2019 Membership

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wouldn’t be surprised, given PAFC’s total lack of interest in marketing International memberships, even after recruiting Whiz Kid Oli from Sydney as GM ‘Marketing & Brand’ to invent, pull off and oversee projects like that.

Is Cos Cardone still chairman of the Marketing & Branding Committee? That would contribute negatively as well. He didn’t even go to Shanghai, I understand.

Still waiting for an answer as to what evidence there is to suggest Cardone is working on behalf of Eddie to undermine our club from within. Any substance or...

Still waiting for an answer as to what evidence there is to suggest Cardone is working on behalf of Eddie to undermine our club from within. Any substance or...

The conflict of interest alone should make Cardone's directorship untenable. It's highly questionable whether he's genuinely acting in the PAFC's best interests. This is basic ethics 101.

Expecting some sort of secret recording or signed documents of nefarious deeds is laughable, and after the fact. The idea is to set things up so there's no conflicts of interest or risk that our club will be underminned by a board member that is at high risk of being squeezed by an individual whose interests are opposed to the club's.

I wouldn’t be surprised, given PAFC’s total lack of interest in marketing International memberships, even after recruiting Whiz Kid Oli from Sydney as GM ‘Marketing & Brand’ to invent, pull off and oversee projects like that.

Is Cos Cardone still chairman of the Marketing & Branding Committee? That would contribute negatively as well. He didn’t even go to Shanghai, I understand.
The fact that we do not have an international membership for China does my head in. I seriously wonder what some of the people at the club get paid to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The post above by Forzaport has brought your continued existence to my attention. You see FPPF I have had you on ignore for some time and that won’t change. I found the content of your posts a waste of time.

However, I shall give you a reply this one time.

1560230590476.jpeg

This photo was taken the week leading up to the Collingwood match when Eddie was everywhere on radio telling Australia that his CEO Cos Cardone, who is a director of PAFC, was the man in charge of the Prison Bar project.

There is a dumb look on Koch’s face as if everything Eddie Everywhere said was news to him.

As Forzaport says, Cardone’s conflict of interest is self-evident; no extra evidence needed.

The evidence that ‘suggests’ (your word) Eddie E. has been employing his own CEO to undermine PAFC’s case via Cardone’s conflict of interest is contained in transcripts of the above radio interviews, one of which came over 5aa.

Now here’s one for you: Can you provide evidence that suggests McGuire is not using his CEO to undermine PAFC’s case?

NB: I won’t be hanging around just for your testimony. You are on ignore, remember.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The post above by Forzaport has brought your continued existence to my attention. You see FPPF I have had you on ignore for some time and that won’t change. I found the content of your posts a waste of time.

However, I shall give you a reply this one time.

View attachment 690557

This photo was taken the week leading up to the Collingwood match when Eddie was everywhere on radio telling Australia that his CEO Cos Cardone, who is a director of PAFC, was the man in charge of the Prison Bar project.

There is a dumb look on Koch’s face as if everything Eddie Everywhere said was news to him.

As Forzaport says, Cardone’s conflict of interest is self-evident; no extra evidence needed.

The evidence that ‘suggests’ (your word) Eddie E. has been employing his own CEO to undermine PAFC’s case via Cardone’s conflict of interest is contained in transcripts of the above radio interviews, one of which came over 5aa.

Now here’s one for you: Can you provide evidence that suggests McGuire is not using his CEO to undermine PAFC’s case?

NB: I won’t be hanging around just for your testimony. You are on ignore, remember.

Oh wow, Eddie said on radio that his company's CEO, whose on the board at Port, was in charge of the prison bar project...wow, you got him. Throw the book at both of them. That wouldn't hold up in court.

That look on Koch's face in the picture is pretty standard for him. You should know that.

Why would I provide evidence that suggests Eddie and Cardone aren't trying to undermine Port Adelaide from within? I'm not saying that they aren't trying to do that (nor am I saying that they are) You're the one saying that they are undermining the club from within. I'm the one asking for proof.

Still nothing of substance just speculation that he's undermining our club because he works for a company owned by a rival clubs president.
I think a this stage its fairly safe to assume that this old fool has a personal problem with Cardone and that's the driving factor behind the continued s**t throwing on here. You certainly alluded to that in another post where you were whinging about Cardone not travelling to China for the three years we've been going there. Guess you feel a little aggrieved that not everyone at the club gives a s**t about you.

Since you have nothing of substance to post that proves he's undermining the club, carry on then with your s**t posting about him you drooling mess.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The conflict of interest alone should make Cardone's directorship untenable. It's highly questionable whether he's genuinely acting in the PAFC's best interests. This is basic ethics 101.

Expecting some sort of secret recording or signed documents of nefarious deeds is laughable, and after the fact. The idea is to set things up so there's no conflicts of interest or risk that our club will be underminned by a board member that is at high risk of being squeezed by an individual whose interests are opposed to the club's.

