News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Bewley to make way next week?

Both fantasy relevant, which makes it tricky!
It’s not a necessity to bring him in. Bewley is doing an alright job. Problem is we bring in Harley, probably go back two weeks due to him being used to AFL footy. Bewley is used to it after 2 weeks.
We have two forced changes to make before Harley.
Could have Logue, Darcy as underdone/without AFL footy coming in. Weigh up whether we want to do another underdone body in Harley after that.

Thankfully both ourselves and Port are coming off the bye, so that underdone level some of the guys will be at, will be a bit closer than what it would be if either ourselves or Port had momentum from the previous weeks game.
Enables them to play Charlie Dixon and study us in that we have no Pearce to combat that. In a way, it’ll be nice if it rains. Then that helps us in keeping it scrappy and short kicking etc

Enables them to play Charlie Dixon and study us in that we have no Pearce to combat that. In a way, it’ll be nice if it rains. Then that helps us in keeping it scrappy and short kicking etc

Doubt very much that they risk Dixon on Optus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not a necessity to bring him in. Bewley is doing an alright job. Problem is we bring in Harley, probably go back two weeks due to him being used to AFL footy. Bewley is used to it after 2 weeks.
We have two forced changes to make before Harley.
Could have Logue, Darcy as underdone/without AFL footy coming in. Weigh up whether we want to do another underdone body in Harley after that.

I get what you're saying, and I actually really rate Bewley, has looked pretty composed with the ball and we haven't really seen the best of his running/long kicking game that people have raved about since he arrived.
I do hope they leave Bewley in the side and replace one of the young fellas that have been butchering the ball so they can go back to the WAFL and gain some touch.

But the reality with where our list is at, is that Harley will be brought in because he is a legit A grader when fit (yes I know that at this stage that's only once or twice every three years) and he'll be given every opportunity to prove that his body has turned the corner, and the young fellas will continue to get games because they're better off learning the game plan/structure etc in the ones than the twos if Ross The Boss deems that they are in his best side.

No matter what anyone thinks I'm pretty confident HB will be given his opportunity, I wouldn't think he'd be underdone if he's been playing midfield minutes in the WAFL, doubt he'll come into the midfield in the league side, if he keeps getting 5+ touches and a goal a game at Peel It's just a matter of time and who makes way, and right now I think Bewley would be stiff but he's most likely.
FWIW I'd prefer to see Hughes/Duman sent back to the WAFL and Bewley stay in the side.

Well yeah......

2 below average games in 4 years.

Seems like a legitimate concern to have.

Perhaps I should re-phrase that.

*This is why he's still on the list*

I can understand why people wonder though. But it's pretty obvious, the bloke is a Jet. Yes there's been issues with his body, and a couple of pretty small off-field things that were blown waaayyy out of proportion, but in reality the chances of Harley getting back on the park would have been no different to taking a kid in the draft and that kid actually making it as an AFL footballer. The big difference is that the upside with HB is that if it comes off we get a legitimate match winner guaranteed because we know how good he is.
Just my 2Cents is suppose, but gee whiz I'm excited about what he could do for the FFC, and I'm excited for him that it could be coming together at a time when he's got a bit more positivity going on in his personal life witn his family etc.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...-lyon-in-no-rush-to-pick-injuryplagued-docker

I can understand the logic behind it, but regardless of the team's run, personally i'd want an exception to be made in this instance, from a purely selfish PoV. Kind of from a 'make hay while the sun shines' view - if he's fit and performing (ie. capable of multiple goal games and full game time) I'd like to see what he can do in a Freo site before his run is up (if it is up, that is).

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06...-lyon-in-no-rush-to-pick-injuryplagued-docker

I can understand the logic behind it, but regardless of the team's run, personally i'd want an exception to be made in this instance, from a purely selfish PoV. Kind of from a 'make hay while the sun shines' view - if he's fit and performing (ie. capable of multiple goal games and full game time) I'd like to see what he can do in a Freo site before his run is up (if it is up, that is).
We have a plan, the plan is working , let's follow the plan through.

I think he has one more shot at making it, so a slow build makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back