Play Nice Indigenous AFL players call out Adam Goodes's treatment ahead of The Final Quarter documentary release

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you react to Sydney Stack?

Said to mate that the media would grab it and it would overshadow the game, and that Dimma wouldn't be happy.

Turns out Hardwick had given it his blessing beforehand, and the media didn't run with it. Reading between the lines, I think Essendon may have had forewarning also. So it was pure theatre from an exuberant but immature kid, wanting to emulate his idols.

Haven't noticed either Stack or Jetta being booed.

I find this post and ones like it funny.

There are people on this thread who literally booed Goodes, and are telling you why they were booing him. And instead of listening and even attempting to understand, you dismiss it all and give your own reasoning.

What's it like to be so sure of your own opinion that you can just ignore the opinions of those who disagree with you? And just tell people how they feel and why they do what they do?

I don't buy the 'I boo'ed him because he is a flog' apologists. Not for one minute.

We have had countless disliked/dirty/annoying players in the game and NONE of them has been booed so mercilessly like Goodes. He was booed because he spoke up about aboriginal rights and also some unsavoury parts of our history. The fact that the booers won't admit there is a racial element makes it even sadder.

I hate it how all of us supporters boo every aboriginal player, wait, no.......most aboriginal players, wait, no...........some aboriginal players, wait, no.........a couple of aboriginal players, wait, no...........1 aboriginal player, yes. We are all such racists (but only to one player.....mmmmmm)

Then when we boo another play (mmmmm, what can i use for an example - oh yes, a non aboriginal player), nothing is mentioned about race or anything else.

Yes but u forget... Goodes was the only indigenous player to speak about indigenous issues.

Oh wait... no he wasn't.

BUT... it WAS racist... because... he's indigenous.

I don't buy the 'I boo'ed him because he is a flog' apologists. Not for one minute.

We have had countless disliked/dirty/annoying players in the game and NONE of them has been booed so mercilessly like Goodes. He was booed because he spoke up about aboriginal rights and also some unsavoury parts of our history. The fact that the booers won't admit there is a racial element makes it even sadder.

Lmao i love how people like you try to rewrite history.

Plenty of players like Judd Aker Ablett LLoyd Hodge Milne ect received merciless booing their entire careers. Goodes only really started getting booed regularly in the later half of his career when he started to snipe, dive, carry on like a flog (while still winning Brownlows). If you seriously think people were making a point to boo Goodes because he spoke about Aboriginal rights then you are a very sad person who has a horrible opinion of the general public.

Im still waiting to hear the boos to all these aboriginal players recently backing adam goodes stance against racist aussies. because, apparently we all boo any aborigine who says something about white aussies being racists. Will be a lot of booing........oh wait, no there wont because people booed Goodes the person and not his skin colour or race.

One either knows something as fact or they don't and you not 'buying' it amounts to nothing without evidence.

Clearly there will be some of the 'evidence' in the movie/doco, but one also has to remember that people are sheep and many would have just gone along for the 'fun' of it as silly a notion as that may be. (Booing is stupid, but that makes for another topic)
One can understand how the booing of Goodes came along and one can also understand how those with racial motivations may well have come along for the ride, but to announce anyone and everyone that booed a racist - No, unless you interviewed each and every one of them....and you haven't.

I suspect he might’ve been referring to incidences such as this.

View attachment 690540

Behavoiur like this is unacceptable and has nothing to do with racism.
Do you boo Gaff every time he enters a stadium? Because what he did was far, far worse.

If not, then I call BS on your justification for booing Goodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My last post in here.

Let me try to explain my thoughts.

Have you ever tried to explain something to someone, and they just don't listen?

In the end you just throw your hands in the air and think, "why bother"

By pointing the finger at people and telling them they are racists, in the end, that is what some of those people will do, they will think."why bother, whatever i do i will be called racist anyway"

Sure tell them it was callous, explain to them what they did to a human being, but stop labeling them as racists, because you are not helping the problem we have with racism.

A case in point: In this very thread, i have been labelled a racist,just because i have a different view on why people booed,even though my ideals are most probably similar to those pointing the finger.

In all the circle of family and friends I have had over the years I have never known or associated with racists and if I ever heard or saw something aligned with this poisonous mindset I would pull them up and my respect for them would fly out the window.

If you think that it was right to stop booing Goodes as it disassociates yourself from potential racists, that’s ok if that’s how you feel. It’s your right.

But if you think that it was ok to boo Adam Goodes because late in his career he became a gutless, dirty player adopting extremely dangerous tactics that could of easily ended the careers of his opponents it’s wrong to assume and label those individuals (with so many things) as racist, prehistoric, behind the times, low IQ, only a complete idiot can think this way, blah blah blah. I respect Goodes for how he represents and stands up for his culture and heritage as should all of us. Had no problem how he pulled up the 13yo girl (if that was my kid l would have clipped them across the ears) or the spear throwing routine as that’s part of the indigenous culture & heritage. But as a player towards the end of his career he unfortunately became a dirty player and these are two totally seperate things.

In this day and age of political correctness gone mad ...... please leave me behind thanks!

What an absolute joke. Many people in this country need to stop watching the idiot box and reading main stream media. It's all ********. Many are becoming brainwashed by this propoganda, lies and nonsense.
The overwhelming majority of people booing Adam Goodes did it because they don't like him as a footballer or a person. It has absolutely nothing to do with the colour of his skin or race.
The ignorance and lack of education of many in this country is absolutely astounding.
It's absolutely sickening how stupid this society is becoming. PC warriors.. Utter lunacy..

It's a catch-all ideology where if you're not saying what you're being told to say..............then you must be one of 'them'

Some people genuinely mean well and can debate through a situation but then we have these faux do-gooders, who explode into a tirade when defending their often newly adopted views as they have the incessant need to signal 'Look at me. I'm a good person' No. You're not a good person just for your words.

Because hopefully 3 years later, more people, myself included, have become better educated on the matter which is exactly what Goodes was trying to actually do back then, so it has worked though clearly we have a long way to go.

Reckon if they started sniping blokes and voicing divisive politics, they'd attract some critics.

By pointing the finger at people and telling them they are racists, in the end, that is what some of those people will do, they will think."why bother, whatever i do i will be called racist anyway"

It's the mirror opposite of using terms like SJW and PC as insults. It detracts from what people are trying to say.

My last post in here.
Sure tell them it was callous, explain to them what they did to a human being, but stop labeling them as racists, because you are not helping the problem we have with racism.

A case in point: In this very thread, i have been labelled a racist,just because i have a different view on why people booed,even though my ideals are most probably similar to those pointing the finger.

People do not understand this concept and you know why, don't you?
It's because they have no ammunition in the gun they're pointing at you. Just put-downs.

When exactly has anyone chosen to reflect on themselves after being called-out an Idiot? A moron? A racist?
Tell me what exactly does that achieve, other than for someone to puff their chests out at the expense of the one they're wanting to shame.

Have a look at just how careful people in the media are should they say anything that some will find a 'need' to jump on and call out; Racist, Misogynist, Homophobe etc. People are paralysed with fear for saying something that may be construed to be one of the above, that they never go near having a broader discussion and actually exercise their right to cite truths. To make things up that sound good, doesn't make you a good person. Actually, makes you out a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back