Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Just looked at the free kick count from Adelaide vs Giants...

24 to 7

******* hell
Then why aren't we hearing a lot more about it?

wow great umpiring.... go crows
totally fair, first to the ball you know

why aren't they bragging about it?

because they want it to go away asap
who is Justin Power
is he just in power @11-1 odds?
maybe not but he's delivering

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
On the strength of today's game Sam Reid must have the best hands in the AFL. The guy is the epitome of a one grab mark, he reminds me of Chad Cornes in that regard. Reid is everything I hope Todd Marshall or Billy Frampton may one day become.
Got talking to Max James #27 the other day and he said, marking a ball was all about total focus, anything less was mental weakness.

The AFL want to turn their entire audience into a bunch of Crows fans.
Unquestioning, quiet and content to just rock up.
Yup, They absolutely do.

Old news?

IMG_3910.JPG
IMG_3911.JPG

Granny Duurs is Lovely

All Australian
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dunno if this is the right place for it and sorry if it isn't, but I saw this on the Fox website and thought it was interesting. The 5 categories are apparently based on the premiers of the last 10 seasons who each ranked top 5 in all of the categories shown.

25998a0eb68f8cb7f582c24f62c2e5f3

Dunno if this is the right place for it and sorry if it isn't, but I saw this on the Fox website and thought it was interesting. The 5 categories are apparently based on the premiers of the last 10 seasons who each ranked top 5 in all of the categories shown.

wait so we play the worlds smallest forward line and we're 18th for F50 groundball? ayy lmao.

PROBABLY BECAUSE IT NEVER HITS THE GROUND BECAUSE ITS INTERCEPTED FARKEN.

But seriously, that's a disgrace.

wait so we play the worlds smallest forward line and we're 18th for F50 groundball? ayy lmao.

*. I've had this argument with Janus a million times. All the speed and tackling ability in the world doesn't help you if your much taller opponent has just taken a mark over your head.

****. I've had this argument with Janus a million times. All the speed and tackling ability in the world doesn't help you if your much taller opponent has just taken a mark over your head.

That stat is double edged too.

It means even if they are getting to ground we arent winning them. Our forward craft remains some of the worst s**t in the AFL for like the third year running.

We're fourth worst for opponent intercepts. Most likely because we don't have a recognised key forward target that our opponents need to worry about so they can keep their defensive zone in better shape. What we do have is a resting ruck that isn't going to put the same amount of pressure that a general forward can.

A key forward also creates ground ball opportunities in forward 50 by halving the contest.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We're fourth worst for opponent intercepts. Most likely because we don't have a recognised key forward target that our opponents need to worry about so they can keep their defensive zone in better shape. What we do have is a resting ruck that isn't going to put the same amount of pressure that a general forward can.

A key forward also creates ground ball opportunities in forward 50 by halving the contest.
Yeah we miss Dixon, if he didn't mark he brought it to ground and his follow up work was good also.

I must be a glass half empty when it comes to Dixon. I remember more the dropped marks due to flat hands or him running under it. Sure his forward pressure is good and he gets to contests. 105 goals in 61 matches for us from our number one forward. Ken's either ****ed him over or he needs to be better.

Careful who you pick on, you’ll get a reputation

I must be a glass half empty when it comes to Dixon. I remember more the dropped marks due to flat hands or him running under it. Sure his forward pressure is good and he gets to contests. 105 goals in 61 matches for us from our number one forward. Ken's either ****ed him over or he needs to be better.

This one. No other club's #1 forward has had to spend as much time rucking due to their club's negligent list management as Charlie.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

According to footywire we're the worst team for average opponent intercepts per game. Last year when Dixon played 20 games, we were 5th worst.

I'm not overly fussed about being 9th for opponent score per inside 50, because we press high and usually generate turnovers prior to that.

The groundball is obviously part of the broken forward line and laughable structure we've all been complaining about for 6 years.

According to footywire we're the worst team for average opponent intercepts per game. Last year when Dixon played 20 games, we were 5th worst.

I'm not overly fussed about being 9th for opponent score per inside 50, because we press high and usually generate turnovers prior to that.

The groundball is obviously part of the broken forward line and laughable structure we've all been complaining about for 6 years.

1st for differential though. We generate more intercepts than our opponent.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots

Points from forward half is a key premiership indicator? Wouldn't like 99% of all points for all teams be scored from the forward half?

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

I wonder how it is calculated.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Points from forward half is a key premiership indicator? Wouldn't like 99% of all points for all teams be scored from the forward half?
It is points per forward half, I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back