Discussion 2019 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
aren't we counting Gresh and Billings and Dunstan. Even Clark played 15 last year. Paddy basically was picked everytime he was a available. Constable Myers didnt play a game at Geelong last year.
Sure but just to mention one, Coff looked great initially and seems he's gone backwards.
If they are focused on fixing deficient he's got then everything else can drop away.

Last edited:
Sure but just to mention one, Coff looked great initially and seems he's gone backwards.
If they are focused on fixing deficient c he's then everything else can drop away.

Second year blues has been a thing for many players over the years. Even Clark showed more last season I think.
Hopefully it’s just that.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd like to think the club has ruled out recruiting players with diabetes moving forward. At the very least, not using a top 10 draft pick on them.
Totally agree but that wasn't Paddy's fault.
It was our recruitment.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
And then we would blame the coach and never the player. And that same player never gets picked up by another club suggesting our hope that he was good was wrong again
if a magpie chick falls from its nest and a human intervenes its parents disown it and it dies of starvation. The AFL are the parents, the human is richo. After he's 'coached' them, they're no good to anyone.

:drunk:

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
if a magpie chick falls from its nest and a human intervenes its parents disown it and it dies of starvation. The AFL are the parents, the human is richo. After he's 'coached' them, they're no good to anyone.

:drunk:
Or the magpie throws the chick out because it’s not doing what is required and then every human walks past it and never worries about it. The funny thing is people here imagine the players promise but other sides don’t see it. I’m going with the other sides as that is their job. We are just onlookers.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
They have lost 9, we lost 6, despite their team full of early picks.
I'm not giving you a like, our lot have heart.
Ohh I agree, the Dee's are exceptionally poor and if anyone should be feeling shaky its Simon Goodwin given the team he's got to work with.

But last night it struck me that the Dee's were very Saintlike, lots of endeavour, but poor skills and shite i50's entries were killing them.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
What is up with the AFL's facist like heavy handedness lately evicting and banning fans for some pretty tame so called abuse on umpires!

Some poor bastard got a 3 match ban for calling an ump a green maggot! Have these control freaks gone completely mad with power or what?
Another one on the weekend for a similar powder puff comment from a fan! Seriously has society become so perennially outraged about anything
That we the people are prepared to accept this crap!

Who the F gets offended by green maggot? Maggots? Green people? Or is that seen as racist these days to aliens?
What is going on folks? It's an absolute farce!

What is up with the AFL's facist like heavy handedness lately evicting and banning fans for some pretty tame so called abuse on umpires!

Some poor bastard got a 3 match ban for calling an ump a green maggot! Have these control freaks gone completely mad with power or what?
Another one on the weekend for a similar powder puff comment from a fan! Seriously has society become so perennially outraged about anything

Who the F gets offended by green maggot? Maggots? Green people? Or is that seen as racist these days to aliens?

Everybody sit in silence and may clap in unison when prompted by the scoreboard.
One nominated member of each cheersquad may cheer once during a break in play. Cheers must be generic and not directed at any specific team or player to remain inclusive.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Everybody sit in silence and may clap in unison when prompted by the scoreboard.
One nominated member of each cheersquad may cheer once during a break in play. Cheers must be generic and not directed at any specific team or player to remain inclusive.
Ahhh so AFL wants it to become tennis then.

Its always amazed me - $4.1 m to the winner of the Australian Open and they are so lacking in professionalism that a bit of crowd noise puts them of their game.

Lets go back to 2000 and look at the pressure on Cathy Freeman - if she was a tennis player she would have been demanding total silence so she could concentrate on the task ahead.

Its why I flatly refuse to go to the tennis anymore.

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

Magnificently outraged post!

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

Abusing the umps was is a part of the historic tapestry of our game.

Warning signs were there when the banned beer cans. Took all the fun out of it.

I remember as a kid as Moorabbin, the beer cans where flying over the fence so I thought I'd join in with can of lemonade.

The old man wasn't impressed and gave me an almighty backhander.

I remember as a kid as Moorabbin, the beer cans where flying over the fence so I thought I'd join in with can of lemonade.

Just like banning BYO ( eskies) destroyed Test Cricket.
I mean who is going to sit through a full day sober , and those overpriced plastic cups of mid just aren't the same.

mightymalaka

May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United

You weren't the one that knocked Sidebottom out with that errant can were you?

Didn't he go down like a bag of sh!t!
God rest his soul of course!

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
You weren't the one that knocked Sidebottom out with that errant can were you?

Didn't he go down like a bag of sh!t!
God rest his soul of course!
No but I can firm I went down like a bag of sh1t after the backhander.

My old man didn't mess around.

Even whilst I was lying in the ground he kicked me in the ribs just in case I thought of doing it again.

mightymalaka

May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
No but I can firm I went down like a bag of sh1t after the backhander.

My old man didn't mess around.

Even whilst I was lying in the ground he kicked me in the ribs just in case I thought of doing it again.
lol too funny!

Quixote

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jan 1, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd hope if our cheersquad was targeted like Richmond's has been we grow a pair and fight back.
us? fight back.... hahahaha, Finnis would be on his knees in Gil's office quicker than we could chuck Carlisle out the bus.

disgusts me how little we back our own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back