Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but he'd still have to agree to the trade. Can't see that happening.
Stranger things have happened. I can’t see him wanting a trade whilst he’s still best 22 though.

But the club can trade anyone they want without the player agreeing, just ask some on bf,
Some ideas are interesting if l can call it that.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reiterate

We're in 2019 right

Contracted so what lot of water to go under the bridge

Langdon s knee is like lee walkers , the future is clearly iffy

THomas be happy playing Vfl? Wouldn't think so

Browns gone past him

Note
I left a fair few quality players currently contracted off due to age profile

Beams
wells
Pendels
Howe
Dunne
Goldy
Roughy
Sidey
Mayne
Howe
Levi
Reid

That's 12 new players
Doubt all will retire or drop of a cliff form wise

Also doubt in 3 draft periods we won't pick up a quality player apart from young nick

Murphy shaz Kelly quaynour and Appleby will all be cherry ripe in 2022 or at least should be

Reiterate

We're in 2019 right

Contracted so what lot of water to go under the bridge

Langdon s knee is like lee walkers , the future is clearly iffy

THomas be happy playing Vfl? Wouldn't think so

Browns gone past him

Note
I left a fair few quality players currently contracted off due to age profile

Beams
wells
Pendels
Howe
Dunne
Goldy
Roughy
Sidey
Mayne
Howe
Levi
Reid

That's 12 new players
Doubt all will retire or drop of a cliff form wise

Also doubt in 3 draft periods we won't pick up a quality player apart from young nick

Murphy shaz Kelly quaynour and Appleby will all be cherry ripe in 2022 or at least should be

Projecting forward to 2022, I find it odd that you have more faith in Shaz's knees than Langdon's

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Projecting forward to 2022, I find it odd that you have more faith in Shaz's knees than Langdon's

Not really
Shaz is ligament ,cartlidges are fine

Langdons much much worse

Bone on bone means stem cell or see ya
Many a bloke has retired early for same

You loose extension and quad calfs and other muscles atrophy

Doubt we will see him this year

Not really

Langdons much much worse

Is this from inside info or are you reading the tea leaves

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
But the club can trade anyone they want without the player agreeing, just ask some on bf,
Some ideas are interesting if l can call it that.

You know damn well the player has to agree

Let's say Brisbane offer him $2,000000 over 4 and he's playing Vfl we offer 1.2
Let's say saints offer Phillips 3 over 5 and we offer 2

By 2022
Grundy
Cox
Kelly
Maynard
Adams
Treleor
Wilson
Murphy
Moore
De goey
Whe
Seir
Brown
In fact all will be on much bigger contracts

You know damn well the player has to agree

Let's say Brisbane offer him $2,000000 over 4 and he's playing Vfl we offer 1.2
Let's say saints offer Phillips 3 over 5 and we offer 2

By 2022
Grundy
Cox
Kelly
Maynard
Adams
Treleor
Wilson
Murphy
Moore
De goey
Whe
Seir
Brown
In fact all will be on much bigger contracts
Yes l do know, as you do, but a lot of others still cannot get their head around that fact.
As for your list above this one, l reckon at least three will be still on the list, but l still think that there’s a chance Thomas and Phillips will be main parts of the team, and if not and playing vfl all we will get is a packet of Dave’s twisties, empty at that.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
One thing we do know Darky is no protector of Langdon.

Just a cross he’ll have to bear.

Not really

Langdons much much worse

Did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?

FFS if you can’t spell cartilage...

Did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?

FFS if you can’t spell cartilage...
Google has all the answers you need, who needs medicos, except when they should’ve had ops weeks or months ago, it’s all the clubs fault.:drunk:

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes l do know, as you do, but a lot of others still cannot get their head around that fact.
As for your list above this one, l reckon at least three will be still on the list, but l still think that there’s a chance Thomas and Phillips will be main parts of the team, and if not and playing vfl all we will get is a packet of Dave’s twisties, empty at that.

Both Phillips and Thomas have currency Vfl or not

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lee Walker's knee issues were ligament tears too. he had 3 reconstructions like Schaz I believe.
No his ligaments were loose, his cartilages were fine

Langdon like Tom Williams doesn't get enough blood to the injuries
He needs stem cell
Can't turn
Can't run
Can't jump
No power

Lee Walker (born 7 February 1973) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with Collingwood in the Australian Football League (AFL).

Originally from Busselton, Walker represented Western Australia in the Teal Cup and was selected in the Under-18 All-Australian team.[1] He was unable to make any senior appearances for the West Coast Eagles, due to a knee injury. Collingwood gave up the 12th selection of the 1994 AFL Draft to secure Walker, a pick which the Eagles used on Shane Sikora.[2]

He continued to be hampered by injuries at Collingwood but was able to play 16 AFL games in three seasons.[3] A key position player, he had a total of three knee reconstructions during his career.[4] After being delisted he nominated for the 1998 AFL Draft and was re-signed by Collingwood, but he would only play reserves matches.

Since retiring, Walker has remained involved in football as both a Player Development Manager and as a player manager.[5]

Langdon like Tom Williams doesn't get enough blood to the injuries
He needs stem cell
Can't turn
Can't run
Can't jump
No power

I asked the other day and I'll ask again. Are you getting this information from inside the club or just inside your own head?

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Lee Walker (born 7 February 1973) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with Collingwood in the Australian Football League (AFL).

Originally from Busselton, Walker represented Western Australia in the Teal Cup and was selected in the Under-18 All-Australian team.[1] He was unable to make any senior appearances for the West Coast Eagles, due to a knee injury. Collingwood gave up the 12th selection of the 1994 AFL Draft to secure Walker, a pick which the Eagles used on Shane Sikora.[2]

He continued to be hampered by injuries at Collingwood but was able to play 16 AFL games in three seasons.[3] A key position player, he had a total of three knee reconstructions during his career.[4] After being delisted he nominated for the 1998 AFL Draft and was re-signed by Collingwood, but he would only play reserves matches.

Since retiring, Walker has remained involved in football as both a Player Development Manager and as a player manager.[5]

I was a little tacker at the time, but I swear one of them was a Trent Hentschelesque injury where the severity of that injury alone rather than the accumulation of them did him in!

I asked the other day and I'll ask again. Are you getting this information from inside the club or just inside your own head?
I think the answer is pretty obvious. For one thing, if Langdon’s issues were as dire as Darky made them out to be, we would have encouraged Langers to walk to Freo/Sydney and taken a future pick for him in a heartbeat.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was a little tacker at the time, but I swear one of them was a Trent Hentschelesque injury where the severity of that injury alone rather than the accumulation of them did him in!
I wasn't a tacker at the time

He had a genetic problem loose ligaments at one stage it was popping out more than it was in

Other members of the family same

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the answer is pretty obvious. For one thing, if Langdon’s issues were as dire as Darky made them out to be, we would have encouraged Langers to walk to Freo/Sydney and taken a future pick for him in a heartbeat.
Questions been asked and answered

And yes they are dire , known last year , has had problems before
It's got worse since

Also why I was keen to cash in at the trade table and also helps explain why freo and Sydney dropped off

It wasn't money

Like Stevie j with us they wouldn't risk it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back