Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Anyone know what's the go with Williamson? It's been what, 3-4 weeks? Just looked at the website and it still has him out for another 3 weeks, leaving him at around the 6-7 week mark (if my maths is correct, I've not looked up when he last played)

I thought we were over the old "2 weeks" trick when Russell signed up :huh:

BlueVision

Club Legend
May 13, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
At a club function last week it was conveyed to me Liam Jones might be out for the year...not sure of quality of information, but the person was genuine in their delivery of said info.

As indicated last week, concern re foot stress reaction in a young athlete. Pleased that it is big toe rather than larger bone in foot (navicular).

Should be fine.

Did you see Tom Williamson story on insta with stocker in it?

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
I was just thinking the other day that for a club that's consistently had a bad run with feet injuries we are going ok and the new surface must be paying off. I guess Stocker's injury being minor probably doesn't really count.

Williamson situation doesn't look good to me. Something really wrong here if we appear to feel as if we keep getting him right and he keeps breaking down for long periods of time, seems as if something is majorly wrong structurally there. We've never been told exactly what is wrong with his back. Sure if it was stress fractures or what not we could put that down to something which young athletes can sometimes get and grow out of but the mystery here is concerning.

Jones is a mystery as well, I think I heard somewhere he was getting low level symptoms still which isn't good. Very happy we are taking the cautious approach here as we have this position covered adequately and it wouldn't be good to do further damage. This brings up another issue, the astroturf around the border of a lot of grounds, it needs to go, if I was Jones and this had an effect on my career I would sue the crap out of them. The stuff is hard, it doesn't have the give soil has, I don't know what's under it, perhaps rubber, but it shouldn't be there.

Good to get Murphy off the injury list, we are still a better team with him in it. Same with O'Brien who played a good game. Deluca in will be a tick whatever grade he plays.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes. Looks like big toe, same as Harry in his 1st or 2nd year.
I'm guessing strengthening the toe next to the big one is part of rehabilitation, ie keeping joints ligaments around it strong?
Thank goodness it's not a hot spot in a worse area.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
I'm guessing strengthening the toe next to the big one is part of rehabilitation, ie keeping joints ligaments around it strong?
Thank goodness it's not a hot spot in a worse area.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oh, looks like Stocker was mobilising the 2nd toe, probably means the stress is there instead. Didn't notice that initially.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
Hmm I thought we had The Fitness Guru... concerning.

We're sitting quite well relative to where we have been at this time in the last few years.

Really only 3 players who aren't in full training, Docherty, Williamson and Stocker. 2 additional players will be available post-bye.

This time last year, Macreadie was battling yet another hamstring, Murphy was rehabbing that plantar fascia, Byrne was struggling with a quad (again...), Marchbank's and Kennedy's ankles kept flaring up and ASOS's niggling achilles would cause him to retire.

Docherty and Williamson have been mainstays and I'd imagine both guys are done for the year, again.

Otherwise, I don't see a soft tissue injury on our current list, the only concern is Stocker's foot which appears to be relatively minor.

Back