Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Not even especially in sporting clubs. More like at every place of employment throughout the world!

My boss is great now, but I have had a few that I wouldn’t speak so kindly of!

But almost never the reason a major orginisation goes down the gurglar. The most successful businesses are run by ruthless ******. Longmire like every other coach would have and had a player not like him no doubt but if we are selling this as a reason he should be replaced and why we sit 4-8 we are dead set kidding ourselves. AFL Coaches have a percentage of their playing group not like them, so do VFL Coaches, C Grade Suburban Coaches, A-League Coaches, NBA Coaches, So What ! It is human nature for people to not like what they hear especially about themselves. They become disgruntled and try and recruit others into their troth of self pity. Next thing you know a parasite spreads this to another parasite and it spreads like wild fire.

If Longmire goes it won't be because 1% of the ******* playing group don't like him which is about what the percentages would boil down to it is because he has had a better offer for him going forward or both him and the club are on the same page as to where we are going in the next couple of years and don't see it as feasible. Tell You What If he is to go I can't wait for all his detractors on here to wish him all the best and Fawn over his efforts in The Past on The Thanks Horse Thread That No Doubt will appear. When If True To Their Belief It should be **** off Horse and Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.

DST

Premiership Player
May 1, 2003
In enemy territory
AFL Club
Sydney
I honestly think that the team focus has been on playing more positive, attacking footy but we've been forced into a quicker rebuild than we thought and you can only do as much as the opposition allows. I could see in the intent of using the corridor more often but there was a limitation on skills and experience to execute. I'm not sure what the final stat was but during the game it had the Swans playing on from marks 40% of the time as opposed to the Eagles 9% and that shows intent to me. We got the ball in quicker to the forward line before it got clogged up and it made all the difference. Long may it continue.

Funny you say that, because that is the exact opposite to what has happened over the last 5 weeks and has ultimately contributed to our better form and play.

As per the "afl.com.au" and "on the couch' stats last night when comparing rounds 1 to 7 and 8 to 12 we have significantly reduced our play on from marks (31.9% down to 21.3%), drastically increased kick to handball ratio (1.38 to 1.59) and are kicking shorter to retain the ball out of defence and have gone much longer from the centre into our forward 50.

This is the exact opposite with what a lot of people have been calling for us to do on this board (play on from the mark and don't bomb the ball forward).

In effect we have gone back to what has been successful for Longmire in the past before 6/6/6 and is the current preferred method of the top teams (both Geelong and Collingwood don't play on and prefer a slow and methodical build-up by foot before going long into the forward 50).

Last edited:

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Funny you say that, because that is the exact opposite to what has happened over the last 5 weeks and has ultimately contributed to our better form and play.

As per the "afl.com.au" and "on the couch' stats last night when comparing rounds 1 to 7 and 8 to 12 we have significantly reduced our play on from marks (31.9% down to 21.3%), drastically increased kick to handball ratio (1.38 to 1.59) and kicking shorter to retain the ball out of defence and gone much longer from the centre into our forward 50. kicks.

This is the exact opposite with what a lot of people have been calling for us to do on this board (play on from the mark and don't bomb the ball forward).

In effect we have gone back to what has been successful for Longmire in the past before 6/6/6 and is the current preferred method of the top teams (both Geelong and Collingwood don't play on and prefer a slow and methodical build-up by foot before going long into the forward 50).
Yeah, I already corrected myself in the thread after this initial post.

I don't think we got the win against the Eagles because of some coaching masterclass. It was the player's efforts and ability to execute and the fact that the Eagles were sleepwalking.

Agree

But I would also say horse and his team nailed selection and had the forward set up on point

There was also longer kicks it seemed and we certainly had play further up the ground than normal

He deserves some credit

Mind if you if 23 is running around and kicks 5 plays well then maybe anyone can coach ok

As per the "afl.com.au" and "on the couch' stats last night when comparing rounds 1 to 7 and 8 to 12 we have significantly reduced our play on from marks (31.9% down to 21.3%), drastically increased kick to handball ratio (1.38 to 1.59) and kicking shorter to retain the ball out of defence and gone much longer from the centre into our forward 50. kicks.

