Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I feel for Pearce he seems to be the most unlucky guy with constant different injuries.

Bowesy going down is a big one for us, that injured list is ugly, interesting though it seems when we played the close games and fought all four quarters we had minimal injuries and when we get blown away we have the bad injuries.

This happened constantly in previous years in bad losses too

Looking at that list, you can pretty much take Harbrow and Miller off, they are expected to play this week. Then that's 10 on the injury list. Slightly more than average but nowhere near the car crashes we have had in the past.

Of that 10, probably about 6 are 1st team players.

After the bye as well we should welcome back the likes of Collins, Rankine and Hanley with Ainsworth not too far away.

All going well (has that ever happened?) we could field a decent team come Rounds17/18 which would give us the opportunity at scoring a couple of wins.

Geez I feel for Pearce he seems to be the most unlucky guy with constant different injuries.

Bowesy going down is a big one for us, that injured list is ugly, interesting though it seems when we played the close games and fought all four quarters we had minimal injuries and when we get blown away we have the bad injuries.

This happened constantly in previous years in bad losses too
chicken or egg?

Can they take Malceski too

Hey I need to compliment him actually. We have had the biggest dopes as our runners over the years but as of 2 weeks ago Malceski became the runner and he has a booming voice and an intensity where he actually is like a 23rd player and he has authority.

As a runner he’s a ripper.

Jordan Murdoch suffered ligament damage in his ankle no time frame just yet.

Miller just a cork should be right for this weekend.

Sam fletcher gone down again this time a quad injury

Yeah Quads seem to be a issue, Bowes and now Fletcher (who seems super injury prone). Will hopefully be assessed closely in the off season.

Corkies, Knees, Ankles, Feet, Hands are all bad luck, not much you can do in the way of prevention of those. Perhaps we may need to look into the treatment of these after the fact.

If all these injuries is bad luck year after year, the club is cursed no point continue in AFL and NEAFL waste of money. A semi pro team like Southport is less professional but had better luck. Prestia, Bennell, swallow, Lynch, omeara, Martin, ablett, may, KK all bad luck. Current crop Ainsworth, Bowes, Rankine.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all these injuries is bad luck year after year, the club is cursed no point continue in AFL and NEAFL waste of money. A semi pro team like Southport is less professional but had better luck. Prestia, Bennell, swallow, Lynch, omeara, Martin, ablett, may, KK all bad luck. Current crop Ainsworth, Bowes, Rankine.
When someone falls and dives on your ankle what are you supposed to do?

Good point. Something remains not right.

Good point. Something remains not right.
Bodsy I think you need to put a fork into some of these management ar$E, can't always put the blame into Clayton or former management for all these injuries.

Reducing our injuries is the number one thing this club needs. More than fixing our midfield or forward entries, we need to get something close to our best team on the park regularly to start really improving. The Lions have been able to field close to their best team for 2-3 years. Right now we’re 2-3 years behind them. Coincidence? At the moment, we field a competitive side for the first half dozen or so games every year, then fall in a heap. It is beyond a joke and that’s despite me still thinking our current conditioning team and facilities are an improvement on anything we’ve had before. Not sure how we can build more resilience into these blokes except to keep pushing greater and smarter preseasons into them and then hope for a change of luck. Maybe steal some of Brisbane’s conditioning team?

Sam Fletcher hasn't really worked out so far.
Riordan not in the reserves side either.
Be keen to see what he can do when he gets a run.

Riordan played NEAFL on the weekend

Yes I saw, I originally posted that before this weekend.
Watched some of the stream from Saturday - didn't stand out but had 11 tackles so must have done some nice work on the inside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back