Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange. I go to the footy all the time and cheer loudly for my team. Never got into a fight, never been kicked out by police, never had players or umpires point at me. Somehow I don't think it's luck.

At this rate only us Crows supporters will be allowed to attend games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Crows are feral as s**t for an oppo at AO.

I lived there, so not a "visitor", and some of the s**t directed towards our area was a disgrace. Luckily I've taught my two young boys not to get upset by idiots...

See, there is a solution!

People need to HTFU. Most of my footy attendances are at the BOOOOOOOO Optus Oval here in BOOOOOOOOO Perth. Try being a Vic team BOOOOOOO supporter over here. Im not.... popular.

Could be worse I guess, could live in Adelaide. At least the crowds here dont throw bannanas at Aboriginal players.
Well back in 2007, Crows lost to Collingwood at Football park. Crows fans threw cups of urine at Collingwood players and Eddie Maguire after the game.

Crows are feral as **** for an oppo at AO.

I lived there, so not a "visitor", and some of the **** directed towards our area was a disgrace. Luckily I've taught my two young boys not to get upset by idiots...
We're not like that to everyone though, just Port, Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Geelong, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda, West Coast, Sydney & Freo fans.

Ok - I'll play devils advocate here. Has anyone ever sat at the footy with a really loud supporter yelling in your here ?

I had one a few weeks ago - a fellow Carlton supporter mind you - and the guy was a complete d$%head yelling non-stop rubbish thinking he was funny.

We had to move.

There is a line that can be crossed !!
The fact that you can move is key here. As long as he wasn't swearing his head off, good luck to him.

Seriously, who is behind all this sh*t? The thought police out in force.

Crows are feral as **** for an oppo at AO.

I lived there, so not a "visitor", and some of the **** directed towards our area was a disgrace. Luckily I've taught my two young boys not to get upset by idiots...
Yeah Adelaide I had a fan in 2012 tell us "I hope your plane crashes on the way home" after we won in 2012. All we were doing was singing the song

Ok - I'll play devils advocate here. Has anyone ever sat at the footy with a really loud supporter yelling in your here ?

I had one a few weeks ago - a fellow Carlton supporter mind you - and the guy was a complete d$%head yelling non-stop rubbish thinking he was funny.

We had to move.

There is a line that can be crossed !!
I’m sure there’s more to this story though, if not, seems like there would be other solutions. But I agree, some of these bellends that scream at the top of their lungs for 120 mins like a) they actually know anything about playing the game, and b) re influencing the game in any way are very annoying. I mean, sure, be a fan, but don’t be a knob.

Clearly you don't understand mental health of people if you think bullying can only be physical.
People can have mental health problems for almost any reason. Bad weather, fear of stickers, 9-5 work day, they get anxious at driving. Whilst I think we should try to prevent major common causes of anxiety, depression and stress, we should not try to punish people for minor infrequent causes because if we did society would cease to function. Kicking someone out of a football game for complaining about an umpiring decision with some minor profanities is just as likely to cause mental health problems for that person as the umpire who was called them.

Also the best way to prevent mental health problems is to teach people not to get offended so much and focus on whats important. Sticks and stones is a far better prevention method.

You can't boo. You't can't curse. And you can't cheer your own team.

Genius idea. Let's parent the people that bring us our income.

Awesome. Well done AFL on ******* up the game.

Integrity Unit spies & spotters, eh?

I’d love to know the total wage bill (inc. staff expenses) of the AFL.

It’s incredible the number of people they have working for them.

They are completely useless at the things we want them to get right. e.g. fair fixtures, MRP consistency, professional umpiring, goal review and Grand Final ticketing.

But they are the world champions when it comes to shiitting on their most loyal paying customers.

F*** you AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've got an idea....how about we start segregating supporters? home team's fans have 2/3 of ground, the other team remaining 1/3 at other end? have half a bay separating the two sets of fans too. we can even segregate fans of the same club -> those that want to be boisterous and on their feet all match (they can be called ultras and positioned behind goals), and the others who are little more laid back can sit among themselves and not be offended.

The AFL would be unique!

If the cops spoke to him politely to make it known his supporting was commended but disturbing the peace, then left as that.......no issue anywhere other than a great story and 5 minutes of fame

You’re a harmless poster who is more objective than most, so don’t take this personally.

If you think the fan is in the wrong here then it’s you who should be banned. Disturbing the peace? FFS.

People say umpiring standards are at an all time low every year. It’s no different to 5 or 10 years ago.

The majority of people complaining about umpires are only complaining because the free kick went against their team. They’d be clapping like seals if the decision went the other way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was no different 30 years ago. People just want to pretend everything is worse now.

In the old days the MCG had "dry areas" in which the consumption of alcohol was strictly forbidden. Perhaps we simply need "quiet areas" to be designated for those who wish to watch the footy in silence.

Or perhaps they can bring some ******* earplugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back