Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored the 4th highest score of all teams last week after putting on the brakes halfway through the last quarter (down a rotation too when MacMillan did his calf) and 3rd highest this week in dewy conditions down a rotation early. If this is defensive than it's a pretty exciting defensive style.

I'm not a fan of Longmire and liking what Shaw's done so far so here's hoping we can keep winning so we can't ignore Rhyce.
This is NOT Shaws game plan.. its still Scotts, you havent seen Shaws yet

Im all for a new age coach who has already won consecutive Assistant Coach of the Year awards, has been in winning programs most his life and is Defensive minded yet allows the players to play instinctively and with flair running the other way.

If Shaw keeps us competitive in 2019 then give him a 3 year gig.

Scott - Shaw - Longmire all within 12 months.

I'm a senior player and confused. What does my club want ?

Rhyce seems to have stepped in seamlessly . We knock of GWS this week, " sorry Rhyce you're ok. but we think we can do better "

I want to see what he has started carry through.
Hoj, I see where your coming from but at this stage there would still need to be a proper selection and interview process.
There’s still half a year to assess Shaw and if he manages to win most of the remaining games then he will no doubt be in the box seat.
If he wins this week against a very good side at a time where we’ve won only 1 game of the last 9, then he goes a very long way to writing his own ticket!

Hoj, I see where your coming from but at this stage there would still need to be a proper selection and interview process.
There’s still half a year to assess Shaw and if he manages to win most of the remaining games then he will no doubt be in the box seat.
If he wins this week against a very good side at a time where we’ve won only 1 game of the last 9, then he goes a very long way to writing his own ticket!
You're right that a proper selection and interview process needs to be undertaken D23D. These whispers that Longmire has already been offered massive coin to Coach North suggests otherwise. :stern look

You're right that a proper selection and interview process needs to be undertaken D23D. These whispers that Longmire has already been offered massive coin to Coach North suggests otherwise. :stern look
Ok. Lets hope they are only whispers. And Horse is still contracted so he doesn’t need to rush a decision.
That gives Shaw time to win, and if he does, he is still in a very good place.
For what it’s worth, I don’t want horse for reasons already been mentioned. Then again, if the season goes to sh!t even more, then it should go to the best available

this ^^

he has got a huge leg-up to really garnish his CV for the rest of the season.

this ^^

he has got a huge leg-up to really garnish his CV for the rest of the season.
Everyone on the Shaw wagon seriously need to understand that this game plan we are playing decent footy under is Scotts game plan! This is not Shaws footy! Shaw has come out and stated on multiple occasions he’s a really defensive coach! He is exactly what horse made him, UGLY BORING BAT s**t FOOTY THAT DOESNT WIN FLAGS! Is he a good people manager? Yes, is he great defensively? Yes, will he formulate an attacking game where by we will win flags? Thats debatable! Shaw needs to have attacking coaches around him or the role needs to be given to one with shaw as the defensive coach! I dont want horse either however I can see a terrific coaching staff if we poached 2 assistants from WINNING clubs!

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-09/barrett-swans-must-ensure-horses-loyalty-isnt-tested

Barrett: Don't let North test Horse's loyalty, Swans
Damian Barrett
Jun 9, 2019 8:15PM
0906_Margin_Call_R12.jpg

North Melbourne still has interest in John Longmire, who looks to be slowly turning the Swans' foundering season around

THE SYDNEY board has a very simple task when it soon convenes for its June catch-up.
The Swans board members must vote to commit to having nine-season, premiership-winning as well as two-time Grand Final-losing coach John Longmire in charge of their football team for another three years, or join North Melbourne and Carlton in the search for a fresh face.

Longmire is contracted for 2020, so the Swans have control here. And there is nothing about Longmire as a person that says he would walk out on a contract.

But he needs and is owed security beyond next year. He almost certainly will get that at North Melbourne, if he gives their powerbrokers – two weeks after they moved Brad Scott out of Arden St – the nudge-nudge, wink-wink response they so desperately want him to give.

