Heroic Adam Goodes honoured with a documentary about his last season

Adam Goodes is one of the all time greats and a wonderful role-model

• I agree (correct)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I disagree, and my wife/cousin shares this opinion

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I await his swimming and **** policy (also correct)

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
You don’t understand what straw man means but please do continue.

Don't I? :rolleyes:

How about you prove me wrong with an argument that makes sense then, rather than the simpleton's "he's black and people boo'd him so therefore racist" argument that is being perpetrated on here by people like you and by idiots like Damian Barrett in the mainstream media.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't I? :rolleyes:

How about you prove me wrong with an argument that makes sense then, rather than the simpleton's "he's black and people boo'd him so therefore racist" argument that is being perpetrated on here by people like you and by idiots like Damian Barrett in the mainstream media.
Goodes is also very tall - ergo he is being boo'ed by height-ist short-arse munchkins jealous of his towering stature.
It's all a bit silly to me, i mean, couldn't people just accept he was being boo'ed for being a flog? I always thought that racism was targeting people for their race, colour, creed, background etc. Not too sure how some people got that out of the word (sound? phrase?) "BOOOOOOOO"

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
The bigger issue is that the aboriginal flag has a copyright, is produced under licence

Is it ok to call him money hungry, as he cares about his own pocket, and not his people
Wtf? Go back to your hole dh.People like you hate Goodes because you thought an Indigenous person is not worthy of Australian of the year and you don't like Indigenous people giving their opinions.Sounds like you come from a long line of bigoted dirtbags.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Wtf? Go back to your hole dh.People like you hate Goodes because you thought an Indigenous person is not worthy of Australian of the year and you don't like Indigenous people giving their opinions.Sounds like you come from a long line of bigoted dirtbags.

A number of other indigenous people have won Australian of the Year awards, I don't recall people hating them or booing them as a result of it.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
A number of other indigenous people have won Australian of the Year awards, I don't recall people hating them or booing them as a result of it.
He was targeted by the dirtbags who couldn't wait to get a kick in while he was lying on the ground. Classic gutless sheep move by the nuff nuffs.If you walked past him in the street would you stop to abuse him or would you wait until you had safety in numbers at the footy or in the safety of your home and the internet ?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
He was targeted by the dirtbags who couldn't wait to get a kick in while he was lying on the ground. Classic gutless sheep move by the nuff nuffs.If you walked past him in the street would you stop to abuse him or would you wait until you had safety in numbers at the footy or in the safety of your home and the internet ?

You have no right to speak to how others think which is what you are doing. I boo'd the guy on field because he was a flog...on field. In much the same way that plenty of people boo James Sicily, because he too is a flog when he crosses the white line. This has nothing to do with anything that doesn't happen on the park and I had no problems with Goodes being awarded AOTY. I am happy for him to call out racism such as the case with the Collingwood teenager who did not just boo him but called him a racially obscene name.

However, the essence of racism is discrimination, or being afforded different treatment based on race. And what is being asked of footy fans here is that we treat Adam Goodes differently, in that we aren't allowed to boo him for dropping his knees into a contest or throwing an elbow or staging for a free. Why is he entitled to be exempt from crowd derision when all other players are allowed to be heckled for such on field acts?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Simple fools trying to tar everyone with the same brush.

For every racist that boo'd Adam Goodes, I'd be prepared to state that there were thousands like me who roasted him only for being an on field douchebag. And would have done so regardless of the colour of his skin.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
You have no right to speak to how others think which is what you are doing. I boo'd the guy on field because he was a flog...on field. In much the same way that plenty of people boo James Sicily, because he too is a flog when he crosses the white line. This has nothing to do with anything that doesn't happen on the park and I had no problems with Goodes being awarded AOTY. I am happy for him to call out racism such as the case with the Collingwood teenager who did not just boo him but called him a racially obscene name.

However, the essence of racism is discrimination, or being afforded different treatment based on race. And what is being asked of footy fans here is that we treat Adam Goodes differently, in that we aren't allowed to boo him for dropping his knees into a contest or throwing an elbow or staging for a free. Why is he entitled to be exempt from crowd derision when all other players are allowed to be heckled for such on field acts?
Agree. someone who takes offense at a person booing Goodes simply because they think he is a flog, then staying silent over people slagging off other players like Abblett etc....that in its essence is racist. You are literally saying "you cant boo Goodes because i respect him as a strong statesman for Aboriginal rights". but on the other hand, "Abblett is a dirty bald sniper". People like some players and dislike others. Generally, in AFL, its due to how each player conducts themselves on and off the field, not what they frikn look like. Goodes is a champion dual Brownlow meadilist and does plenty of commendable work outside of footy, but that doesnt mean people HAVE to like him. And its not up to others to assume they know the reason WHY some people dont like him.