We aren’t holding the ball and waited nor mucking up the game as much though

And we are moving play closer to the centre

But almost never the reason a major orginisation goes down the gurglar. The most successful businesses are run by ruthless ******. Longmire like every other coach would have and had a player not like him no doubt but if we are selling this as a reason he should be replaced and why we sit 4-8 we are dead set kidding ourselves. AFL Coaches have a percentage of their playing group not like them, so do VFL Coaches, C Grade Suburban Coaches, A-League Coaches, NBA Coaches, So What ! It is human nature for people to not like what they hear especially about themselves. They become disgruntled and try and recruit others into their troth of self pity. Next thing you know a parasite spreads this to another parasite and it spreads like wild fire.

If Longmire goes it won't be because 1% of the ******* playing group don't like him which is about what the percentages would boil down to it is because he has had a better offer for him going forward or both him and the club are on the same page as to where we are going in the next couple of years and don't see it as feasible. Tell You What If he is to go I can't wait for all his detractors on here to wish him all the best and Fawn over his efforts in The Past on The Thanks Horse Thread That No Doubt will appear. When If True To Their Belief It should be **** off Horse and Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.

Yeah right so if you hypothetically want horse gone and he leaves then you go post see you *face in his thread everyone will accept that

Regardless of the future he is a premiership coach and a human being so what sort of prick wouldn’t thank him and wish him well

Geez I’d even wish buckernarra all the best and he couldn’t coach Auskick

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh no I do pity people like you and bungee who don’t see the other side of an argument.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ah I can see the other side of the argument. It's guys like you who can't.

Has Horse had bad days? Of course he has. He's a human horse. Has he made bad decisions? Yes. Of course he has.

Sydney, more than any other side, must remain relevant and competitive. As a club, we can't afford years at the bottom. Even if that was the route to success, and it's pretty clear it isn't. In any case, the Board believe in remaining competitive so that's Horse's brief. And he's achieved that.

He kept the group believing after our 0-6 start. That was a pretty good sign.

Some say we're too negative. I don't agree. There's no rule that says you have to kick 20 goals. Media types love to say that. "Where are the Swans goals going to come from? If you can't kick a winning score you can't win finals." It's crap. You only need to kick one point more than the opposition. Which we've done over the last decade I think more than any other team.

I know some want to see the great footy of the days of yore but I'm here to tell you, that footy wasn't that great. Especially when it came to South.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Agree

But I would also say horse and his team nailed selection and had the forward set up on point

There was also longer kicks it seemed and we certainly had play further up the ground than normal

He deserves some credit

Mind if you if 23 is running around and kicks 5 plays well then maybe anyone can coach ok
Kind of my point about Clarkson. He's obviously a great coach but it helped having one of the best lists in modern footy.

Kind of my point about Clarkson. He's obviously a great coach but it helped having one of the best lists in modern footy.

It sure did and a home grand final against interstate sides in his three peat

But he also built that list up to be fair to him

But yes agree you can only coach the players you have

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah right so if you hypothetically want horse gone and he leaves then you go post see you ****face in his thread everyone will accept that

Regardless of the future he is a premiership coach and a human being so what sort of prick wouldn’t thank him and wish him well

Geez I’d even wish buckernarra all the best and he couldn’t coach Auskick

Hypothetically ?

Hypothetically ?

Yeah in the hypothetical someone wants him gone

They can’t wish him well?

Also more to the point if I went to a farewell thread and said get the * out about time that would be ok? No way people will cop that (I wouldn’t do it)

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
There is valid debate about the delayed introduction of Allir and Dawson.

There is a valid debate, but there's a couple of things there. Dawson a couple of times found himself injured at the wrong times. For instance he was one of the injured during the 0-6 period. Aliir found himself enjoying the company of one too many ladies for an hour or so too long and then his form didn't justify his recall.

An argument might be that the form of both this year suggests they've had their apprenticeships managed superbly.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

This belongs in the Tom Mitchell thread...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Is there a salary cap as such for the coaching group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back