Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality and logic.. Not lies and propoganda.. You probably don't know what the word racism is. Only what you have been spoon fed by the main stream media..
Hey that's great. What do you base your assumption that the vast majority of people abusing Goodes were doing so independently of the events related to him being indigenous?

The
Hey that's great. What do you base your assumption that the vast majority of people abusing Goodes were doing so independently of the events related to him being indigenous?
They boo him because of who he is and how he portrays himself on and off the field. It has nothing to do with his skin colour or race. Seriously, stop watching main stream media. You have been sucked in by the PC brigade.. No everyday, normal person ( the overwhelming majority of people) look at Adam Goodes and boo him because of his race or skin colour. If he was white, he would have been booed exactly the same

The

They boo him because of who he is and how he portrays himself on and off the field. It has nothing to do with his skin colour or race. Seriously, stop watching main stream media. You have been sucked in by the PC brigade.. No everyday, normal person ( the overwhelming majority of people) look at Adam Goodes and boo him because of his race or skin colour. If he was white, he would have been booed exactly the same
That's just you repeating yourself. Given your dribbling about mainstream media and the PC brigade I'll just assume you're not a particularly deep thinker.

That's just you repeating yourself. Given your dribbling about mainstream media and the PC brigade I'll just assume you're not a particularly deep thinker.
You don't have an answer because you are talking nonsense.. Another lemming PC warrior sadly who can't think for himself or see through the bull sh#t (ostrich with your head in the sand)

In a sense, yes I have.

The Final Quarter is a documentary compiled entirely from archival footage of Goodes and the events that preceded his 2015 departure from football
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...lores-racism-in-goodes-exit-from-afl/11176028

Sorry, this is impossible. People have told me that Adam just can't stay out of the spotlight and is bringing this all on himself by refusing to let it die.

I'm sure he sat down for hours and hours of interviews after personally commissioning the project himself in order to 'stay relevant'.

Right?

Sorry, this is impossible. People have told me that Adam just can't stay out of the spotlight and is bringing this all on himself by refusing to let it die.

I'm sure he sat down for hours and hours of interviews after personally commissioning the project himself in order to 'stay relevant'.

Right?

It’s activists using Goodesy as a vehicle.

The thing I ""loved"" most was people claiming they felt "threatened" by an imaginary spear throw by one bloke, in indigenous round. Or those who claimed that it was inappropriate.. ****en grow a pair. How much more of a snowflake can you get? Indeed, the treatment Goodes copped was shameful, was clearly racist, and all in all sums up an unfortunate amount of Australians.
You realise the blatant hypocrisy in your statement....

Grow a pair? Interesting choice of words

A millionaire sportsman was booed on a football field.

I cannot believe this is still a story.

Take a look around the world we live in. Take in the life or death persecution that others deal with on a daily basis.

And then forget about this PC crap.

What a sad and somewhat depressing thread.

The fact that a legend of the game, a two time Brownlow winner, could be ingloriously booed out of the game by the masses for speaking up about indigenous issues is something no one should be proud of.

I find this post and ones like it funny.

There are people on this thread who literally booed Goodes, and are telling you why they were booing him. And instead of listening and even attempting to understand, you dismiss it all and give your own reasoning.

What's it like to be so sure of your own opinion that you can just ignore the opinions of those who disagree with you? And just tell people how they feel and why they do what they do?

It's not even an argument any more in the real world with decent humans.
Goodes being booed was like no other player being booed because it became louder & louder.
But how about you just dress it up to suit your uneducated way of thinking.

Yes and for no other player did the AFL come out and demand people stop booing that player. Maybe people were upset about political correctness gone crazy and showed that by booing even louder, nothing to do with race. The same reaction that got trump elected, people are tired of the SJW agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the booing started before the whole indigenous issues, only increased after authorities told people to stop and other indigenous players only received cheers and praise(and yes, other aboriginal players have actually spoken about indigenous issues before, never got booed for it!) Amazing.

Of course there's an odd peanut in 60 thousand people who yells something racist, but 99% of crowds generally cheer and clap for indigenous players, sometimes even more than players of other races. Instead of focusing on that the sheep and SJWs try and label everyone racist to make themselves feel better and morally superior.

Generally if I’m asked not to do something or told something I’ve done is coming across in a very poor manner, I’ll reflect and consider modifying my behaviour if I think I should. The idea of just reflexively doubling down because I “hate being told what to do” is the mentality you should get over by age 15.

Goodes was booed and then it became a self-sustaining media storm. 'Hey I don't like him either, I'll boo too' 'No you can't boo, that makes you racist' 'Hey **** you I'm not racist I'm definitely booing now' and so on and so forth.

I think this kind of sums it all up. Aussies can rationalise behaviour in all sorts of ways, but on this issue we are simply not grown up.

Sam Newman's review is in.

dGJVXfG.jpg
If it was all about taunting Carlton fans he should've been cheered

My first memory of Adam Goodes was watching a skinny tall kid slot six in a TAC granny for Ballarat. I was delighted when my mob picked him up as a speculative late pick.

Early doors he was very shy and would not say 'boo to a goose' as the old saying goes. Gradually he became a good player, then best 22 and ultimately a champion.

Alongside that he gradually grew in social confidence and found a voice to participate in debates as one of many representatives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. He is still a quiet and reflective person and with Mickey O gives a lot back to kids through their foundation. Oddly enough some within Aboriginal communities considered his politics too middle of the road. Some of my mates consider he could have used his position to go much harder.

As a player he certainly copped his share of whacks, as all great players do. Personally I never saw him king hit other players or behave in a manner that would have him type cast as a villain. He was no Brereton or Hall.

I cannot recall any player who copped the same level of antagonistic abuse that Goodes received and I have been going to the footy for over 60 years. How can this be explained? There is only one logical explanation I can think of and that is he spoke up and white Australians just did not like it.

I still wonder what that happy 17yo kid celebrating a win and the simple joys of the game with his team mates would have thought about the nonsense written about him more than 20 years down the track. I suspect he might have been lost to the game. That would have been a loss for Goodes, footy and Australia.

I hate it how all of us supporters boo every aboriginal player, wait, no.......most aboriginal players, wait, no...........some aboriginal players, wait, no.........a couple of aboriginal players, wait, no...........1 aboriginal player, yes. We are all such racists (but only to one player.....mmmmmm)

Then when we boo another play (mmmmm, what can i use for an example - oh yes, a non aboriginal player), nothing is mentioned about race or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back