Personally, I LIKE Goodsey and i have never boo'ed him on the field. But i'll be ****ed if i have the right to tell others how they should think about him.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Hopefully this got his pathetic sooky doco some air time

Now we go back to remember him being a diving flog

Such a shame as he was a champion of the game

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Agree. someone who takes offense at a person booing Goodes simply because they think he is a flog, then staying silent over people slagging off other players like Abblett etc....that in its essence is racist. You are literally saying "you cant boo Goodes because i respect him as a strong statesman for Aboriginal rights". but on the other hand, "Abblett is a dirty bald sniper". People like some players and dislike others. Generally, in AFL, its due to how each player conducts themselves on and off the field, not what they frikn look like. Goodes is a champion dual Brownlow meadilist and does plenty of commendable work outside of footy, but that doesnt mean people HAVE to like him. And its not up to others to assume they know the reason WHY some people dont like him.

Personally, I LIKE Goodsey and i have never boo'ed him on the field. But i'll be ****** if i have the right to tell others how they should think about him.

I boo'd him and it felt good when he took a week off to sook like a little girl

I boo'd him and it felt good when he took a week off to sook like a little girl
It's not like Goodes belted a teenager and put him in hospital.

Yet Gaff was racially boo'd because of it

Much like Ablett is racially boo'd for being a sniping campaigner
Gaff's not systematically booed by every team despite his heinous, potentially deadly behaviour.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Gaff's not systematically booed by every team despite his heinous, potentially deadly behaviour.
but he is boo'ed. Is every team bar Sydney full of racist supporters? No, but there are elements of it in every crowd. It's harsh to say that everyone booing Goodes did so because they are racist. But yeah, i bet there were people booing him because they were racist. People who booed him because they didnt like they guy are entitled to do so without being labeled "racist".

but he is boo'ed. Is every team bar Sydney full of racist supporters? No, but there are elements of it in every crowd. It's harsh to say that everyone booing Goodes did so because they are racist. But yeah, i bet there were people booing him because they were racist. People who booed him because they didnt like they guy are entitled to do so without being labeled "racist".
Nobody is arguing everybody who booed Goodes is racist, but there was certainly a small element that started it and football supporters are sheep so if a few do it, many others will follow.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks

Gaff doesn't dive for frees and carry on like a douche bag on the regular too, nor does he resort to the race card at every given chance

But he was boo'd, therefore clearly racism is at play

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nobody is arguing everybody who booed Goodes is racist, but there was certainly a small element that started it and football supporters are sheep so if a few do it, many others will follow.

I understand that point of view Mofra but surely it is a lazy argument that some are making. The argument that any and all booing of Goodes is racially motivated (and people ARE saying that). Because that is what this has essentially become...and I take issue with anybody who calls me racist.

Gaff doesn't dive for frees and carry on like a douche bag on the regular too, nor does he resort to the race card at every given chance

But he was boo'd, therefore clearly racism is at play
He engaged in far more dangerous behaviour than Goodes.

I know you can't wait for the day when you can tell your grandkids about that time with only 50,000 other people you bravely stared down a man waving an imaginary spear but belting an unsuspecting teenager is far worse than anything Goodes did on field.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Evey player that has played 300 games has been reported for something, it's just a convenient deflection.

I understand that point of view Mofra but surely it is a lazy argument that some are making. The argument that any and all booing of Goodes is racially motivated (and people ARE saying that). Because that is what this has essentially become...and I take issue with anybody who calls me racist.
I'm not sure who is saying that all booing is, but I do believe there is an element of his AOTY award and speech that started some of the booing and AFL fans tend to follow crowd direction as a manner of interaction.

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
He engaged in far more dangerous behaviour than Goodes.

I know you can't wait for the day when you can tell your grandkids about that time with only 50,000 other people you bravely stared down a man waving an imaginary spear but belting an unsuspecting teenager is far worse than anything Goodes did on field.

Racism is Racism

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
But that was the problem in itself. People (and by people i mean sensationalist media-tools) WERE saying its racist to boo Goodes. They were not saying you can boo him if he punches an opposition player, they were saying "booing him is racist". When its not. Booing someone could be for a million different reasons, but when they are all lumped into the racist pile, it de-values actual racism, such as not employing a person based on race, etc. If they were calling him a monkey like Eddy did or that young girl did, yeah thats s**t and we need to stamp it out. But by saying he is now immune to criticism through booing, you make the person an exception to how everyone else is treated.

So, who made the decision that booing was racist anyhow?

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Assault is assault
The AFL are still yet to take any action on getting rid of it from the sport too

Week after week the same hit happens over and over. Only a matter of time before another player made of glass ends up in hospital

I am sure we will see more racial booing this round too, AFL is going to be saying sorry on the regular for their inaction

Back