Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong are good enough to take the flag this year but there is a massive journey between June and the last Saturday of September
Only an hour down the road

Geelong kick their lowest first quarter score this 1648 and only 8 points for 2 whole quarters against a struggling Richmond. I would say it’s panic stations down at the cattery.
Q1+4: Geelong 1.2 Richmond 4.2
Q2+3: Geelong 15.6 Richmond 1.5
If it's panic stations at Geelong then it's a nuclear air raid at Richmond.

edit: Aside from Friday night's game, 45 teams have scored at least 96 points (15.6). In 12 rounds of footy, there has been 105 games of footy. In 60 of those, Geelong scored more in 2 quarters than both teams did in 4. Says a lot about both Geelong and Richmond in 2019.

Geelong kick their lowest first quarter score this 1648 and only 8 points for 2 whole quarters against a struggling Richmond. I would say it’s panic stations down at the cattery.
Geelong 11-1 150% statistically best attack and best defense in the comp. Try again. I'd say panic stations are at your mob. Bubble burst and found out since the atrocious choke in the prelim last year.

Geelong 11-1 150% statistically best attack and best defense in the comp. Try again. I'd say panic stations are at your mob. Bubble burst and found out since the atrocious choke in the prelim last year.

We were in a very similar position last year, only difference really is that we’d won a premiership so had a little bit of bragging rights and comfort behind us. What have this current Geelong team achieved that warrants any arrogance from its supporters, besides a precession of finals failures. If/when you guys falter the mobs going to be waiting!

We were in a very similar position last year, only difference really is that we’d won a premiership so had a little bit of bragging rights and comfort behind us. What have this current Geelong team achieved that warrants any arrogance from its supporters, besides a precession of finals failures. If/when you guys falter the mobs going to be waiting!
Waiting with what? A whole shitload of excuses and rubbish to talk a flag down by a club you simply don't like? Like every other ignorant salty ####er on here has done every other year a side they don't personally like or are sick of takes it out? Yawn. Give us a spell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing. Hence 99 per cent of us are just as in the dark about how we will fare when the whips are cracking as what you lot are

8 mate.

Ciao

Geelong have had 11 players play every game so far this year (Kelly, Duncan, Stewart, Dahlhaus, Miers, Taylor, O'Connor, Blicavs, Hawkins, Rohan, Kolodjashnij) 6 players who have missed a whopping total of 1 game each (Dangerfield, Ablett, Clark, Parfitt, Atkins, Henry) and 3 players who have missed a whopping total of 2 games each (J Selwood, Stanley and Ratugolea).

Tuohy (6 games missed), Menegola (5 games missed) and C Guthrie (4 games missed) are the only players who can be classified as best 22 players who have missed significant game time this year.

That is a dream run of injuries in anyone's book and it's allowed Geelong to have player continuity this year which has played a big part in them becoming an unstoppable juggernaut.

Geelong have had 11 players play every game so far this year (Kelly, Duncan, Stewart, Dahlhaus, Miers, Taylor, O'Connor, Blicavs, Hawkins, Rohan, Kolodjashnij) 6 players who have missed a whopping total of 1 game each (Dangerfield, Ablett, Clark, Parfitt, Atkins, Henry) and 3 players who have missed a whopping total of 2 games each (J Selwood, Stanley and Ratugolea).

Tuohy (6 games missed), Menegola (5 games missed) and C Guthrie (4 games missed) are the only players who can be classified as best 22 players who have missed significant game time this year.

That is a dream run of injuries in anyone's book and it's allowed Geelong to have player continuity this year which has played a big part in them becoming an unstoppable juggernaut.

Or we've just got more depth than Richmond.

Hard to stay modest when you regularly play finals.

Richmond fans don't know what that's like though.

Hard to stay modest when you regularly play finals.

Richmond fans don't know what that's like though.

Since 2013, Richmond have played in 4 finals series and won a premiership, so in 5.5 years, that’s a pretty good record, hows Geelong been in the last 5.5 years?

Geelong in my predictor played either WCE/Adelaide in a QF in Geelong (which they win easy either opp, I did multiple predictors and had either team making 4th) and then play GWS there as well in a PF. GWS beat them there last time but in a final? Probably not. That's as good a GF spot as you can get without a final being played.

Since 2013, Richmond have played in 4 finals series and won a premiership, so in 5.5 years, that’s a pretty good record, hows Geelong been in the last 5.5 years?

Hahaha.

I'm sure I saw thousands of you so called supporters flocking the G in droves on Fri night around 3qtr time. Was truly a sight to behold.

For a side that's had so much success you'd think you'd be holding the fort a tad longer!

I dont think they're world beaters but this year there is no second best team just a huge clump of slightly above average teams so I get the feeling it's a race for second at the moment. My guess is it'll be a Geelong vs Collingwood GF with Collingwood losing a consecutive grand final.

28 and counting then.

Abysmal.

Hahaha.

I'm sure I saw thousands of you so called supporters flocking the G in droves on Fri night around 3qtr time. Was truly a sight to behold.

For a side that's had so much success you'd think you'd be holding the fort a tad longer!

Unlike Geelong we know where we are at, there were no expectations Friday night for our vfl team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back