Fantasy 2019 - Omega League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Helfarch peterbuch74 Cassius_Clay Wizard BeinPurplenGreen Blacky manureid J Shuttlesworth TheGreatBarryB drd23 GG.exe

Use this thread for all discussion and arguing/bitching.

The draft board thread can be found here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-omega-league-draft-board.1217055/

We currently need ONE owner to replace Starlin Castro, who quit at the end of last season. That new person will own the #1 overall pick. The Kliff Kingsbury of team managers they would be.

Maybe Raephix would like to join this league to compete against his friend Helfarch?

The roster does not need to be cut down until AFTER the draft. As the draft is a ROOKIE ONLY draft. After the draft, teams will have a few weeks to decide which total 32 players they want to keep....from their current roster + draftees. There will be a SQUADS tab on the draft board spreadsheet that will make it easier for you to see who needs to be dropped etc.

Have updated the SQUADS tab on the spreadsheet.

Here, you can see how your roster currently looks. How many players you have ("current") and how many you're allowed ("maximum"). But you don't need to do anything right now. You can wait till after the 6 round rookie draft before choosing which players to release....letting me know at that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious were QB points changed during off season? GG.exe

All positions scoring was changed.
It's hard to explain.
I reduced scoring for all positions, but in such a way that QBs/RB/WR/TE score more than IDPs, and QBs score more than RB/WR.
While i reduced things for QB say, I also increased things for them.
Eg, pts per yards might have come down, but points per TD might have gone up a touch, and negative points for INTs reduced a touch.....that kind of thing.
IDPs were brought down a bit.

The end result is....all positions are STILL quite equal, there's still that same concept of all positions being important a la Cutthroat/Empire....but the maximum points that all players could score PER GAME has reduced. So you don't get IDPs scoring 40-50 for a few big plays, while QBs who have a reasonable day throwing 250 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs only got 7-10 points.
Instead....a GREAT game by a QB will see him get about 30-35 pts, a monstrous game by an IDP will see him get about 30, a big game by a RB or WR will see him get 30 etc.
But a horrible game by a QB wont be -10 anymore, but more like 1-5 pts. A typical game by an IDP will see him get like 5 pts. A so-so game by a RB/WR will see him get 5 pts.

That type of thing.

Look, in all honesty, given the limitations ESPN scoring has, i was STOKED with how well my new scoring adjustments worked out. They're ten times better than Cutthroat.

The only thing to remember is.....scoring PER GAME is a lot less in this league, so don't be dismayed. It's honestly the BEST way to achieve what I was after -- making QBs better than RB/WR, but only by a TOUCH. Making QB/RB/WR better than IDPs, but by enough margin that IDPs dont score crazily anymore but there's still mass equality between all positions. All draftable in the first round type thing.

It's hard to explain. But it's seriously amazingly good scoring.

There's like stages of scoring for all positions.

A s**t game by a QB - 1-5 pts, an average game 5-10, a good game 10-15, a great game 20-30
A typical IDP game - 5-10 pts, a good game 10-15, a great game, 25-30
A meh game by a RB/WR - 5 pts, a good game 10-15 pts, a great game 25-30

that type of thing.

All positions scoring was changed.
It's hard to explain.
I reduced scoring for all positions, but in such a way that QBs/RB/WR/TE score more than IDPs, and QBs score more than RB/WR.
While i reduced things for QB say, I also increased things for them.
Eg, pts per yards might have come down, but points per TD might have gone up a touch, and negative points for INTs reduced a touch.....that kind of thing.
IDPs were brought down a bit.

The end result is....all positions are STILL quite equal, there's still that same concept of all positions being important a la Cutthroat/Empire....but the maximum points that all players could score PER GAME has reduced. So you don't get IDPs scoring 40-50 for a few big plays, while QBs who have a reasonable day throwing 250 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs only got 7-10 points.
Instead....a GREAT game by a QB will see him get about 30-35 pts, a monstrous game by an IDP will see him get about 30, a big game by a RB or WR will see him get 30 etc.
But a horrible game by a QB wont be -10 anymore, but more like 1-5 pts. A typical game by an IDP will see him get like 5 pts. A so-so game by a RB/WR will see him get 5 pts.

That type of thing.

Look, in all honesty, given the limitations ESPN scoring has, i was STOKED with how well my new scoring adjustments worked out. They're ten times better than Cutthroat.

The only thing to remember is.....scoring PER GAME is a lot less in this league, so don't be dismayed. It's honestly the BEST way to achieve what I was after -- making QBs better than RB/WR, but only by a TOUCH. Making QB/RB/WR better than IDPs, but by enough margin that IDPs dont score crazily anymore but there's still mass equality between all positions. All draftable in the first round type thing.

This is the new scoring, and how it would look applied to 2018 stats.

You will see QBs outscore other positions, whereas last year they didn't.
And you will see QB/RB/WR outscore IDPs more regularly, whereas last year there were too many IDPs outscoring offensive players, senselessly.

But the total score that a player scored in the year is reduced for all positions, compared to last year.

Mahomes topped the league with 293 pts for his MVP/Marino-like season. The next closest player was 70 pts behind. BECAUSE...he had such a Marino-like season. So he was like capping out like 30 pts per game almost, he was consistently playing great, greatness.

But if a QB has a typical kind of year, up and down games, he'll score 180-220 pts for the entire season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back