Roast Fans getting Warnings and Booted for Being too Loud

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have enjoyed Security being more assertive on Sunday in the SCG Members

Exhibit A:
Wild applause for a clear behind, followed by slack-jawed stupor (unsanctioned)

Exhibit B:
Non-ironic reference to 'the Ref' (unsanctioned)

Exhibit C:
Home-brought baguette that looked like it was smeared with pate (unsanctioned)

It is freaking out of control up north, be thankful that Gil from Admin cares about your MCG experience

That is the problem with grey hair, had to live with it since my 40's but I quite like it. We should meet up again - Hawthorn?

Easily done when you marry at 18.

We most definitely should, Hawks game would be good or we could even do a meetup at either (or both!) of the docklands games seeing as they are up next after the bye.

We most definitely should, Hawks game would be good or we could even do a meetup at either (or both!) of the docklands games seeing as they are up next after the bye.

At Docklands Game we should all stand outside of the Ground and Watch it on the Big Screen

Something doesn't add up to me. I reckon there is more to it.
I suspect that too just due to the fact that it was the police who came out to him and not the security folk.

Because Maggie5 witnessed it I don't think that anything that deserved the warning happened but I wonder if he is a "known" individual.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suspect that too just due to the fact that it was the police who came out to him and not the security folk.

Because Maggie5 witnessed it I don't think that anything that deserved the warning happened but I wonder if he is a "known" individual.
Known individual?
I think, as these are reserved seats, that the crowd around him would have moderated his behaviour over the last how many years he has been there.
And the fact that others in the vicinity come to his defence tells me that he is only known for being passionate.

Known individual?
I think, as these are reserved seats, that the crowd around him would have moderated his behaviour over the last how many years he has been there.
And the fact that others in the vicinity come to his defence tells me that he is only known for being passionate.

Agree. Other Fans would not be Standing up for the Bloke IF he was being a Dickhead and Been a Dickhead quite a Few times

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I went to a Freo Pie match a couple of years ago at Subi oval and at the end the guy in front of me said that he had hated the whole afternoon. He was cordial but a little depressed. I was cordial. We parted ways. I wouldnt want to give him the right to complain.

A bit before that, I was at an eagles game and I found myself sitting next to two old ladies who chanted "come on eagles" almost non stop for 4 quarters. We were polverised that day. The chants were mind-blowingly annoying. I made up my own chants and generally tried to send the old ladies up a bit. I was cordial. The old ladies completely ignored me. When I was leaving, a woman looked at me sternly and said I should be ashamed of myself. I wouldnt want to give her the right to complain.

If you go to the football, you need to have some resilience... if youre fragile mentally, you shouldnt go. Maybe some of these fragile people need to go to the doctor and get a prescription for drugs so that they can cope...

A bit before that, I was at an eagles game and I found myself sitting next to two old ladies who chanted "come on eagles" almost non stop for 4 quarters. We were polverised that day. The chants were mind-blowingly annoying. I made up my own chants and generally tried to send the old ladies up a bit. I was cordial. The old ladies completely ignored me. When I was leaving, a woman looked at me sternly and said I should be ashamed of myself. I wouldnt want to give her the right to complain.
I sat in front of two ladies who were Adelaide fans once, and they repeatedly chanted “Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu Croooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwws!” basically whenever they touched the ball. I would fight for their right to do so, but dear God it was annoying.

Amazing reading these story's from my fellow magpie fans,
But I ask when did the AFL start this?
For example a Carlton fan was ejected at half time on the weekend.
2 Weeks before that a Richmond person was banned for 3 games.

And I really don't want to upset people but is this related to the Adam Goodes Documentary?

As a footnote I hardly get to games due to my location.
I recall one game I went to in Brisbane and the lady next to me told me not to yell.
So thus I moved and whilst departing asked her "Have you ever been to a game in Melbourne?"
I got no reply!

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Amazing reading these story's from my fellow magpie fans,
But I ask when did the AFL start this?
For example a Carlton fan was ejected at half time on the weekend.
2 Weeks before that a Richmond person was banned for 3 games.

And I really don't want to upset people but is this related to the Adam Goodes Documentary?

As a footnote I hardly get to games due to my location.
I recall one game I went to in Brisbane and the lady next to me told me not to yell.
So thus I moved and whilst departing asked her "Have you ever been to a game in Melbourne?"
I got no reply!

I answered that in the previous post.

Its suddenly off the charts this season though.

(not related to the documentary per se, it was already well in train before the doco came out)

How easy to meet up at Docklands? Ran into Morgs last time near the food shops.
Maybe PM as the time gets closer.

Anyone else want to meet up?

Oh and I think I will email the AFL tomorrow.

Back