List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Langdon is the same age as Blake, plays on ball and has similar stats, he's not a gun he's okay. Brodie can't get a game at one of histories worst sides. Dunny, Bruce and Blake are okay soldiers, they are some of our few experienced players, swapping battlers for more middlers or struggling kids isn't my idea of good management.
Similar stats?
Screenshot_20190611-213856_Chrome.jpg

OxSaint

All Australian
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have no picks this year and Cogs just cost cap space. Collingwood want overs for everything. Would cost a future pick and possibly our first which could be a top 4 pick, Rather go to the draft.
Sier won’t cost a first rounder. Late second at best. Same value as Kobe Stevens when we got him You would think

Sier won’t cost a first rounder. Late second at best. Same value as Kobe Stevens when we got him You would think

Collingwood don't trade out any one cheap.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Langdon is the same age as Blake, plays on ball and has similar stats, he's not a gun he's okay. Brodie can't get a game at one of histories worst sides. Dunny, Bruce and Blake are okay soldiers, they are some of our few experienced players, swapping battlers for more middlers or struggling kids isn't my idea of good management.
This is true!
But it's why trading Ross makes perfect sense....He actually has value. Just means you will need to let go of Seb's hand Gringo! ;)
It's ok man. I will be there for you to mourn and share a drink or 50 to!
We will get through this Gringo my man!

Believe brother Believe!!:fist:

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is true!
But it's why trading Ross makes perfect sense....He actually has value. Just means you will need to let go of Seb's hand Gringo! ;)

Well i loved Cayden Beetham. When is my drinking invite coming man????

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Soon as we flush out the Dunny!
Then it's open slather for us all in my dungeon! :cool:

Beware amigo! The enter at own risk sign on the door is there for a reason!! :relaxed:

I'll make sure I wear protection

raw.gif

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is true!

I wouldn't count anyone off the table , with the Melbourne Demons performing like a bottom side the feeling at the club would be pretty bad - you never know who would want out , we could have a go at Brayshaw , I'd rather have a good go at him for our round one draft pick and give them one of our half back flankers.

mightymalaka

May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
I'll make sure I wear protection

View attachment 690783
lol...That's magnificent! :p
Now you have me very curious Kegs! I like a good challenge! :think:

Funnily enough i also rated Beetham! lol
Just shows we are at the cutting edge when it comes to identifying talent my friend!

This is true!

All the people who want to trade out the beige brigade for anything but substantial upgrades might want to accept that we will be bottoming out again for a few years again then. Dreams of a master coach that will suddenly turn our turds in to handsome princes are a fair way off the mark. Ross is in a bad patch but he's still one of our few players that would likely still get games when we get a better side. We have a really messy list with not much in the older players and likely to be substantially younger next year with Brown, Roberton and Armo likely to go. Stuv and Carlisle would make us by far the youngest side in the AFL. The reason we are kind of competitive is because of our B squad with guys like Seb, Membrey, Bruce, Dunny, Acres, Newnes, Sincs etc.

Billings, Marshall and Gresham are our prime youth that are our hope but they can't do everything. The club sold a lot of picks off for this coming draft and bought in a pile of more mature talent and we have found two good ones in Wilkie and Parker.

We've mismanaged the list and are still papering cracks and now they are desperate again and want to start moving out the middlers so we can avoid admitting that the strategy didn't work.

So far we have lost Dal, BJ, Mc Evoy, Stanley and even Cripps and ended up worse off in nearly every trade. I have nothing against being bold but I do with being stupid. If they make moves they should see it as something that their jobs should depend on. If they * up this second rebuild they leave us with $12 million dollars debt and another 5 years in the wilderness.

