List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember Port fans being filthy about giving away Ah Chee for a token pick swap. He wasn't getting a game for them, he isn't getting a game for us, he wouldn't get a game for them now.

I would have liked us to give him a block of games at least but it’s pretty clear he doesn’t endear himself to match committees

Surely we'd look at Luke Jackson if he's available. We need a genuine ruck to develop.

Bailey Williams says hello.... and he is tracking nicely in the WAFL.
So no need to use an early first or second rounder on a ruck man.

Our early draft capital is needed to trade for, or to draft, some quality midfield depth.

I am not against taking another developing ruck man but with a late or rookie pick.

So with Liam Henry is doing the right thing and pushing up his trade valuation. He slotted in 3 goals against Vic Metro and this will all go towards increasing his draft range. He missed a few games earlier this year with a hip injury but has some back looking the goods. He has some very special skills and more of that in the carnival means he will go up the boards in draft range, even approaching the first round prospect.

As it stands, Freo are looking at holding picks 10, 28, 82 and some late picks. They would probably want to have something else meaning they could well be in the market for selling pick 10 and we could offer them picks 22 and 33 (as they stand) which si about the same in points with a side agreement not to bid on Henry.

That would leave us with 10, 15, 61 and some late picks. Could we get Kelly with picks 10 alone? If not, we could sweeten it with a future second or a player like Nelson or Venables.

Freo have two academy kids who could be 1st rounders. Thats not good for us as Freo will be willing to trade both for Kelly and get the Cats 2nd back.

Trade two firsts for Kelly, get two first round rated kids using later picks. Smart list management if Freo can pull it off.

Still think Kelly's manager has changed his tune re Freo just to gain leverage negotiating $$ with us. Stupid move ruling Freo out last year.

Delistings/retirements?- smith,ah chee,mutimer,mcinnes,schofield,possibly masten
Should be enough

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Delistings/retirements?- smith,ah chee,mutimer,mcinnes,schofield,possibly masten
Should be enough

Schoey is a fairly useful back up but with him on the list brander rotham and edwards would struggle to get a game .
It would be nice for schoey to get to 200 games ( 183 atm ) great loyal servant of the club

You wouldn't delist Schofield unless we added another developing KPD or some more depth to our list to support Barrass.

For me it's

Mutimer :padlock:
Mcinnes :padlock:
Smith :question:Would be surprised if we turfed him after one season
Ah Chee :question:Probably deserves it but we're not exactly giving him a chance
Bines :question:Might cut our losses
Marsden :question:Got a feeling he gets another season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have two academy kids who could be 1st rounders. Thats not good for us as Freo will be willing to trade both for Kelly and get the Cats 2nd back.

Trade two firsts for Kelly, get two first round rated kids using later picks. Smart list management if Freo can pull it off.

Still think Kelly's manager has changed his tune re Freo just to gain leverage negotiating $$ with us. Stupid move ruling Freo out last year.

It only seems stupid because Geelong chose to be difficult to deal with ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't mistake Geelong FC for their fans. Geelong are usually reasonable to deal with, their fans are nuffies who don't get how trading works.

Not trading Kelly for a year has worked out well for them so far but if he wants out this year and doesn't want Freo their fans won't get their two top 10 picks nonsense.

It only seems stupid because Geelong chose to be difficult to deal with ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was a Cats fan I would be very happy they didn't cave and trade him. His value has gone up and it seems that Freo are an option.

If Kelly leaves IMO the Cats are about to fall off a cliff. Ablett 36/37, Selwood banged up and will be a year by year prospect, Hawkins over 30, Hary Taylor close to the end.

Over 2020 - 2021 the Cast could lose Kelly, Ablett, Taylor and J Selwood to retirement / trade with Hawkins not far behind. They need to win a flag this season or it will be a while before they come into it again.

You wouldn't delist Schofield unless we added another developing KPD or some more depth to our list to support Barrass.

For me it's

Mutimer :padlock:
Mcinnes :padlock:
Smith :question:Would be surprised if we turfed him after one season
Ah Chee :question:Probably deserves it but we're not exactly giving him a chance
Bines :question:Might cut our losses
Marsden :question:Got a feeling he gets another season

Schofield i think will go to the rookie list for another season possibly. I think by next season the game will have well and truly gone past him
Mutimer and mcinnes are no brainers altho mutimer has lifted his output lately
I cant see ah chee ever really contributing.was excited to get him but his work rate lets him down
Smith..gone
Bines no idea
Masten - if we get kelly masten should go but im not against him getting another year.maybe a year on the rookie list?

Yeah Geelong, Like Sydney and Adelaide never really truly drop off.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong were in decline before they got Dangerfield, 2015 they finished 10th.

Since then they've got a lot of top ups (Stanley, Smith, Rohan, Touhy, Dalhaus etc) but with the core of their list still old they are in for a fall soon IMO

Since then they've got a lot of top ups (Stanley, Smith, Rohan, Touhy, Dalhaus etc) but with the core of their list still old they are in for a fall soon IMO

It's been said for almost 10 years that Geelong were going to fall off a cliff, they just don't. Having a strong culture like they do will always keep them in the mix.

It's been said for almost 10 years that Geelong were going to fall off a cliff, they just don't. Having a strong culture like they do will always keep them in the mix.

That home ground advantage plays a massive part in them staying around the eight but come finals that's where you see the 'cliff drop'.

cannot wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back