What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favour if/when u see him and ask if the club put him on the trade table at the end of 2017, he isn’t hard to find if you spend any time in Geelong. You can then argue the debate from there who was right and wrong.

Don’t take my word for it coz no one does but get it from the horses mouth, he is more than happy to answer that question.

2 years after a flag and players are apparently stale, lol. Some people will believe anything.

The fact he was fat and partying too much was part of the issue you would think too.

The fact he was fat and partying too much was part of the issue you would think too.

Lol fat?

Everyone bagging about Lukey when his stats in 2017 where nearly the same as the are this year at the Cats but like Jake we picked some easy targets and made them the scape goat for the clubs performance.

How you think Jordan, Luke and Jake feel now looking at how we are going ? Think they would quietly be pretty pleased.

Do me a favour and tell me the last best 22 player that felt stale at the Hawks?

Lol fat?

Everyone bagging about Lukey when his stats in 2017 where nearly the same as the are this year at the Cats but like Jake we picked some easy targets and made them the scape goat for the clubs performance.

How you think Jordan, Luke and Jake feel now looking at how we are going ? Think they would quietly be pretty pleased.

Do me a favour and tell me the last best 22 player that felt stale at the Hawks?
Jake was no scape goat. Argue all you want about Dahl, but Jake leaving was 100% his own fault

Lol fat?

Yep I am hearing you. I’m just saying Dal made it easy to be made a scapegoat.

Do yourself a favour if/when u see him and ask if the club put him on the trade table at the end of 2017, he isn’t hard to find if you spend any time in Geelong. You can then argue the debate from there who was right and wrong.

Don’t take my word for it coz no one does but get it from the horses mouth, he is more than happy to answer that question.

2 years after a flag and players are apparently stale, lol. Some people will believe anything.

Dont be cryptic. If you have spoken to him directly tell us what it is that he said was the true cause for the club to put him up for trade 12 months after a flag. Id be fascinated and quite happily take you word for what it is that he has told you as it would go a long way to explaining why he has felt the need to say otherwise when he has no reason to. If you dont want to do that publicly feel free to PM me and I will assure you that I will keep whatever you tell me in confidence.

Until the time that you do give us this insight and because I dont have an inclination to go looking for him in Geelong to find out for myself. I think what I will do instead is that I will take at face value his own words when he has discussed the issue of his departure publicly “It's really hard to put your finger on it, but honestly, just mentally I was pretty cooked, I think. I didn’t have much left in the tank. It was just as simple as making a change, and I was pretty lucky to come back home." So, I think I'll take his actual words over your patented brand of apocryphal horseshit if you don't mind.

The club has been a train wreck on and off the field since the premiership, but if you think that a number of players many of whom have been excised from the club aren't just as responsible then it is you who I would suggest is the one living in "dreamland."

I’m still happy with the calls on Dahl and Rough. Wanted those changes last year and I got them. Nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind. Roughead is probably playing well due to being refreshed, in a better team and probably some better coaching and a simplification of roles. Dahl is going ok at Cats but nothing exceptional. With our abundance of mids and poor kicking I certainly don’t miss him, however I wish him well. The only one I miss is Stringer. If all that is reported is true I can somewhat understand the decision even though I don’t agree with it.

What seems clear to me is we need to make changes at seasons end. Significant changes. Otherwise, who asks for a trade this year and says they feel stale when asked about it next year?

For one, Bont has to be captain next year.

Dont be cryptic. If you have spoken to him directly tell us what it is that he said was the true cause for the club to put him up for trade 12 months after a flag. Id be fascinated and quite happily take you word for what it is that he has told you as it would go a long way to explaining why he has felt the need to say otherwise when he has no reason to. If you dont want to do that publicly feel free to PM me and I will assure you that I will keep whatever you tell me in confidence.