Do we know anything from the club specifically regarding the PB issue, have they said anything? Or is it all silence?
How do we know he hasn't been appointed to liaise with Collingwood specifically because of his connection with Eddie?

Like I said to the drooling mess just prior to this post, I'm not suggesting that all is above board, or that it isn't for that matter. I'm just curious to know what there is to suggest that anything untoward is going on.

Frankly while a conflict of interest should see him step down or be replaced on our board, that isn't a strong indication that he is undermining the club to the benefit of Collingwood.

The rest is just hearsay and slander.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In regard to the director Cardone's position on the board. Have I got the details correct ?

* He has one of the numerous positions reserved for AFL appointments on the PAFC board.
* He is also employed by Eddie Maguire's company so is therefore a paid employee of that company.
* Eddie Maguire (for whatever reason) has considerable power within the AFL.
* The AFL were aware of the employment relationship between Maguire and Cardone at time of appointment or since.
Yet there seems to be discussion of a possible conflict of interest. !!!!

Anything incorrect or missing ?

Evidence of conflict of interest is not required.
If it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck. ........ it's a duck.

Oh wow, Eddie said on radio that his company's CEO, whose on the board at Port, was in charge of the prison bar project...wow, you got him. Throw the book at both of them. That wouldn't hold up in court.

Who says it have to 'hold up in court'? If the best thing you can say about Cardone's continual involvement on the board is that it's not technically illegal, that says it all, doesn't it?

I don't know Cos Cardone, I've never met Cos Cardone or had any interaction with him. It may well be that he is an impeccable man with the highest standards of integrity who would never dream of letting his conflict of interest interfere with making the best decision for the Port Adelaide Football Club. But why take the risk? Why leave Cardone in the role and cross our fingers that his conflict of interest doesn't come into play when we could quite simply appoint someone with no conflict of interest in his place?

Last edited:
Who says it have to 'hold up in court'? If the best thing you can say about Cardone's continual involvement on the board is that it's not technically illegal, that says it all, doesn't it?

I don't know Cos Cardone, I've never met Cos Cardone or had any interaction with him. It may well be that he is an impeccable man with the highest standards of integrity who would never dream of letting his conflict of interest interfere with making the best decision for the Port Adelaide Football Club. But why take the risk when we don't have to? Why leave Cardone in the role and cross our fingers that his conflict of interest doesn't come into play when we could quite simply appoint someone with no conflict of interest in his place?
Quotable.

Pear1870

Section 301
Port Adelaide - Allir Allir Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Kane Farrell Player Sponsor 2021 Port Adelaide - Connor Rozee Player Sponsor 2020
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To remove any doubt of a perceived or actual conflict of interest, a person of integrity would either resign from the board, or resign from their employment, or at least remove themselves from the discussion and the decision making process. If a person had the best interests of the PAFC at heart, that person would do one of those options of their own accord and with a sense
duty and urgency. On the other hand, if none of those have occurred, it would be appropriate to question the "arrangement" and in particular the assumed loyalty the board member.

Coincidence Cardone is in charge of PB project. !!!! Give me a break.
And if the arrangement is correct and allowed to continue, for Koch not to take immediate action says a lot about Koch and IMO also puts into question where his loyalty is placed.

To remove any doubt of a perceived or actual conflict of interest, a person of integrity would either resign from the board, or resign from their employment, or at least remove themselves from the discussion and the decision making process. If a person had the best interests of the PAFC at heart, that person would do one of those options of their own accord and with a sense
duty and urgency. On the other hand, if none of those have occurred, it would be appropriate to question the "arrangement" and in particular the assumed loyalty the board member.

And if the arrangement is correct and allowed to continue, for Koch not to take immediate action says a lot about Koch and IMO also puts into question where his loyalty is placed.
Also quotable.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I don't know Cos Cardone, I've never met Cos Cardone or had any interaction with him. It may well be that he is an impeccable man with the highest standards of integrity who would never dream of letting his conflict of interest interfere with making the best decision for the Port Adelaide Football Club. But why take the risk? Why leave Cardone in the role and cross our fingers that his conflict of interest doesn't come into play when we could quite simply appoint someone with no conflict of interest in his place?

Well I dont think we should have him as a matter of fact, conflict of interest is obvious, BUT I also dont agree with the baseless slander that guy from hong kong posts. A conflict of interest doesn't warrant it.

Greymatter

Senior List
Jan 27, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The issue really goes back to the core issue of how our board is formed: Would a member of the rank and file vote for a person who is CEO of the company of our most significant barrier to continual recognition of our heritage? The risk is, of course, that with the conflict of interest in play, grassroots campaigns like BBTB have one potentially insurmountable hurdle to overcome that has authority over the CEO and the ear of the chairman.

