Preview Rnd 13 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sat 15th June 7.25PM @ Etihad - Team Post #426

Status
Not open for further replies.

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers
How do you expect the club to release details of concussive symptoms without divulging information about Liam's test results?

Because symptoms are a subjective sensation that can be loosely described vs test results that potentially show objective injury...

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m interested to see how the Bulldogs approach this game.

Last time around they went head to head with us Cripps and SPS did the bulk of the damage, wonder if they’ll take a more defensive mindset or if that’s the only way they know.

Likewise with Teague does Ed get a job in the middle from the get go or if he takes a wait and see approach again

My money's on wait and see.

The tricky thing for our MC is that we want to win games, but we also want to put time into our young mids to allow them to learn and gain experience in the guts to fast-track their development.

So i think we'll go largely head-to-head and back our young mids in. Last week Walsh started on Neale but they both just did their own thing really.
If we're winning, great. If not and someone like Macrae gets off the chain I reckon Ed will be sent to them.

If we were a better team in finals contention right now, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed started as a tagger basically every week.

Because symptoms are a subjective sensation that can be loosely described vs test results that potentially show objective injury...

Split hairs all you like. The point is that the club has explained repeatedly that Jones' extended absence is due to continued concussive symptoms, and to imply that they should tell us more than that, as the post below obviously does, is at the very least unreasonable.

It is worse when there is no news out of the club to explain the extended absence.

Agree SOAP, something doesn’t seem right for it to be just precautionary measures for a normal concussion.

Split hairs all you like. The point is that the club has explained repeatedly that Jones' extended absence is due to continued concussive symptoms, and to imply that they should tell us more than that, as the post below obviously does, is at the very least unreasonable.
Give it a rest, ffs.

I am not asking for more information about his personal medical records, merely pointing out his extended absence is made worse because the club can’t/hasn’t provided any further explanation so supporters have no idea how bad Jones is.

Stop making s**t up and using it to have a go at me.

zepender

Debutant
May 22, 2019
Ladder Purgatory
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think the Doggies should be a good matchup for us and one I can't wait to see. Crippa vs. Bont is always a cracking head-to-head. Agree with everyone that Ed should be unleashed on the flavor of the week every game. If it ain't broke don't break it.

Will be interested to see the tactical changes that Bevo pulls out. They got caught with Caleb Daniel as the sweeper far too often - he was their leading possession getter with 31 touches. I think they'll try to reload off HB and catch us in transition a lot. They are a lot shorter than us, so McKay and Charlie will need to win their matchups, and Jack at ground level is going to be more important than ever. Not sure what our matchups in the back line will look like. Libba got off the chain a bit too with 7 clearances. Wonder if we see Ed going to him.

Ed should go to someone every week. Not only does he stop them he gets the ball himself.
Absolutely. Never understood why Bolts wanted to turn him into a small forward. Like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

This week or after the bye Murphy Jones Lang DeLuca will be available. Stocker & Williamson soon after. Lot to look forward to in the second half of the year

Doc the only one long term.
Any feedback you can share about how Russell views the playing list halfway through the season?

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Any feedback you can share about how Russell views the playing list halfway through the season?

Only thing I’ve been told is we are nowhere near fit enough and the younger players especially aren’t physically prepared for AFL football the way they should be. Important pre season coming up

Last edited:

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Only thing I’ve been told is we are nowhere near fit enough and the younger players especially aren’t physically prepared for AFL football the way they should be. Important pre season coming up

Is that due to us having to play them too early Soap or poor conditioning previously?

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Is that due to us having to play them too early Soap or poor conditioning previously?

Comments I get are second hand but I get the strong impression that Russell couldn't believe what was happening prior to him starting. Young players were just not ready or prepared properly by previous regime.

With what is planned I expect big improvement in 2020

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Comments I get are second hand but I get the strong impression that Russell couldn't believe what was happening prior to him starting. Young players were just not ready or prepared properly by previous regime.

With what is planned I expect big improvement in 2020

Thanks great man

rp84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Philadelphia 76ers

Haha its not splitting hairs. They are literally the exact opposite of each other.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Ed Curnow must tag someone. I don't care who it is, make him tag.

1. Marcus Bontepelli
2. Jackson Macrae
3. Lachie Hunter
4. Josh Dunkley.

Looking back some close games we had. We could of won a few games if we just sent him to someone at the start before it was too late.

Round 2 Port Adelaide - Boak/Rockcliff (We sent Setters to Rockcliff at halftime, should of tagged at the start)

Round 3 Sydney - JPK - Sydney No.1 Clearance player (Kill the source)

Round 4 Gold Coast - David Swallow (Arguably their no.1 player)

Round 6 Hawthorn - O'Meara, why did we wait till the last 15 minutes to tag him!?!?!??! He kept them in the game.

Round 8 Collingwood - Sidebottom or Trealor ?!?!?

It was so frustrating to watch the first half of the season watching him play forward pocket role.

He absolutely destroyed Neale in the 2nd half and prevented him waltzing out the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back