna see Harvey and Harper again.
I still can't believe we picked Durdin, Nelson, Makenzie.
I would keep all of Wood, Dumont, Goldstein. No one wants Macmillan and Turner, so no chance to trade them.
I realise sometimes North supporters don't care about North neither, are you suggesting I'm not watching footy at all?
As much as I seriously loved the bloke, and as much as his best mate, who I work with tells me im a *head for my opinion, Brent played 1 year too long! Yes, he would have kicked 49 goals if he played another year, yes, he was a gun and yes he epitomised our club! However, from what I saw the game was passing him by and became a two way game where by our champion was caught out too many times! #sorrynotsorry

Sometimes i like to check the opposition opinions in their pregame thread.

GWS has one comment, and it is from a lions supporter.

I"ll try to put one more comment on there. I could be banned. See you next season. Go ROOS

I agree w some of your comments.

I booed many annoying players.
I'm extremely happy Brad pissed off.
I don't wanna see Gibson and Petrie any more. But I wanna see Harvey and Harper again.
I still can't believe we picked Durdin, Nelson, Makenzie.
I would keep all of Wood, Dumont, Goldstein. No one wants Macmillan and Turner, so no chance to trade them.
I realise sometimes North supporters don't care about North neither, are you suggesting I'm not watching footy at all?
I want him, he’s going nowhere.

Given the chance, Im sure the BLWS, Gold Coast and the Aints would grab him with two hands and run..

B: Taylor Davis Reid
F: Larkey Brown Thomas

HB: Williams Haynes Shaw
HF: Turner Wood Zurhaar

C: Kelly Taranto Hopper
C: Polec Ziebell Dumont

HF: Lloyd Finlayson Perryman
HB: Williams Durdin Pittard

F: Himmelberg Cameron Greene
B: Thompson Tarrant McDonald

R: Simpson De Boer Coniglio
R: Goldstein Cunnington Anderson

Int: Tomlinson Kennedy Daniels Cumming Hately Buntine Deledio
Int: Atley Simpkin Davies-Uniake Ahern

Forward

- Davis is a quality FB, but I reckon we can expose Taylor & Reid with Larkey & TT. Brown to play a high hit up role.
- Zurhaar to be given a defensive mission to harass & shut down Shaw.

Defence

- L-Mac has been in great shutdown form. If Greene plays, he gets him.

Midfield

- This is where the game will be won and lost and Higgo is a huge loss.
- Mumford was moving like an elephant vs Adelaide. I expect he will make way for Simpson.
- De Boer will go to Cunners, so I expect to see Cunners go forward for stages of the match.
- The efforts of Dumont, Simpkin, Davies-Uniake & Ahern will ultimately decide the outcome.

If we can break even in the middle, then I reckon we have it over them at each end of the ground, however, Higgins missing, De Boer's ability to negate Cunners, and the current better depth & consistency of the Giants midfield suggests a Giants win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Taylor Davis Reid
F: Larkey Brown Thomas

HB: Williams Haynes Shaw
HF: Turner Wood Zurhaar

C: Kelly Taranto Hopper
C: Polec Ziebell Dumont

HF: Lloyd Finlayson Perryman
HB: Williams Durdin Pittard

F: Himmelberg Cameron Greene
B: Thompson Tarrant McDonald

R: Simpson De Boer Coniglio
R: Goldstein Cunnington Anderson

Int: Tomlinson Kennedy Daniels Cumming Hately Buntine Deledio
Int: Atley Simpkin Davies-Uniake Ahern

Forward

- Davis is a quality FB, but I reckon we can expose Taylor & Reid with Larkey & TT. Brown to play a high hit up role.
- Zurhaar to be given a defensive mission to harass & shut down Shaw.

Defence

- L-Mac has been in great shutdown form. If Greene plays, he gets him.

Midfield

- This is where the game will be won and lost and Higgo is a huge loss.
- Mumford was moving like an elephant vs Adelaide. I expect he will make way for Simpson.
- De Boer will go to Cunners, so I expect to see Cunners go forward for stages of the match.
- The efforts of Dumont, Simpkin, Davies-Uniake & Ahern will ultimately decide the outcome.

If we can break even in the middle, then I reckon we have it over them at each end of the ground, however, Higgins missing, De Boer's ability to negate Cunners, and the current better depth & consistency of the Giants midfield suggests a Giants win.

Good summary. You would also think that at some point the momentum from our younger guys may start to slow. Byes coming at a good time

It won't be easy mate.

On paper, they're better than us.
On paper, they are better than most teams, as they should be, they have certainly been given enough of a leg up, but they are not unbeatable. Higgins will be a loss, but an opening for someone else. Ahern springs to mind.

This is an absolutely huge game for us. If we win this, we are right back in the season, regardless of the Collingwood game after the bye. But if we lose both this, and Collingwood - our revival would end right there. This is basically a final for us.

This is an absolutely huge game for us. If we win this, we are right back in the season, regardless of the Collingwood game after the bye. But if we lose both this, and Collingwood - our revival would end right there. This is basically a final for us.
I tip we’ll win against GWS and if we go in hard against Collingwood, they are certainly gettable. Beams is a huge loss.
I don’t think you could take the smile off Rhyces face if he beats bucks.

I’d like to see Ahern in for Higgins - we need his capability and skills. I like JMac but that swap would leave us short on some important attributes. On paper Durdin’s height will be needed, so selection will be interesting if Macmillan is right to play.

NMFC-header.png

Get them in: Midfielder Paul Ahern wasn't quite as prolific in the VFL at the weekend but is the obvious candidate to be Shaun Higgins' injury replacement. Taylor Garner is too good to be at state league level for long and was prominent again, while Bailey Scott is also pushing for selection.

Under the pump: Sam Durdin probably didn't do enough, with fellow backman Jamie Macmillan due back from his calf complaint.

Medical room: Dual Syd Barker medallist Higgins(AC joint) will be a significant out for the Roos, who also lost depth when Aaron Hall (knee) went down in the VFL. Hall would have been a contender to replace Higgins. Macmillan (calf) should return after missing last week, while Sam Wright (ankle) and Dom Tyson (calf) are likely to be back after next week's bye.

Verdict: Ahern and Macmillan for Higgins and Durdin. - Marc McGowan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back