Perhaps for BBTB to gain maximal moemntum we need a campaign to wrest back board control to the membership of the club first.*

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That beanie is just an inferior version of the PA monogram one. I like that we seem to be sticking with the black/grey colour scheme though.

finbarr I just noticed that you liked this old post today and coincidentally I happened to be wearing my 1870 beanie. Weird. Well maybe not so weird, it’s as cold as Santa’s knob in Melbourne. BOM says it’s 14 degrees rn but that’s a f@&king lie!

Do we know anything from the club specifically regarding the PB issue, have they said anything? Or is it all silence?
How do we know he hasn't been appointed to liaise with Collingwood specifically because of his connection with Eddie?

Like I said to the drooling mess just prior to this post, I'm not suggesting that all is above board, or that it isn't for that matter. I'm just curious to know what there is to suggest that anything untoward is going on.

Frankly while a conflict of interest should see him step down or be replaced on our board, that isn't a strong indication that he is undermining the club to the benefit of Collingwood.

The rest is just hearsay and slander.

Hardly slander, but what I'm interested in is why you are defending someone with a pretty clear conflict of interest so vigorously?

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hardly slander, but what I'm interested in is why you are defending someone with a pretty clear conflict of interest so vigorously?

Im not defending him Im curious to know what the story is between him and lockhart, surely theres more to it then him being upset that Cardone hasnt bothered to travel to China to see him..I mean the club play.

Because theres a conflict of interest does not automatically mean hes done wrong by the club. So why does Lockhart imply he's done something? Whats he done? He tried to use Eddies comments which prove nothing of which has been implied.

If theres something legitimate that hes done wrong, post it already and stop throwing s**t. Whats he got to hide?

The issue really goes back to the core issue of how our board is formed: Would a member of the rank and file vote for a person who is CEO of the company of our most significant barrier to continual recognition of our heritage? The risk is, of course, that with the conflict of interest in play, grassroots campaigns like BBTB have one potentially insurmountable hurdle to overcome that has authority over the CEO and the ear of the chairman.

Perhaps for BBTB to gain maximal moemntum we need a campaign to wrest back board control to the membership of the club first.*

From what I am seeing and hearing, we are having a big impact on the attitude of AFL community about us wearing a guernsey we own, when we choose to.

Also...

Cardone's 'conflict of interest' in regards to our guernsey is not something we can control and is not technically a conflict that would mean he can't remain on the board.

Conflict of interest doesn't automatically preclude you from staying on the board, as long as it is declared, and you are removed from any vote that is impacted by the conflict, then it is all above board.

Where COI becomes a huge issue, for a board and an individual director, is when it is not declared, and is challenged after the fact.

ASIC would not give a Tinker's Toss about Cardone's links to McGuire Media while sitting on our board. That is unless he used his position to benefit McGuire Media. It's important to note that McGuire Media is NOT Collingwood Football Club. (Yeah, yeah, I know.) and even if it is argued that is IS effectively one and the same, the issue of wearing a guernsey is not what the rules are about. It's about financial gain.

Which brings us to what can we do about it...

This technical loop-hole (eg it's technically not a COI because there's no financial gain) needs to be addressed via the loss of revenue that PAFC loses from NOT having the PB as an option to wear and market when and how it pleases.

We have the evidence in the 2014 Elim final guernsey and the 2013 Supporter Names guernsey that provided a bottom line impact of ~$1mil. That is significant and is enough for us to get some focus on the issue.

It could be argued that a competitor is impacting on our ability to access this revenue stream by having someone on our board who is effectively employed by said competitor. There have been much more complicated links proved in COI cases than the 2-steps of separation we have in the Port> Cardone>McGuire>Collingwood chain.

Of course, this is all presuming that Cardone is anti-PB in the AFL and has argued/voted as such in our board meetings and I'm yet to see any evidence of this.

If he hasn't, then all this is moot.

Last edited:
Im not defending him Im curious to know what the story is between him and lockhart, surely theres more to it then him being upset that Cardone hasnt bothered to travel to China to see him..I mean the club play.

Because theres a conflict of interest does not automatically mean hes done wrong by the club. So why does Lockhart imply he's done something? Whats he done? He tried to use Eddies comments which prove nothing of which has been implied.

If theres something legitimate that hes done wrong, post it already and stop throwing ****. Whats he got to hide?
It’s politics here, not necessarily legal issues. They are very different beasts.

I don't know of any other instances where the CEO of a business sits on the board of a competing business or related entity. Surely it isn't too difficult to grasp that it is a huge conflict of interest.

I don't know of any other instances where the CEO of a business sits on the board of a competing business or related entity. Surely it isn't too difficult to grasp that it is a huge conflict of interest.
True but the AFL is an industry full of conflicts of interest left right and centre and nobody speaks up to change it.

That's why we are talking about doing a deal here, because deals are done everywhere to get things done.

Back