Until the time that you do give us this insight and because I dont have an inclination to go looking for him in Geelong to find out for myself. I think what I will do instead is that I will take at face value his own words when he has discussed the issue of his departure publicly “It's really hard to put your finger on it, but honestly, just mentally I was pretty cooked, I think. I didn’t have much left in the tank. It was just as simple as making a change, and I was pretty lucky to come back home." So, I think I'll take his actual words over your patented brand of apocryphal ********* if you don't mind.

The club has been a train wreck on and off the field since the premiership, but if you think that a number of players many of whom have been excised from the club aren't just as responsible then it is you who I would suggest is the one living in "dreamland."

Unable to send you a PM

No idea why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...h/news-story/65d5529a0100e9ee85b36cdaf09a5207

DOCKERS TO HAVE ‘MASSIVE CRACK’ AT WA DOG
Western Bulldogs ruckman Tim English has been earmarked as a player of the future.
But whether or not he’ll play his best footy at Whitten Oval is up for debate.
According to Fox Footy senior AFL reporter Tom Morris, Fremantle is keen to secure the West Australian native, despite English still having a year to run on his contract.
“He’s signed until the end of next year and the Bulldogs really rate him,” Morris told On The Couch.

“But I think Freo is going to have a massive crack at getting him at the end of this year.”
The Dockers have had the luxury of Aaron Sandilands leading their ruck charges for more than a decade, but the 36-year-old hasn’t featured at all in 2019.
Rory Lobb has been shouldering the load, while 20-year-old Sean Darcy is also highly rated.
But luring English back home to Perth could ensure Fremantle has another generational ruckman

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...h/news-story/65d5529a0100e9ee85b36cdaf09a5207

DOCKERS TO HAVE ‘MASSIVE CRACK’ AT WA DOG
Western Bulldogs ruckman Tim English has been earmarked as a player of the future.
But whether or not he’ll play his best footy at Whitten Oval is up for debate.
According to Fox Footy senior AFL reporter Tom Morris, Fremantle is keen to secure the West Australian native, despite English still having a year to run on his contract.
“He’s signed until the end of next year and the Bulldogs really rate him,” Morris told On The Couch.

“But I think Freo is going to have a massive crack at getting him at the end of this year.”
The Dockers have had the luxury of Aaron Sandilands leading their ruck charges for more than a decade, but the 36-year-old hasn’t featured at all in 2019.
Rory Lobb has been shouldering the load, while 20-year-old Sean Darcy is also highly rated.
But luring English back home to Perth could ensure Fremantle has another generational ruckman
FfS

Surely we are trying to sign him up pronto

Last edited:
Clearly a lot of substance to that report. English to Dockers confirmed.

This is the type of fact free opinion based click-bait masquerading as news that you get when you have a very crowded field of journalists seemingly all called Tom all vying to gain a reputation as news breakers and agenda setters.

Cue pages of teeth gnashing anxiety.

"I knew that with players and coaches around me that believed in me then I would be able to get out there and play some good footy."

This is the line that stood out for me in the Roughead article. Seems support within the club was lacking and a decision had been made on his future. Sad if true and i would hope the coaches learn from this and continue to give players support while those players are on the list.

With English, for as long as he plays for a Victorian team, we're going to have to put up with reports about the WA clubs every year. Same deal with Naughton.

With English, for as long as he plays for a Victorian team, we're going to have to put up with reports about the WA clubs every year. Same deal with Naughton.
At least with Naughton, he was originally Victorian and only spent his later teenage years in WA. Pretty sure after he was drafted, his whole family moved back to Victoria, so I doubt there's really any go-home factor for him anymore.

English is the one I'd be concerned about

At least with Naughton, he was originally Victorian and only spent his later teenage years in WA. Pretty sure after he was drafted, his whole family moved back to Victoria, so I doubt there's really any go-home factor for him anymore.

English is the one I'd be concerned about
I think English has a girlfriend who is originally from Sydney and is now playing netball for the Melbourne Vixens, so hopefully that will lessen any pull as time goes on.

"I knew that with players and coaches around me that believed in me then I would be able to get out there and play some good footy."