The Swans scored clearly their best win of 2019 on Sunday at the SCG with a 45-point win against reigning premier West Coast.

It was just Sydney's fourth success from its opening 12 matches, but there has been just one bad loss – to GWS, by 41 points in round six.

Every other defeat has been by 26 points or fewer.

Longmire has never missed finals as coach. He probably will this year. But he may be coaching as well as ever and the Swans board needs to use this month's meeting to realise it must re-contract, ASAP, one of the game's few absolutely, 100 per cent proven, A-plus-grade coaches.

His old team, the Roos, await the Swans' move.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-09/barrett-swans-must-ensure-horses-loyalty-isnt-tested

Barrett: Don't let North test Horse's loyalty, Swans
Damian Barrett
Jun 9, 2019 8:15PM
0906_Margin_Call_R12.jpg

North Melbourne still has interest in John Longmire, who looks to be slowly turning the Swans' foundering season around

THE SYDNEY board has a very simple task when it soon convenes for its June catch-up.
The Swans board members must vote to commit to having nine-season, premiership-winning as well as two-time Grand Final-losing coach John Longmire in charge of their football team for another three years, or join North Melbourne and Carlton in the search for a fresh face.

Longmire is contracted for 2020, so the Swans have control here. And there is nothing about Longmire as a person that says he would walk out on a contract.

But he needs and is owed security beyond next year. He almost certainly will get that at North Melbourne, if he gives their powerbrokers – two weeks after they moved Brad Scott out of Arden St – the nudge-nudge, wink-wink response they so desperately want him to give.

The Swans scored clearly their best win of 2019 on Sunday at the SCG with a 45-point win against reigning premier West Coast.

It was just Sydney's fourth success from its opening 12 matches, but there has been just one bad loss – to GWS, by 41 points in round six.

Every other defeat has been by 26 points or fewer.

Longmire has never missed finals as coach. He probably will this year. But he may be coaching as well as ever and the Swans board needs to use this month's meeting to realise it must re-contract, ASAP, one of the game's few absolutely, 100 per cent proven, A-plus-grade coaches.

His old team, the Roos, await the Swans' move.
So if they don’t bow to the pressure to resign him now, and he is contracted for next year, what is the problem? His manager is working overtime getting media attention but can’t the Swans just wait it out, see how this season and early 2020 goes, and decide then? North and Carlton won’t be waiting, no matter how many winks and nudges are exchanged.

Tom Browne on triple m radio

“John Longmire is in demand from North Melbourne, they’re preparing to make him a long term, multi-million dollar offer, over a million dollars a year,” Browne said.
“Sydney, he’s contracted at Sydney, they have no intention of letting him out of the remaining year of his contract.”
Browne said the Swans are likely to approach the AFL Coach’s Association for guidance.
“The Coach’s Association want clubs like North to go to clubs like Sydney first before they approach the coach,” he said.
“I don’t know if that’s practical, that’s not the way the world works.”

Tom Browne on triple m radio

“John Longmire is in demand from North Melbourne, they’re preparing to make him a long term, multi-million dollar offer, over a million dollars a year,” Browne said.
“Sydney, he’s contracted at Sydney, they have no intention of letting him out of the remaining year of his contract.”
Browne said the Swans are likely to approach the AFL Coach’s Association for guidance.
“The Coach’s Association want clubs like North to go to clubs like Sydney first before they approach the coach,” he said.
"Clubs like North" "Clubs like Sydney"

Do me a lemon. These folks have got a poorer IQ than a glass of water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Tom Browne, the Coach's Association & the Sydney Swans can all go take a flying ****.

His manager Liam Pickering categorically stated today the North has not spoken with Horse.

You know what that means.....................

This could be complete ********, but I had an uber driver on the weekend that said he saw one of Ben Buckley or Dilena (he wasn't sure which one it was and I was pretty drunk) meeting with... Paul Roos...
..... Paul Roos is a boss! Not as a coach but as a professional personal development to bolster our leadership, I am 100% down for that!

I’d even be open to him being a director of football ops!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back