News Richmond cheer squad being surveilled by undercover AFL spotters after umpire abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand Matt Nicholls got called a maggot, but replace the m for an f. In that case I fully support action being taken against the fan.

Fatt Nicholls isn't that offensive, surely??

I've never been less enthused about going to the footy than I am now.
2017 and 2018 I was enthused, but this year I could take it or leave it.
I reckon the only reason I go is because my membership costs over $1000.

Albeit I work a lot of Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays and don't get much of a chance to go, but my enthusiasm for AFL has never been lower.
The whole crowd was a major talking point at yesterday's Collingwood-Melbourne game among fans and not in a good way.
They'll end up regretting this the AFL as people will not turn up.

The AFL try to make out they have a moral conscience, yet the two biggest blots in society are alcohol abuse and gambling. They make no effort to obliterate or address these two social monsters as they’re heavily reliant on the dollars they make from them.
All the gambling ads you see at the grounds and on TV during games is disgraceful. Hypocrites!

Beer will be next to disappear …. closely followed by me!

Albeit I work a lot of Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays and don't get much of a chance to go, but my enthusiasm for AFL has never been lower.
The whole crowd was a major talking point at yesterday's Collingwood-Melbourne game among fans and not in a good way.
They'll end up regretting this the AFL as people will not turn up.

Will that in turn affect club memberships and then the clubs revenue?

If no one goes to the game because of the draconian afl enforcing their own arbitrary moral standards, why am I paying for a membership to goto games I'm not going to?

Less members is less money for the clubs and the flow on effects keep flowing down to the number and quality of staff and facilities....

I've never been less enthused about going to the footy than I am now.
2017 and 2018 I was enthused, but this year I could take it or leave it.
I reckon the only reason I go is because my membership costs over $1000.
We have 2 3121 membership's and have been to 1 game this year .
I,ve gone from traveling 2 hours to watch training for years ,to not bothering about going to games .

Got a premiership hangover i think .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will that in turn affect club memberships and then the clubs revenue?

If no one goes to the game because of the draconian afl enforcing their own arbitrary moral standards, why am I paying for a membership to goto games I'm not going to?

Less members is less money for the clubs and the flow on effects keep flowing down to the number and quality of staff and facilities....

I reckon it will. Like we won't all of a sudden have 50,000 members compared to 100,000, but I reckon a few will say it just isn't worth it.
I'm a 17 game member and already see bugger all return for it, it's getting ever harder to justify when you are disillusioned with the game and where it's heading.

I go for Richmond only,our players ,our coaches,,recruiting and fitness staff,our president,the nice blokes at the social club entrance who smile as you go in,our ceo who work hard to deliver us a flag.

I am doing it for them not the corrupt AFL who changed rules or fluros who ream us every week.

I will bring vaseline Thursday night for the umpires but I will roar for my players.

Cmon Tigers!

Last edited:
It begs the question, who is advising Gill and co. on this?
Obviously no one with a clear or right mind.
Exactly so and why have their actions or lack of... not been scrutinized?!? Where is the forum to ask Gil and co, as to what is and is not going on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been over the AFL and it's blatant bias and corruptness since the Essendon saga. Adolf was a disgrace and he gladly handed over the organisation to a incompetent prodigal. The crap loud s**t belted out at games through their loudspeakers where you can hardly hear a mate two feet away from yourself is a disgrace.

The AFL can * right off. I prefer going to the local ground where things are as they should be. Nice cheap beer and food if I feel inclined and a real community atmosphere. You can actually hear someone next to you talking without saying "hey, sorry I missed that, what did you say".

And to top it all off, this ******* AFL has gotten worse with their crappy rule changes every year and don't give a stuff about the real custodians - us the fans.

Michaels has an agenda to get us banned from the football by creating threads with obscene chant ideas...

He's part of it.

I'm done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back