This is the line that stood out for me in the Roughead article. Seems support within the club was lacking and a decision had been made on his future. Sad if true and i would hope the coaches learn from this and continue to give players support while those players are on the list.
No issues from either side with that.
We thought he was pretty much done, he disagreed.

Some FACTS with regards to the Jordan Roughead situation:

Elected as Vice Captain in 2015 despite having an injury interrupted career and a best placing in the B&F of 9th in 2013.

Bob Murphy: "Someone who sees the game and the club with a real sense of clarity. He's loved and respected by his peers and he's someone I'm already leaning on and will continue to do so for the year. So I'm rapt to have him as my vice-captain."

Luke Beveridge: "He's (Roughead) a really respected young man, he's been at the club for a number of years now, It's a great sign that our younger players are progressing, they’re maturing."

Steps down from Leadership group prior to 2016 to concentrate on Football after another injury riddled season in 2015. Goes on to play 25 games and plays a big part in helping the Club win a Premiership. Wins Most Improved Player at the Bulldogs Best and Fairest awards.

Misses the first 9 weeks of the 2017 season due to injury. Plays the final 13 games.

Voted in by the players for the 2018 Leadership Group.

Spends 6 weeks out of the AFL side due to a combination of injury and form, recalled in Round 9.

At a Press Conference prior to the Round 11 clash with Melbourne, Luke Beveridge is asked about the future of Roughead and Mitch Wallis

Luke Beveridge:"(Roughead) is a free agent at the end of this year, so we're working with his management at the moment to try and re-sign him because he's definitely a required player, He'll need to perform at his best pretty quickly to establish what his future is beyond this year, and I really believe he can."

"Like 'Roughy', Mitch is definitely a required player, and I and other coaches talk to him weekly around what his focus areas are to get back in the team."

The Headlines:

"Beveridge Turns Heat on Wallis and Roughead" - The Age, June 1 - 2018
"Bevo: Free Agent Duo have to lift" - AFL Website, June 1 - 2018

In the Round 11 match on June 2nd, Roughead has 12 hitouts matched against Max Gawn who has 57 and goes on to collect Brownlow Votes. Roughead is dropped.

On June 18, 2018 CEO Ameet Bains is forced to clarify Bevo's comments with regards to Roughead on SEN:

“I think what’s happened, a lot more direct questions are now asked of coaches at press conferences and certainly with respect to Roughy, I think Bevo’s starting point is we have been negotiating with his manager for a chunk of the season and want to retain him,

On June 19th 2018, Jason Johannisen publicly questions the leadership group of which he is a part of:

"As a leadership group, we have probably let the team down a bit. We haven't been consistent with our performances,"

Roughead is recalled for the Round 17 game against Melbourne after Tom Boyd succumbs to a back injury, prompting Barrett to write in his Sliding Doors bit on the AFL Website "Roughead, who Bevo has developed a set against". Gawn is BOG and gets 3 Brownlow Votes.

Roughead plays out the season in the Seniors but is the No.2 Ruck option behind Jackson Trengove

Less than a week after the completion of the Season, Roughead is in Perth meeting with the Eagles before being traded to the Pies.

Don't let the Media twist the facts on us guys and gals! Roughead had issues with injury and form throughout his decade long tenure at the Dogs. He never finished Top 5 in a B&F (Finished Top 10 once), was never in AA contention and had never won a single Brownlow vote. Despite this he was TWICE voted into the Leadership Group by his peers (the same playing group he claimed didn't support him) and TWICE walked away of his own volition. He was also publicly backed by his Coach to regain his best form and was told by both the Coach and the CEO that he was definitely a required player. That the Click Bait Crew turned this around is yet another lesson in how powerful the Media have become and how dangerous they can be to team harmony.

I wish Roughy all the best, he is a Premiership hero who risked a life long injury to play in the GF. He has definitely earned the "Bullgod" status. Whacking blokes on your way out the door though??? I really thought he was better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back