Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That comma is completely unnecessary though. It’s like you don’t really care about the English language at all and are just here for cheap laughs.

vvv-3.gif

Despite thinking that SOS can't be list manager once (if) he has 3 kids on our list and despite thinking he has made some big errors in (hindsight) our rebuild, i will be seriously pissed if he leaves at seasons end.

Regardless if he was always going to do it and for whatever reason it was, the club will look like sh** because of it and it will feed in to the narrative that we are a club in crisis. I would hate to think SOS would walk away just before finding out if he has built a masterpiece or left us with a turd sandwich.

Despite thinking that SOS can't be list manager once (if) he has 3 kids on our list and despite thinking he has made some big errors in (hindsight) our rebuild, i will be seriously pissed if he leaves at seasons end.

Regardless if he was always going to do it and for whatever reason it was, the club will look like sh** because of it and it will feed in to the narrative that we are a club in crisis. I would hate to think SOS would walk away just before finding out if he has built a masterpiece or left us with a turd sandwich.
It would be an incredibly selfish thing to do, but he has precedent

Our first in 2020 plus this year is also on the table for Bontempeli.

BS.jpg

I don't have any 'agenda'

I love SOS - bloke is a freakin' legend of the Club I love

I'm just questioning his performance as List Manager over the last 4 years

OK but you admit you rate McKay, Curnow and LOB yet won't give SOS any credit for getting the draft picks in the first place, and then subsequently drafting those 3...doesn't make sense.

That's a dam fine effort from SOS.

A few other wins that come to mind are:
Getting the Cuningham draft pick by trading Yarran
Drafting Fisher at 25
Drafting Willo with a late pick
Drafting Gibbons as a supplementary pick
Beating other clubs to the signatures of Kennedy, Setterfield & McGovern despite us being a lowly team

You love a good conspiracy Cookie

1. Help his mate increase his offer from the Dockers? Agree that it was a flawed decision timing wise

2. I would be surprised if the review didn't encompass the whole club

3. Reporting structures would be fluid, as long as everyone is in the loop

4. Rumour of him possibly moving on has been around for a while.

5. North GM? I would be staggered if he took a role like that, especially North

6. Probably scouting talent at another venue?
Dont lyon and silvagni have a shared business venture that they meet regularly about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, god I hate wish fulfilment posts!

By the way, anybody seen Soapy, lately? :think:;)
Still about, not being baited as much after LOB showed what had been promised in a winning team. Might be enjoying a well earned rest.

People bagging out SOS' recruitment want to save themselves the embarrassment and spend a little time and go back through the draft leading up to Hawthorn's 2008 and threepeat premierships and compare Silvagni's time to those.

The amount of early draft picks butchered along the way was fairly significant. Hawthorn had an enormous amount of top 30 picks, way more than we have had and they made a meal of a lot of them. Where Hawthorn went right was from shere weight of numbers. The had a hell of a lot of early picks and managed to hit enough of them and they used just enough of their later picks to find gun players.

People need to understand that recruitment is not an exact science and clubs, no matter how successful will have their fair share of misses.

For what it's worth, SOS' hit rate when it comes to drafting good players is very comparable to Hawthorn. I'd love to see the list if he had the same amount of top 30 picks they did. I hope in the next few years he will catch up to that.

People also need to understand is that SOS took charge of one of the worst lists the competition has ever seen. I mean it had a near 10 year gape of virtually no recruitment. The only good thing about it was that it had a few tradable players and Docherty, Cripps, Murphy, Thomas and Simpson to hold it together somewhat.

What you also have to understand is that SOS has walked into an extremely depleted and under equipped recruiting department and that is something we have been steadily building up over the years too and improving it. Agresta and Brodie are only relatively new to the department and will help improve our hit rate. Is it still under equipped and behind the best? I don't know, I hope by now it has caught up.

Our hit rate is fine, we have drafted some players who aren't much good which every club does every year. We aren't wasting early picks. We have done well to give ourselves extra early picks over the years, really well and this is the foundations in which a club like Hawthorn built it's incredible sustained success on.
The list build is clearly not done and the recruiters need time to finish the job and build the list properly.

The hard part comes now, getting in the really good young mature aged players.

Unfortunately the top players come to Victoria to look at clubs and they walk into the place and meet all the coaches and staff and look around the facilities and we are not a club which will blow people away. We desperately need impressive people at our club and we need to start to prove we are going to be successful. This really isn't up to SOS, this is more about what Brad Lloyd can do and what our senior coach can do. SOS can get the players interested and get them to have a look at us and manage all the goings on, that's his side of the job, it's up to the club to sell itself to these players so they don't meet our people and see our stuff and see us as mediocre in comparison to Hawthorn, Geelong, Richmond, Collingwood and even Essendon.

We'll never build anything if we keep knocking it down.

Plus Weiters, McKay, Curnow, Marchbank, Plowman, Cunners, Walsh, Dow, SPS, Fisher, JSOS, BSOS, Macreadie, TDK, etc, etc, etc,

Really surprised so many cannot see what is being built

Have a look on the draft/trading forum.
Apparently Cunners doesn't kick goals, JSOS is vanilla, BSOS is no good.
The only one listed as any good was Fisher! LMAO (Mods, that really deserved a F F S, not a LMAO)

SOS has been grooming Agresta as his replacement, it wouldn't shock me should he depart at the end of the year. I would like SOS to stay but I trust Agresta's judgment as a list manager, comes across as a smart guy.

SOS's good trades far outweigh the bad ones.
Is this your gut feeling Plow about Agresta?

If it pans out that way, we may end up with around pick 10-14.
Just a quick reminder that our co-captains in Doc and Crippa were pick 12 and 13 respectively in the ND.
Very true, but I just can't seeing us holding onto our first round pick this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back