Past #43: Aaron Hall - Shinboner #1013 retires after 58 NM games - Thanks Aaron

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While I was disappointed to see Azza go down on the weekend with an(y) injury at all, I'm stoked that it's not as bad as first reported. Hopefully see him back and firing towards season's end (as we make our triumphant run into the Finals).

Some piss poor comments over the last few pages. Being too heavily invested in discrediting one of our own blokes is a **** move that really only serves to make the poster in question look like a complete tool. Strange that some people still haven't twigged to that one.

As for Green Whistle-gate....the words 'new low' come to mind.
... triumphant run into the finals? ... you don’t believe that do you?

My opinion is my opinion, he’s a cat! His magical and silky skills everyone mentions is all in hope that he one day he can return to his best footy.. just like the triumphant run into the finals.. pure fantasy!

Hall is being paid decent money to play at our club, I am in my right to be critical of someone who has come here and shown NOTHING!

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That"s Nothing. I once got kicked in the Nuts, on multiple occasions, by this Dominatrix, who once played as a Striker for the Matildas, willingly and Loved It. No Green Whistle for me Thank You Very Much. :stern look
Did you give her the purple whistle?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Gee you have changed your tune. Blabbing on about people having to go and get their own mental attention but condoning taking a free pain killer.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Some piss poor comments over the last few pages. Being too heavily invested in discrediting one of our own blokes is a **** move that really only serves to make the poster in question look like a complete tool. Strange that some people still haven't twigged to that one.

As for Green Whistle-gate....the words 'new low' come to mind.

Well said Tod

No wonder they call us norf with the muppets in this thread

A football club is under no greater obligation than any other entity. Of course some investment will go in to assisting Aaron(if he actually has issues), based upon a smart business aspect and just decent humanitarian principles, but ultimately the club must make market driven decisions. It's not as if we can keep a player around for 5 years to sweep the floors.

You also need to factor that playing football has a limited time line ferby. I expect Aaron to arrive at round 1 2020 ready to play football.,

That's hardly the suggestion tho is it. He is contracted for 2 more seasons and has line breaking pace and the ability to kick from 50 on the run. His tackling this year for us is significantly above his career average so he has brought in to the club to a point and seems to be trying to overcome some of the knocks on him. At no point did I suggest 5 years of floor sweeping. Its not like he's another Maj and has enormous potential but never really learned the game.

But you don't sign someone for that long then not do what you can to get them performing at their best. That is a waste of resources. And if you want someone to go the extra mile then you be there for them. Some people will take advantage of that sure, but those people don't last long I find. he can run and kick well when he wants to and those are things we can always do with.

And I feel the same way about him as everyone else on the list re round 1 2020. They better be ready (reasonable injuries notwithstanding,) - only one first round in a decade is enough for now. I'd like to see us win 9 of the next 10 years r1 games.

AdmiralBenson

All Australian
May 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

My opinion is my opinion, he’s a cat! His magical and silky skills everyone mentions is all in hope that he one day he can return to his best footy.. just like the triumphant run into the finals.. pure fantasy!

Hall is being paid decent money to play at our club, I am in my right to be critical of someone who has come here and shown NOTHING!

Hall has his flaws, like us all. Fair enough.

I don't appreciate this comment as no, he isn't the toughest player, but it's his first year here.

He loves being (close) to family and he and trying his best. I also don't think Scott game plan suits him.

He also hasn't the chance to play under Shaw. Ease up.

He hasn't shown NOTHING.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
If Aaron has mental health issues then he can just go see a doctor/psychologist like the rest of us.

His new employer is under no special obligation to facilitate this, other than allowing him the free time to engage in his treatment, just because they happen to be an AFL football club. The club is also under no obligation to afford him special contractual considerations. We're not a charity.
Not sure where the mental health rumours started but that’s not the case.

Aaron’s has some other issues the club have been helping him with. He told the coach a few weeks ago and hasn’t played seniors since, to help him address the issues at hand. The injury won’t help his problems. Those close to the club on this forum will know the specifics.

While his problems are self inflicted, sometimes we forget these guys are human as well and have other things in life that worry them above and beyond playing football.

If KT is racist it seems to include Krauts too.. (I don't think his LT bent was racist even though I disagreed with his footy opinions on that one).

Yeah i don't any more either.

The Ziebull v JMac is just funny. I dunno if he even believes it or just says it cos its like his sig line.

Are you serious?

kt and LT.

The Ziebull and Jmac.

I take your point, Ferball. However, JMac and LT were around for a long time before the criticism really arrived. JMac is a prominent leader on the field but we pretty much have all agreed on his shortcomings. LT was one of my favourites, but I could see how he could frustrate. On the other hand, Hall is just in the door.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back