Brisbane and Melbourne both went down the wrong path for a long time before they went back to basics and did more in a few years than in the previous 10. I hope we are on the three year part now.

mightymalaka

May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
All the people who want to trade out the beige brigade for anything but substantial upgrades might want to accept that we will be bottoming out again for a few years again then. Dreams of a master coach that will suddenly turn our turds in to handsome princes are a fair way off the mark. Ross is in a bad patch but he's still one of our few players that would likely still get games when we get a better side. We have a really messy list with not much in the older players and likely to be substantially younger next year with Brown, Roberton and Armo likely to go. Stuv and Carlisle would make us by far the youngest side in the AFL. The reason we are kind of competitive is because of our B squad with guys like Seb, Membrey, Bruce, Dunny, Acres, Newnes, Sincs etc.

Billings, Marshall and Gresham are our prime youth that are our hope but they can't do everything. The club sold a lot of picks off for this coming draft and bought in a pile of more mature talent and we have found two good ones in Wilkie and Parker.

We've mismanaged the list and are still papering cracks and now they are desperate again and want to start moving out the middlers so we can avoid admitting that the strategy didn't work.

So far we have lost Dal, BJ, Mc Evoy, Stanley and even Cripps and ended up worse off in nearly every trade. I have nothing against being bold but I do with being stupid. If they make moves they should see it as something that their jobs should depend on. If they **** up this second rebuild they leave us with $12 million dollars debt and another 5 years in the wilderness.

Brisbane and Melbourne both went down the wrong path for a long time before they went back to basics and did more in a few years than in the previous 10. I hope we are on the three year part now.
Sh!t man! Did not expect you to come back at me with a well thought out reasoned post! :oops:
I'm a little befuddled. Just wanted you to lose the dark clouds brother!

Now i'm sufficiently depressed as everything you have said is true! :sick:
Though i'm not sure holding Melbourne up as a recently successful model we should follow is wise!

Sh!t man! Did not expect you to come back at me with a well thought out reasoned post! :oops:
I'm a little befuddled. Just wanted you to lose the dark clouds brother!

Now i'm sufficiently depressed as everything you have said is true! :sick:
Though i'm not sure holding Melbourne up as a recently successful model we should follow is wise!

Melbourne's list is still good. They should bounce back next year. A few mental scars still hover over them too.

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Still think Goldy would be good, list looks better with Goldy and no Longer or Pierce
Sier would be great just dont see Pies letting him go, he is to good
Coniglio I hope we offer him stupid money,
unless the pies all take pay cuts (which is rumoured) they’ll have to let someone go. Greenwood, wills and or Sier. Greenwood is their best tagger though so out of Wills or Sier for me. I hope Sier, he has the best handball I’ve seen for a long time.

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
The reason we are kind of competitive is because of our B squad with guys like Seb, Membrey, Bruce, Dunny, Acres, Newnes, Sincs
Exactly, all we will ever be is competitive with them. You don’t want your key forward, most likely next captain, and three mids to be B graders on a good day. Ross probably wouldn’t get a game in Collingwoods midfield. It’s a joke.

I’m sick of mediocrity. Package and upgrade. Even if it costs us another painful season.

Get er done lethers 💪🏻

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Mikka wants to give up our first round pick and or Ross for an injured player yet to play a senior game. Fine, I'm wrong, do as you will. I'm starting to not care anyway. We tend to get it wrong anyway. I feel like the guy on the plane in the old Twilight Zone movie, I can see the stupid but no one else cares.
Caldwell looks fantastic when fit, I was really hoping we’d find a way to get an extra first last year and pick him.

We went another way and it didn’t happen but this kid will be a gun and I’d happily swap our first pick or a player for him. There was some talk he was homesick and wanted out, if that’s true you’d hope we’d be at the head of the line and prepared to pay what he’s worth.

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
More proving a point why we didn't get em last time. Had nothing to do with the supposed increase to the cap. Nor the list management.

Don't play finals. You don't get players interested in you.

Which FAs did we miss out on?

Fyfe, Dusty, an OOC Kelly.

Why didn’t we get them?

Because they didn’t move.

Why?

Because their clubs were suddenly able to afford to re-sign them.

You’re right though, nothing to do with list management at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back