Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie missed 4 weeks and has had a game for match fitness in the SANFL where he clocked up 30+ touches. Leaving him out at this point is a tacit admission that they think he's a borderline selection and want him to earn his way back into the 22.
Maybe Drew will come in. Fit. 2 goals. Almost same possessions

Current team includes:
9 defenders (Jonas, Howard, Clurey, Broadbent, Lienert, Bonner, Burton, Houston, DBJ)
3 inside mids (Boak, SPP, R Gray)
5 outside mids/wingers (Duursma, Amon, Motlop, S Gray, Westhoff)
2 rucks (Ryder, Lycett)
3 Forwards (Farrell, Rozee, Butters)

So yes, removing some defenders for mids and forwards is good for team balance.
FWIW, these are the changes I would make.

FB: DBJ Clurey Jonas
HB: Houston Lienert Burton
Int: One of Broadbent/Bonner/Hartlett/Garner. Probs Bonner at this stage.

C: Duursma Boak Amon
R: Lycett SPP R Gray
Int: One of Wines/Rockliff/Drew and one of Westoff/S Gray. Probably Rockliff & S Gray.

HF: Rozee Howard Butters
FF: Ryder Dixon Farrel
Int: Motlop

Which makes my changes:
Broadbent for Rockliff
Westhoff for Dixon

Hartlett looked good Saturday. Whilst he didnt have the numbers, I think defensively was pretty solid. I would like to see him back in.

Rockliff in for Broady or Lienert i think will be the only change though I reckon.

Assuming Farrell does the right things defensively and keeps kicking goals you’d think he will hold his spot for a while.

I just really want to see him get his hands on the ball for more than 10 minutes a game!

Still his finishing is all class.

Deluge up to Saturday surface will be fine . More so visiting teams who only have to get through a match on it

Eagles , Dockers have withdrawn from training on it so it's game day surface only

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I read that Fremantle won't train at Optus until further notice because of the surface but this idea of not picking players because of the hard surface in Perth has to be a crock.

If that is truly a concern then the surface is not fit to play on and the AFL must intervene. More likely, the timing of Freeo's announcement has more to do with them not wanting us to select Dixon and Wines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read that Fremantle won't train at Optus until further notice because of the surface but this idea of not picking players because of the hard surface in Perth has to be a crock.

If that is truly a concern then the surface is not fit to play on and the AFL must intervene. More likely, the timing of Freeo's announcement has more to do with them not wanting us to select Dixon and Wines.
Its not a crock. Freo and WCE have both lost players due to ankle injuries that they both blame on optus. Last year sydney blamed optus for buddys injury as well.

Supposed to be worse than marvel

Dont play dixon this week. Not worth the risk.

If Ken holds firm and doesn't select Dixon, Wines, Hartlett or Rockliff I will be impressed.

It would be nice to feel like he is learning from his mistakes.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure why this would be impressive. All 4 are best 22 in my opinion and if they're declared fit to play by the club medicos they should be playing.

It appear the first 2 names mentioned are unlikely but Hartlett and Rockliff are a good chance.

If Ken holds firm and doesn't select Dixon, Wines, Hartlett or Rockliff I will be impressed.

It would be nice to feel like he is learning from his mistakes.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dixon and Wines maybe, but Hartlett looks good to go IMO, and Rockliff? C'mon! Straight back in if he is fit!

As much as I want to see Hartlett and Garner again I don't think we need more defenders!

We didn't have any problems with lower leg injuries back in our day...

th

Giving Dixon and Ollie another week in the twos after coming off lower-leg injuries, especially when the AFL game is in Perth on a hard deck, is a responsible decision I reckon. Hopefully the club is learning from rushing Ollie back earlier this season.

Hartlett looking alright, I wouldn't be against bringing him in for Broady, although I'd prefer he builds up some more form in the twos first. Would love to have him make his return to the AFL side at Adelaide Oval in front of the home fans.

Would prefer to see Garner come in for Broady at this stage. Broads hasn't been bad at all, I just prefer giving games to the youth and the future of the club. If Rockliff wasn't coming back then Drew would surely get a look in. I'd bring out Motlop but I can see Farrell probably getting the chop.

With lots of players coming back from injuries, competition for spots is looking very tight. A good problem to have, but by season's end we're going to have to make some hard decisions on who to keep and let go of, because guys like Drew, Ladhams, Garner and Atley could do better than playing in the reserves every week.

If that is truly a concern then the surface is not fit to play on and the AFL must intervene.
LOL. As if the AFL is going to call out the league's shiny new stadium as sub-standard. Everyone's known Marvel has been s**t since day one and it's still always given the all clear. Now if there was a tokenistic 'We love soft grass!' photo op, without doing anything meaningful Gil and the AFL would be all over that like NRL players over intoxicated women.

Ken just confirmed on 5AA that Dixon, Ebert and Ollie will all play Maggies this week. Ebo has "fully recovered" from concussion but will wear a helmet.

Hartlett will play AFL this week!

Jack Trengove will have 3-4 weeks out with his infected leg.

Loves what Houston has done in the midfield. Sounded indifferent to Howard forward, seems like it won't be a permanent move.

Ken confirmed on his in studio interview with 5AA that Hartlett is playing in Perth and Dixon and Wines gets another game in the Maggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back